My first attempt at LST

GG4 from ILGM. Detroit Nutrient Company water only soil in 3 gallon fabric pots. Paper towel method for germination. Planted directly into pot after germination.Temps at 77 degrees during the day and 70-72 degrees when lights are off. Humidity is 60-70 %. 18/6 light cycle. Any tips or pointers for a new grower?

4 Likes

I have a tip, try these

Great looking beginigs! Seems you have this well in hand at the moment. Great work!

2 Likes

Should I be defoliating any? I have only removed the lowest sections of leaves and larf that wont amount to anything.

Personally I wouldn’t yet till they get a bit bigger.
Still pretty small and need the leaves at this point for photosynthesis

Are these autos ?
Just noticed it under the heading. :thinking:

2 Likes

Make sure you have a a tie down on the opposite side of the plant so you don’t take a chance of pulling it over and out of the ground. Looks great! Good luck and Keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yes these are autos. I have three in the 2x4 tent. the other two were planted about a week and a half after the first one. I planted one GG4 and one Blue Dream both from ILGM. The original Blue Dream ended up not making it. I had extra soil and fabric pots. So I planted another Blue Dream and another GG4 in case there was something wrong with the Blue Dream seeds. I would at least have two plants for my first harvest. But both plants that were planted after the original GG4 took. So now for my first grow I’m tackling 3 plants instead of 2.

3 Likes

How are your plants doing? @Grower_Not_A_Shower

Thanks for checking in pal. I think they are coming along great, of course this being my first grow I would be happy producing just about anything lol. Day 38 from sprout for middle plant (GG4 ILGM Auto). Day 30 for the outer plants. Far left (GG4 ILGM Auto). Far right (Blue Dream ILGM Auto). The two outer plants are getting their first topdressing of Gaia Green All Purpose 4-4-4, and Bloom 2-8-4. (At half dose) because the DNC water only soil is supposed to be able to carry me to harvest from bag, water only. Let me know how you think the LST is going. :love_you_gesture:t2:

4 Likes

They look smashing! You have things well in hand. Well done! Your gonna love smoking weed you grew yourslef. Its very rewarding. Excellent first attempt.

1 Like

@Grower_Not_A_Shower you just gave me hopes for my G13 autos… im going to start some LST on them in a few days. I have however started on my photos this past tuesday… this is my first attempt with it also…

3 Likes

3 Likes

What pictures are of what plants?

And also how far along are they and it looks like you topped one. At what node did you top it? The leaves also look very wet. Is that a foliar spray or is that from watering?

Thanks very much appreciated. Yeah they say the taste of all organic flower is like no other. I cannot wait to taste the fruits of my labor lol :+1:t2::love_you_gesture:t2:

2 Likes

Picture 1 and 3 are photos. Gelato and Sunset Sherbert. Those are about 8 weeks along. I had just sprayed everything down with calmag before i took the pic. The smaller 2 plants in the second pic are G-13 autos and they are 2 weeks old. I topped em all 2 days ago. The first pic i removed about 4 inches of growth from the first plant.

1 Like

Hopefully you are doing that directly prior to lights out. I would hate to see you damage your leaves due to burning because of water spots. What type of soil are you using and did you amend it at all? They look to be the proper size for their age. I personally did not top any of my autos because with the proper LST height should not become a issue for most autos. But what do I know this is my first grow in general so Ireally dont know shit haha.

Oh yea, this was done 5 min before lights out. You know us older folks are in bed by 9… :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Turned this G13 Auto on its side today. Lets see how she acts…

3 Likes

Good luck buddy :love_you_gesture:t2:

@Docnraq
Any ideas if these are issues? I top dressed with gaia green at half dose a week and a half ago on my two plants that are a week behind my middle plant. Been watering a quarter gallon every 2-3 days depending on weight of pot on all plants. The yellow tips are on my biggest plant (picture #2) and the yellowing leaves are on my only Blue Dream plant (not shown, girlfriend pulled them off before i could take picture of whole plant). My most developed GG4 plant has not shown any signs of anything and doing great. I have had some gnats get in my tent and I placed the yellow traps in there and seem to have it under control. We got alot of rain the last week and my basement gets a little bit of water so i have been using a dehumidifier to make sure my tent around 45% humidity.

2 Likes