My latest auto watering system

Here I will post pictures and description of my auto watering system. It worked while I was gone 6 days. Growing incoco and watered everyday so a soil grow should be good for even longer away time

7 Likes

Interested! I’m in coco and want an auto watering system but get worried about pH drift

4 Likes

Start with reservoir. I’m using 27 gallon tote with aquarium pump that is electrically plugged into a digital timer like this

I set it for a minute to start and adjust on time as necessary
Here is a pic of the model info on the pump and a pic of the tubing or vent I stuck in tubing on discharge line of pump just under the lid of the reservoir but above the highest water level to act as a vaccum break and prevent siphoning of res water.

10 Likes

Right on Grow Bro! Love the simplicity of your watering system :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

The reservoir is located in the room where my water supply comes into the house. From left to right is the ro system which feeds the 55 gallon blue storage barrel. This is where I get all grow water and in the far right you can see the reservoir for the tent in the next room. Pardon the clutter. I’m building this at 5 am and have to leave for work so cleanup has to wait,

7 Likes

Here you see the black poly line coming across. I have it secured to the copper line to keep it straight. (It’s what I had). The green tubing goes to these small Halo drippers

Just stick them into the grow medium and there it is.
Note the green lines, they all have to be the same length to water evenly so set up your arrangement and figure the longest tube needed and then cut all the rest this longest length.

6 Likes

Now, how I get rid of runoff I installed a bulkhead drain fitting in my drain pan

This drains to the little giant condensate pump which is float activated and pumps the runoff through tubing that follows the feedwater line back to the water room and either into a bucket or down the drain.

Last is a pic of another room using the same tech. Aurora indica 3rd week flower. So it does work. I went to Texas for 6 days and had to come up with something and this is it. Again I grow in coco and water to runoff everyday and it has worked for me. Worse case scenarios
The timer fails to start and plants suffer
The timer fails on and empty the res but the condensate pump sends it all to the drain so no flooded basement or tent.
I hope some find this helpful

7 Likes

@Stonedrus from a comment you made on another thread here is what I do.

1 Like

The ph can creep a little but not much especially if you clean the res and pump regularly. I have extra pump and tote so I change it out and then clean the other. If I start with ph 5.5 or 5.6 by time I mix fresh nutes and refill the res the ph has only crept up to maybe 6.1 which is still in the zone for coco and into flower the upper part if that range seems better anyhow. So as the ph creeps the plants benefit from the wider range of the nutes

4 Likes

You have it set up very well. Is it drain to waste or recycled? Ph drift is my main concern as well. You have me thinking, Thank you. I appreciate the time you took to put this together. :green_heart: :pray: :v:

2 Likes

See that was my concern, but the way you said that part there makes sense. I mix 5 gallons (no auto feed) and pH it around 5.75, and by day 3, at the end of the 5 gallons, it’s only at 6.0.

And 2 systems to switch between is an awesome idea.

2 Likes

Works for me

1 Like

Auto system completed.
Transplanted the clones from solo cups to 1 gallon pots.

4 Likes

Wow. great ideas.

1 Like

Thanks, it works for me. I made this thread after seeing many posts asking about some automated water/ feed system. Takes some of the worry out of having to be away from the grow and having to entrust plant care to someone else that 99% of the time is a fail.

5 Likes

Nice to see you here. I haven’t seen your name in a while. Last time I saw you was on a thread with artwork. Maybe I just haven’t paid attention if so I apologize. Either way I hope all is well with you.

@StonedCold13
This is my latest auto watering system. It works great and the little halos came from my favorite grow store. They were only a couple bucks each. I think I like these better than the larger halos I’m using in another room which can be seen on another thread. Happy to help I’m not sure where your at or if have access to these I’m going to the grow store tomorrow to get a bud tested I’ll ask what brand they are and if he can ship. If so I’ll give you the name of store and you can contact and maintain your anonymity on here and with me as well. Happy growing :blush: :smiley:

2 Likes

Awesome of you, thanks :+1:

1 Like

The ones I was finding was $12 ech. After shipping was going to be $150. I couldn’t do that. I’d make some like was suggested to me. But I’m liking these you have, couldn be much.

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/3-Matrix-Circulator-12-Pack/dp/B085KTSRKY/ref=sr_1_36?crid=7R4ZKWY68G1&keywords=Flora+flex&qid=1643286644&sprefix=flora+flex%2Caps%2C392&sr=8-36

These have to be connected this way to work properly. They also snap apart for easy cleaning between grows

2 Likes