My first attempt at LST

IMO, Nothing to worry about that I see. They look great. Your gonna have a leaf every now and then that gets sucked dry and discarded by the plant. Keep and eye on it to see if it’s spreading. Also the new growth.
Keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

Thank you, just a first time plant parent being over concerned, or just concerned enough. I have not figured that out yet :joy:. But yeah no yellowing tips on any new growth just the larger most mature fan leaves.

1 Like

They are usually the first to go as the plant matures. You’re doing wonderful! Keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

@ChittyChittyBangin how are your girls reacting to your LST?

I havent used a top dressing style nute yet but if you just gave em a dose should be good. If more yellowing comes up then you may just need to feed em a bit more. Without knowing the current ph/tds of runoff hard to say one way over another. They look good to my eyes. Normal to have leaves get yellow as she ages too, usually the bigger leaves but thats not a set in stone rule.

@Grower_Not_A_Shower

Took these yesterday… starting to flower and take off!

4 Likes

@ChittyChittyBangin In the words of @Docnraq ”they look smashing” :ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2: Keep it up

1 Like

Whats going on with my girl, any ideas guys? Feel free to tag others. I posted 5 days ago in the thread above asking opinions. And I seem to still be getting yellowing leaves. She is my only Blue Dream Auto in the tent. (6 weeks and 3 days from seed.) I top dressed with Gaia Green all purpose 444 and bloom 284 at half dose 2 weeks ago. I was scared to do a full dose because I am using “Detroit Nutrient Company Water Only” and its supposed to carry me all the way through harvest. This is my first grow so diagnosing issues is very new to me lol. Thanks guys :ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2::love_you_gesture:t2::love_you_gesture:t2:

2 Likes

Looks like you might be a little heavy on the Nitrogen if anything. That may explain the clawing and yellowing on some of the leaves. The ones you have in your hand looks like contact damage to me, maybe those leaves hit the soil at some point early on?

Don’t know much about the nutes but will see if others have.

@kaptain3d @Oldguy @MeEasy @JJ520 @Covertgrower @BobbyDigital @Borderryan22 @SilvaBack203 @Sincitytoker

:+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Im here to answer any questions to help anyone easier diagnose. Thanks in advance yall. :+1:t2::love_you_gesture:t2:

1 Like

How often are you watering?
I know this soil isn’t supposed to be watered to run off, but some out of the bottom would be okay.
Looks like excessive nitrogen, with the clawing. Not much you can do since this is water only, and the nutrients will still be in there.
Any damaged leaves can be removed. They won’t recover.
Those will be some solid nugs when you’re finished for sure! :fire::dash::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks brother! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I am watering every 2-3 days depending on what the pot weight feels like. I am watering 1 quart. This was recommended by the owner of DNC Soil when I spoke to him on the phone at the start of the grow. He also told me there is no need to PH my water. So I have not tested my PH from the start of the grow. I can at least show you the GG4 plant that is about 2 weeks ahead of the Blue Dream.
Same soil and water schedule. But no issues.

4 Likes

I know this is the instructions, but in my opinion that should be closer to a gallon, and probably more frequently. 2 days in between max. This also depends on how dry your environment is also. Everyone’s watering frequency is a little different, but in full flower, it should be almost every other day, if not every day.

4 Likes

Is it a living soil? If so, I’m not sure you’re suppose to let it dry out. I’m gonna jump onboard with some of the others with excess nitrogen.

4 Likes

This is what is in the soil, I guess it is considered a living soil. As a new grower im not educated enough to know what is and is not considered a living soil. I was drawn to the soil since this is my first grow trying to get the basics down. I am using 3 gallon fabric pots. My humidity can get up to around 48% Temp can get up to 80 degrees. During lights on

2 Likes

Living soil isn’t suppose to dry out. It’s suppose to stay moist so the micbrobes can thrive. Drying out can kill them or any beneficial fungus in the soil.

4 Likes

Ty for the tag.
Covert has you covered …
Let me tag @MeEasy he is the master top dresser grower that I know.
He should be able to give you a little insight also…
:+1::+1:
Shoot way I’m pretty stoned,just noticed he was also tagged :joy: :laughing:

3 Likes

Could it be a potential magnesium deficiency?

Beginning to see issues in new growth.

1 Like