My first outdoor auto grow

So I’ve decided to try my hand at autos along with outdoor.
I purchased the 3x5 auto mix pack from ILGM.
Germinated 1 amnesia haze, 1 northern light and 1 blueberry on 6/4.
All 3 germinated and have been placed in small peat pots.
(2 were planted on 3/6 and the other on 3/7)
Will snap a few pics when I get home.

Once they pop through I’ll put them under a T5 fixture for a few weeks then start introducing them to natural sunlight before moving outdoors.

Not sure what I’ll use yet for medium. Was thinking of burying a 5 gallon bucket with a bunch of holes in it in the ground and then transplanting into another 5 gallon bucket that will be placed into the 5 gallon bucket that is burried in the ground. That way the medium is contained and also if I ever had a situation where o needed to move them I could just remove the 5 gallon bucket from the bucket that is burried.

7 Likes

Here are some pics of my little ones.

@bob31 @Hogmaster @Countryboyjvd1971 @Smokin_ernie

2 Likes

They are so little I can see them yet hahahhaa
Nice :+1: Can’t wait for them to pop out and say hello

1 Like

Lol. The blueberry (BB) should be popped out when I get home. The stem is starting to curl up out of the soil so I imagine it will break on through to the other side.

2 Likes

Nice I love it when they break soil some posted a time lapse a while back might have been @Capt_Seeweed it was so cool @Jmesser80 to see

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 Did you have any breakthrough with your one inch hole LOL morning bro

2 Likes

Wasn’t me…love to see it though… I thought about doing a time lapse video during one of the blizzards last winter… :cloud_snow:

2 Likes

nicely done! I bet you cant hardly wait for them to poke there heads up. Time lapse would be cool.

2 Likes

Dam I wish I could remember who it was it was very cool to watch hummmm hello anyway @Capt_Seeweed thanks

1 Like

@Jmesser80 This is my favorite part of the grow, tending to the nursery! And cutting them down!

2 Likes

They have all popped up. One of them still had the shell on it but it came off very easily but the membrane is still on it so I’m going to wet it and perform some surgery to remove it. My T5 light will be here today just in time to get them in the dome and get the humidity up.

3 Likes

They look perfect @Jmesser80

1 Like

I moved them into the dome and under my new T5 unit.
Still not sure what I want to put them into when I move them outside. It sure if I’ll just put them in the ground or in a bucket. I have to remain very stealthy so I was leaning towards straight in the ground.

I was also thinking of taking a 5 gallon bucket and putting a bunch of holes in it then burying it in the ground. Then planting the seedlings into a different 5 gallon bucket with holes in and putting it into the 1st bucket. That way It would be low to the ground. What do you think?

2 Likes

I think I understand what you mean @Jmesser80 but I’m not sure of what the advantage would be?

I live in a non 420 state and am planning on putting them in my regular garden. So I was thinking if I did it like that inwould be able to remove the plant and hide it away if we’d be. Also would allow me to bring it inside if we were to have a bad storm or something.
I was really just kind of spitballing. I’ll probably just end up planting them in the ground and putting the LST to them to keep them as low as possible.

1 Like

Ok I hear that! Even if you used those orange bucks and drilled holes in them I think the roots might find their way out of the bucket to some extent unless there is an air gap.

I like your thinking!

1 Like

That’s the one downside I could think of. Ripping the roots if they work there way through the 2nd bucket. Still up in the air about it.

In there new temporary home until they get a bit bigger.

2 Likes

Day 5 after germ.
I took the dome off for a bit to let them get some air. Noticed the roots peaking out of the bottom of 2 of them.

I know indoors a 3 gallon pot is suffice.
Is a 3 gallon pot ok for an outdoor auto?
I need to get them transplanted in there final pots.

Can you burry the soft pots in the ground? I’ve only ever used 5 gallon buckets so I’m not to familiar with the soft pots.
@bob31 @Hogmaster @Smokin_ernie @Countryboyjvd1971

2 Likes

If you’re going to grow outdoors, then a 5 gallon pot for an auto. I guess you could bury the whole 5 gallon soft pot in the ground. I imagine it might decompose though, even if just partially. But why not try it? @Jmesser80

2 Likes