My latest auto watering system

Your system is pretty freaking sweet! I’m a little jelly actually… I live in a 1 bdrm apt so I’m always a bit in awe when I see setups as nice as yours!

I don’t do autos… My 1st grow I tried doing an auto and photo in the same tent… My only tent at the time… It was a disaster… Spurred some good ideas, but looking at the 2, auto vs photo, I decided I by far preferred the flexibility afforded by photos… Haven’t looked back

Right on Brother and appreciate the compliment! My 2nd house in the last 2 years and grow in my garage. Environment is my biggest challenge with temp and RH adjustments. That and having to grow on the down low :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Definitely a lot more room for error with photos. I grow both and autos can be tricky and unforgiving when :poop: goes south :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

One nice thing about my little setup, is that it can look like this with the temps never exceeding 85 inside either closet… I can leave them completely closed up for a week at a time… Like I can resist peeking :grin:

1 Like

Sweet! The only time I’m not peeking in on them is if I’m gone for a few days :joy::love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I went trailer park style… Window unit in a closet… I vent the exhaust to the left using a disposable aluminum turkey pan and some duct tape with a dryer hose… On the other side of the wall is my hot water heater/furnace closet… There’s an air intake in there… As long as I leave the fan on, it sucks all that hot air right outside

2 Likes

That’s true… And I am error prone… Working on a lifetime achievement award in that dept

Engineering at its finest :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

:point_up_2: I’m leading in this category :joy::joy::love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Waaaay too much credit my friend… But it does work :smiley::+1:

1 Like

@TinyMeatGang here is the system i set up now use in all my grows. Help yourself to ideas. As you will see i ended up using smaller lines and emitters which worked better. Those you show in the pic were too diffucult to get balanced.

1 Like

@Sammys heres what ive done. For me it has worked flawlessly thru 24 grows. Some maintenance required that i will add next day or 2

1 Like

@Cap_Ron i saw you mention lugging buckets of runoff. This is how i handle runoff. This thread is for my auto watering as well. Maybe you will find it helpful.

2 Likes

“southern accent” where yah get dem pans GURL??? LOL

but seriously where did you get the pans?

1 Like

The 1st one i made the rest i found was easier to have my co panies sheetmetal shop make them.

1 Like

thats cool. i wonder how much one without the hook up would cost lol

1 Like

Not sure. I have a thread somewhere where i made my own if you think you could bend your own. Or just contact local hvac shop and ask if they can make one. Dont know the cost. I gave our guy an ounce each time he made me one.

1 Like

yeah i could bend it. they are built out of HVAC sheet metal?

1 Like

i couldn’t really see how the corners come together on your drain pan in your pics. did they weld it or like fold them together?? if you don’t mind, could you snap a picture of one of the corners? i would like to mimic it.

1 Like