My first outdoor auto grow

I was thinking maybe trying it. I know I need to transplant them soon and want to go right into there final pot but I think they are a little young to go outdoors so It would be nice to just bitty it when it’s ready to go out.
Really I should of just put them in a bigger starter container to begin with but I figured I would have gotten a week or two out of the ones they are in currently but since they are already peaking out the bottom I got to get them out before they start
Suffering

1 Like

Yeah, pretty much all you can do. Take notes for next time! @Jmesser80

1 Like

I have used them before. Made out of peat? I got a bigger size right now and made a bunch of holes in them.

I am using them right now so I see how it goes. I plan to plant the pot and all in there finally pot. I have done it with vegetable in the garden. With excellent results

2 Likes

Wait for them to be at least 3 weeks old before you put it out and transition it to natural sun
The two with roots showing I’d get transplanted soon @Jmesser80 a three gallon may be a little small but I have one outside in one as well ran out of bigger pots lol she’ll finish when she finishes so you won’t be going all the way to fall I think you’ll be ok ?

1 Like

I’ll get them transplanted this weekend and keep them indoors under the T5. I’ll have to make a spot for them since my tent is currently filled with white widows that are trying to finish up. Still haven’t gone all milky yet and waiting for that so I can split the stems.

Anyway with the outdoor auto grow I’ll probably just put them in 5 gallon buckets with holes like I’m used to. Possibly burry a 5 gallon bucket in the ground and then put the 5 gallon bucket theubare planted in inside the burried 5 gallon bucket so they can be mobile if need be.

I just saw a post that someone asked about porch lights and outdoor grows. The consensus is that they will effect a flowering plant. Is this true with autos as well? I have a motion light that would shine on them at night where I’m planning on putting them so I’ll just turn it off if need be.

1 Like

Autos arent light sensitive. So no effect on them. @Jmesser80

Just got my soil. Going to transplant this weekend into 5 gallon buckets to let them stretch there legs a bit.

Would these type of soft grow pots be ok to use?
I went to the local grow shop Friday and forgot to pick up some smart pots. I looked around localy to find some but these are the only thing I can find that are close.
My concern would be that they seem shorter and have a bigger diameter than the smart pots. It is a 5 gallon though. If you guys think it would be ok then I’ll pick them up tomorrow. If not I’ll probably just go with 5 gallon buckets.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q71JJE4/ref=asc_df_B00Q71JJE45035055/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B00Q71JJE4&linkCode=df0&hvadid=193139379506&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1919582143590812184&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1018127&hvtargid=pla-311013945250

@bob31 @Hogmaster @Countryboyjvd1971 @Smokin_ernie

@Jmesser80 those actually have a plastic liners in them. You want something more like these

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013JM3JAI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?tag=greenrel-20

5 Likes

If I got them I would take that plastic liner out.
I couldn’t find any of that type of pot you posted, that’s the kind I was hoping I could find.

If I took the liner out you think they be ok size wise for my autos?

I need to get them transplanted tomorrow so it’s either those or 5 gallon buckets.

@Jmesser80 I’m not sure what you’d have left after the liner was removed.Looks like just burlap for the exterior. Burlap tends to decay quickly. I dunno really. I don’t think I would trust them.

other opinions welcome!

1 Like

if that is the price for 1 bag, you would be better off paying extra to over-nighting an amazon order of the other type of grow bags…

Good catch @Ron330 . I didn’t realize it was for only one… Yeah I’m thinking thats way too much for one bag @Jmesser80

Get the 5 gallon buckets. My local grocery store is selling the food grade 5 gallon buckets with the lids for $2.95

They are only $7 at the local store that has them. But I agree is they were that much I wouldn’t buy them for sure. :+1:

They are more of a tight fine burlap mesh. Not like the typical burlap bags.

I have some buckets already to go with holes, I actually already filled them up with sunshine #4, was going to transplant today but then got to thinking of those bags. What made me think of them is they are a lower profile than the 5 gallon buckets so they would be easier to hide
I suppose I could wait and order from Amazon with free 2 day shipping. I know I got to get them transplanted though the roots were poking out the bottom 3 days ago and I don’t want to hinder there growth being autoflowers.

why don’t you try a couple of them? Sometimes you gotta go with what you can put together locally @Jmesser80

I do like the grow bags. The handles make it easy to move them around!

I think I’ll check them out again in them morning before intransplant. If they look sturdy enough I’ll go for it. :+1:
Thanks for your help @bob31! You are the man.

hahaha I tend to look at things as black and white and I sometimes have to look in the mirror and remember the gray… (my hair reminds me)

It’s one of those deals where you gotta just go with one or the other or both for a side by side comparison!

Who knows maybe those are the wave of the future! @Jmesser80 and thanks brother!

I use fabric pots. They work good last grow. They can be reused. Just wash them out.

1 Like

So I went with 5 gallon buckets.
Transplanted into there final homes. A another couple weeks indoors then I’ll start introducing them to natural light.

I’ve decided to experiment and burry a 5 gallon bucket into the dirt with some rocks under the bucket. Then once these are ready to go out side I’ll just slide them into the burried bucket. That way if there is a big wind storm expected or whatnot I can take them under cover.
Here they are after transplant.

2 Likes