My perpetual grow journal

Yes it is. Thats why i was going to remove the smaller ones before flip, but i hesitated, so now they will stay.

1 Like

I’m thinking you’ll have the root structure to support her no problem

So, based on what ive seen this last week since flip, i think she needs more nitrogen. Leaves arent as dark as i think they should be. She looks a bit hungry i think, and still droopy looking.

She is also drinking about a 1/2 to 1 gallon a day. Ive had to add 1.5 gallons to res since a week ago.

I think im going to try upping the nutes for this res and see how she responds.

3 Likes

I agree with you. She doesn’t look as happy as she has. I hope you get her figured out sooner than later.

I don’t know if @peachfuzz or @Myfriendis410 pop in here ever. But they run DWC, may have some insight?

Good luck bud

Well, i mixed a new res at 1/2 strength, up from 1/3 strength. Added CalMag plus at 1.5 ml/gal, and Big Bud at 1/2 strength- 15ml per 4 gal. Ph’d down to 6.2 because the ph of used “runoff” nutes has been pretty low. Im hoping that by spraying at the higher end of PH range will allow more nutes to be absorbed as the PH drops. Lights are now at 100% brightness at ~19 inches from canopy. I removed the heater because temps are staying above 70 without it. Timer still set to 3sec on/5min off.

I removed all nozzles yesterday one by one to clean them out after noticing one that was clogged. Ill be ordering another set of nozzles so i can swap them out periodically with clean ones.

1 Like

She still looks underwhelmed with something. I dimmed the lights to 50% about an hour ago, and she seems a little perked up. Wondering if these lights just need to be dimmed.

2 Likes

They look great to me. Sometimes it’s a balancing act between enough light, nutrients, and temperature at canopy level. Too much light and not enough nutes will cause them to turn a lighter shade of green. Keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I may have found part of my problem…i noticed that since i removed my heater, the temps have dropped significantly to about 69°F and 65% humidity during lights on. I have read that some nutrients are hard for the plant to move around at lower temps. Wondering if the temps are affecting the nute uptake. I added a smaller heater to the tent set to 70° so far this is lights off

Lights off, heater on

Lights off, heater off

3 Likes

I think you are ok down to 65 degree before she is not happy…

1 Like

Well, i hope she pulls out of it. Ill be changing the res this weekend with week 3 flower nutes, but still trying to pinpoint the ec needed in this system. Seems my white widows were much easier to figure out in this system, but they were also clones.

She has gotten her green back for the most part though after removing alot of lower growth tips.
Wondering how to get her to perk back up though. I did take alot of leaves before flower flip, then i took those lower shoots at 1 week. Maybe she is just recovering still? Idk. The roots look really really healthy, so i dont think that is an issue. But my ppm seems to rise in the “runoff” so i still feel like that is indicating some type of issue. Maybe there are some dead roots in the bottom of the chamber that i can see? I dont see any algae, or slimy stuff anywhere.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if she was just working on recovering

1 Like

She got her week 3 flower nutes at 3/4 strength. Ph’d to 5.6, EC of 2030. Grow A/B, B52, Big Bud. Hydroguard at 2ml/gal.

I had a thought about the new Advanced Nutrients PH down that i started using instead of the regular GH PH down that i was using but was getting low on. I read the back of the bottle on the AN, and it says available phosphate 55%. The GH bottle says phosphoric acid. Are they the same thing? And if they arent…is it possible that the “available phosphate” from the AN product is messing with the ratio of nutes, and causing deficiencies? The stuff is crazy potent. I have to be quite cautious with it. .25ml at a time for a 5 gal mix.

This res was mixed with the GH ph down i had left. I also dimmed the lights to about 60 percent. She is looking much greener, and happier. Her leaves arent so droopy, and the buds are forming nicely.

She has drank about 1.2 gallons since saturday

5 Likes

she is looking nice right now…

2 Likes

They look great!

@Graysin @JaneQP @peachfuzz might be able to share some knowledge. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Thx for the tag @HappyHydroGrower

It gets confusing with inorganic nomenclature. Usually you get an NPK ratio. Nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium. But like you found you will see that these numbers can be represented differently. You can find Nitrogen as Nitrate (NO3) and Phosphorus as Phosphate (PO4) in some nutrient labels which makes it confusing. There is a conversion that accounts for the oxygen molecules and I always wonder if it has been done. I’ll tag this post and when I get time will try to provide more information.

Best to you.

4 Likes

Well…she hermied. Checked on her today and she looked good except for the balls that formed next to the flowers :confused:

Took some pics to capture the structure
After removing net

After chop under pic

Root pics

Setup pictures

Drain port

5 Likes

Man, that’s an unfortunate turn of events.

In the future if it’s worth saving (personal preference), you can use scissors or trimmers to snip male parts and spray her down with plain water after sac removal. That kills any pollen that may have become airborne and will mitigate any potential pollination.

Problem with ball removal is you need to stay on top of it - if you’re anything like me, I ain’t got time for that. Herms gotta go to the garbage can before they ruin the rest of my room.

3 Likes

Heart breaking man! I can’t remember the name at the moment but I recall a discussion about a spray people use to prevent herming or even reversing males for breeding selection.

Did you trim too much too close to flip you think?

1 Like

oh man…did you consider letting it go a bit longer and then harvest before too many seeds set in…I did this and the smoke is a good early morning one

your roots tell the story of a good setup

4 Likes

Honestly, i just dont have the extra time or desire to do that. The only time i have to maintain them is after work between dinner and kids and all the other responsibilities i have.

That is also very possible. She got away from me a bit. But also, the grower i got these from said they stopped growing this strain because it was doing the same thing.

I did, decided to cut her instead. I will reset and modify some things then try again with a different strain.

4 Likes