My latest auto watering system

@NUG61 here you go. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

@kwall429 this thread may be useful and not real expensive

1 Like

I have stopped using the rings and started using regular drippers as theyre cheap and when they clog ( rarely)i just stick on a new one

2 Likes

Yeah. This is helpful.
Do you have a shopping list?

Local gro store for the fish tank pump and tubing and fittings and emitters harbor freight for the timer home depot for the tote for resevoir. Youll be feeding auto but how are you going to deal with the runoff?

2 Likes

Itā€™s an outdoor grow.

1 Like

@lebowski this may be helpful

2 Likes

Bruh! Pretty pimpin! I like the setup.

2 Likes

Thanks, it wasnt that har to do. If ya need help im here

2 Likes

@Jestertz

@Shannon32
Go to grow forum and bud of the month november and vote.

@matty777 here is how i set mine up

1 Like

Your thread solved a big problem for me and thatā€™s equal distribution. After reading your thread I realized my water/nutrient does not distribute evenly from the reservoir because all the hoses are not the same length. Im actually happy with my set up if I could just get the distribution figured out. Im gonna try cutting the lines all the same size and see if that works for me , thanks again @Allinherhead

2 Likes

My approach is a little differentā€¦ Works great thoughā€¦ I grow in soilā€¦ I am using Jacks 20-20-20 during veg and 10-30-20 for bloomā€¦ I use 5 gallon buckets as my reservoirā€¦ I premix the jacks in the reservoirs at half strengthā€¦ Package recommends that for a constant feed scheduleā€¦
I use blumat carrots for distribution

Itā€™s kind of hard to tell whatā€™s going on, but the buckets up top actually feed both closetsā€¦ The carrots release a little bit of water whenever the soil dries outā€¦ As soon as the soil is moist again, they stopā€¦ The plants essentially feed themselvesā€¦ Thereā€™s never any runoff or fungus gnatsā€¦ And, thereā€™s no motors or timers to breakā€¦ I can leave them unattended for a week or so, sometimes moreā€¦ Depending on how much the plants are consuming, which is usually determined by their size and stage of developementā€¦

I got the same thing going on in the laundry room.

In the soil the moisture spreads out into a ball shape tapered on the top and bottomā€¦ I periodically move where the water dripsā€¦ No real reason other than the roots start growing out of the ground where theyre being fed( as in the above picture)ā€¦ Kinda freaks me out for some reason but is clearly not harming the plants

2 Likes

@matty777 and @HappyHydroGrower and @Allinherhead ā€¦ You might also notice some clear tubing running into the reservoirsā€¦ Those originate from an aquarium air pumpā€¦ I keep aquarium air stones in the buckets 1) to prevent anaerobic bacteria from forming and 2) it also keeps the Jacks from settling to the bottomā€¦ Keeps everything nice and mixed

3 Likes

Excellent DIY Grow Bro, howā€™s the PH drift in the buckets? I run autos pots and an aeroponic res and get a 0.1-0.3 drift. Usually only have to adjust the PH once a week :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Drift is minimalā€¦ I use tap water I treat with aquarium stress coatā€¦ It phā€™s at 7.8 consistentlyā€¦ I add the jacks at 1/2 strength and either a tsp of vit C or a tsp of monosilicic acidā€¦ Bring ph down to 6.1-6.2ā€¦ it doesnā€™t drift more than .2 ever, if at allā€¦ Itā€™s within the acceptable ph range, so I donā€™t ever bother adjusting anything

1 Like

Right on and good to hear how well this is working for you and the ladies. I would be up :poop: river if it wasnā€™t for the auto and aeroponic res. Work life leaves me about 15 minutes a day for plant love :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I initially tried a motorized digital water pumpā€¦ I got a little cheap pos off Amazonā€¦ Crapped out in less than a weekā€¦ Then I discovered blumatā€¦ But in my newbie fervor I was too prone to over feeding in part due to the fact that my little system was so easyā€¦ I was all organic at that pointā€¦ I switched to hand watering and feedingā€¦ After a few months of that, my newness has worn off a bit and Iā€™m back to looking for easyā€¦ I might switch back to organic, using dry amendmentsā€¦ Might bury a couple reusable coffee filters in the dirt that I can put the dry amendments in and have the blumat drip on to distribute the nutrients through the soilā€¦ I donā€™t knowā€¦ I think it might workā€¦
PH drift might be a real concern there thoughā€¦ Hmmm

Decisionsā€¦decisions. I like the ease of coco and jacks but Iā€™m always brainstorming on set ups. A lot of trial and error. Running my 1st DIY aeroponic grow and a huge learning curve during the seedling and 1st week of veg, got it pretty much dialed in now but probably set the growth back a week or better and thatā€™s no bueno with autos :love_you_gesture:

1 Like