My perpetual grow journal

My accumulator and new switch came in today. Went to the store and pieced the pizzle together after an hour or so of shopping. The switch is set to turn on at 80psi, and shut off at 100 psi.

I didnt have any grommet or cable mount for the sharp edges of the box. I did however have these leftover pieces from my scrog frame…

short piece of pvc pipe between the two 45 degreen elbows. Exact size, and the cover still fits.

I also did some super cropping on the top two mains as well as some twisting.

Before

After

I made small rings with plant ties to very loosely hold the tops to the string after.

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Im struggling with whether or not to trim the stuff under the screen, leaves, growth tips…

Trained the other two mains down and brought the lower stuff up

3 Likes

Solar panels for the plant till she gets more leaves. I probably trim too many. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Well she took a couple days to recover completely from the training. But the other two mains got trained down with some cropping. The side branches have developed knuckles at their mains. She has consumed about a gallon of liquid, which is probably closer to like 3/4 gallon because of the lines and whatnot being filled.
I added one gallon of ph 5.7 tap water to the res to make up the difference and get the EC back to 1000 range.

Realized this evening that when i cropped the second set of mains, i cracked the stem during the twist. Papertape and green tie.

Some glamour shots

4 Likes

She’s looking absolutely awesome. Those roots are gorgeous

2 Likes

I wish I could get a picture of all the branches I have split open. Amazingly, I’ve only lost 2 that I have cropped…lol …it happens! …lol
They are looking awesome! Keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

3 Likes

Update, have been training just about every day at this point, those mains keep getting stiff when they tip back up towards the light. I have alsp been maintaining the larger leaves rhat are getting piled on eachother and causing wet spots. If i cant tuck them away and they are a problem, they get removed. But only the older stuff.

Changed the res today at 1/4 strength. 4gal with 15ml a/b 8.5 ml B52(meant to do 7.5), and 8ml hydroguard.
Ph 5.5 after adjustment, EC 1080.

Increased light intensity a little today as well. Used the LUX app to measure avg around canopy with light at 19 inches, got an average of 14600. I entered that into a dli calculator, and got ~26. Looking at ideal dli during this stage, looks like a 32 DLI is ideal. So i increased my light intensity roughly 8% until my average was closer to 19K to get a DLI of 32. I will keep an eye on her throughout the day tomorrow to make sure she is ok with the change.

Overall i think she looks real happy

1 Like

1 Like

Did some cropping on the 4 mains to bring them back down. Also trained down the rest that were tall enough. Seems I’m running out of space to rout these branches…

Also added 1 gallon tap water today to top off reservoir. Ec was up to 1200, after gallom added, it is down to 980. Ph 5.5.

2 Likes

Looking great! May have to run some of them back to the middle??
How long you gonna veg? :v::sunglasses:

1 Like

I started doing that with some of the “lower” shoots that are still short enough, and look like they want to go that way already.

I really wanted to try filling this screen as much as i can before flip, but im starting to wonder if she is going to let me do that.

1 Like

Mine seem to take off in veg around the 6-8 week mark. Keep’em growin!

1 Like

Well, i retrained the entire plant so that the branches coming off the 4 mains run straight off instrad of angled, i also crossed them over eachother. This will hopefully make training easier so i dont have them running into eachother.

Oh and i forgot to mention, i accidentally topped one of the mains trying to bend it back down… so i did the other side too so they match lol :person_shrugging:

Before and after, and closeup of the overlapping:

New res was mixed saturday. 15ml grow a/b, 7.5ml B52, 8ml hydroguard, and a bit less than 1/2 tsp great white.

Ph floated a bit high at 6.4. Added some ph down to adjust down to 5.6.

Ec has been slowly decreasing, res was mixed at 1090, it is down to 960 now. So she seems to like the mix as far as i can tell.

4 Likes

And back to normal

Those roots though

6 Likes

They bounce back so fast sometimes. Very nice

1 Like

Nice white roots. Plenty of fishbone going on. Looking good :+1:

I can’t wait for mine to finish so I can take cover off my tray and see what the root Mat will look like

3 Likes

Update:
Removed fan leaves under the screen that weren’t getting light, and overlapping eachother.

Res ph dropped to 5.3 and EC was 1200 so i added one gallon tap water, ph rose to 6.0. Adjusted back down to 5.7, EC 910.

Roots seem to have fluffed up a bit since the last look too.
2days ago

Today

3 Likes

Good job! Are you still giving your roots a hair cut periodically? Keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses: