My 1st Grow , unknown strain, on a budget, it can be done!

Ah that explains the new pistils on big sheilas top cola then! I was sat thinking eh where did you pop up from!! Do i wait for the new ones to turn brown and shrivel too before harvest??

Yes i will most defo do that and tag you, id apprieciate all the help i can get :wink: thanks @anon95385719

1 Like

That will keep happening. Foxtails can get long. Donā€™t sweat it. Just watch the other buds for when to harvest

1 Like

Awesome stuff thank you and have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your ph is fine ,dont worry about it.Plants are lookig great, as others have said now is the time for patience. It could also be a good time to take a small bud off the plant now to try as a sample for potency and effect .

2 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up :ok_hand: do the ppms have to be a certain level towards harvest also? If so how do i go about reducing them?
I thought i had all the patience in the world, turns out i dont :joy: my partner wants to harvest, iv told him not to go near my girls!!

Okaaaay so i have afew popcorn nugs on lower branches (still white pistils on) would they be ok to take off and try? Obv i will dry them before smoking :joy:

You should be flushing now with plain water , no nutrients,ph 6.5. . By all means ,if you have some smaller buds down low that are not going to be anything huge take a sample and dry it slowly.

2 Likes

Youā€™ve gotten some good advice already. Since Iā€™m using super soil I doubt Iā€™ll be flushing :slightly_smiling_face: Just keep your eyes on the tris and you can also do a staggered harvest. Take whatever is ready then do it again. You got this :+1:

1 Like

Still got a way to go they are looking great.:muscle:

1 Like

Iv been feeding ph water for awhile now as advised so my big sheilas fan leaves are turning yellow already.

Great, that will shut the parnter up, for awhile :joy:

Thank you.

1 Like

Yes, yes i have :slight_smile: thank you.

Which soil is that may i ask? I made the mistake of using MG, first timer, i was thinking of going coco for my next??

Staggered? Iv read that i need to be ninja like when harvesting, ya know sneak up on em in the dark and chop all at once! So i can just take like the tops and leave leave the rest for another week say??

Thank you again :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile: i am pleased with my girls so far, i am a proud mummy :wink:

Hi if I were you I would harvest both plants now, as you said you didnā€™t want a heavy high so a little prem is perfect. Nice work!

I used the 1/8 recipe

So far itā€™s working great for me.

Iā€™m no authority on harvesting but Iā€™ve seen where others have just cut down part of a plant where the trichs usually higher up have matured to where they want them. Then as the lower buds reach maturity they finish the harvest. It just depends on the individual plant and what type of high you want.
Iā€™ve read about the harvest at first or last light. I canā€™t say if it makes a difference or not in all honesty as I donā€™t have but one harvest with my friend under my belt. We were having tons of rain last fall so to avoid bud rot we chopped out the tops and hung them allowing the lower branches to get more air and then harvest those the next day. Both times it was done early/mid morning.

1 Like

Staggered harvests are great in that you can take the top colas that are mature and then allow the light to penetrate into the remainder of the plant to fatten up the lower buds. Its a great way to maximise your yields. The theory behind chopping them down in the dark is that during lights on all the processes that the plant goes through are happening above the ground , whereas after lights out the processes of growing come to a halt and move back to the roots. It just means there is less chemical reactions happening inside the plant during the dark period. Its only a theory but one that lots subscribe to.

2 Likes

Harvesting half the plant at a time is a good technique with larger plants. I believe harvesting during peak light hours is best as all the thc will be in the buds and not in the stalks.

1 Like

Sorry @Purestgunk but I must correct you , THC does not flow or move inside the plant from buds to roots or vise versa . THC is found in the glandular trichomes located on the surfaces of the plant. You cant make THC move from one place to another. Hanging cut material upside down on lines after harvest is done purely for conveinience only , it has no effect on Thc. Harvesting during lights on means the plant is actively photosynthesising during harvest therefore alot of chemical processes are underway. If you harvest while actively growing you will end up consuming these chemicals in your finished product. During lights out the plant is not actively photosynthesisng and more chemical processes are happening in the rootzone rather than in the foliage. I personally want to smoke the cleanest buds possible so this is a theory I believe has merit.

4 Likes

Yes, I have to agree with @mountainman1.

2 Likes

Thank you all soo much for your advice, i will be harvesting @lights off no doubt!!

so i have decided to water her today june 14th, i will let her dry out, around 3 days usually, when she is i will take the lights out and give them 2/3 days of darkness, that will take me to around the 27th and the il go in like a ninja and chopā€¦trim and hangā€¦i would let them go longer but i dont want a heavy high, more a daytime smokeā€¦

Thanks again :slight_smile:
You guys and gals are ace :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Hi there I never said anything about THC flowing inside plant to the roots? Its my opinion that harvesting during lights on is when THC will be at its peak, thereā€™s enough research to suggest I am right but it is only my opinion.:poop:

You are exactly right @Purestgunk It is your opinion

1 Like