Monk's third: three LSD and three banana kush

I use mine on very small plants like seedlings and clones

Not trying to pick any scrap with you @MrPeat, in fact I like the idea…it just need to be implemented properly

1 Like

Have you done any research on under lighting because I was always under the impression that lighting from the bottom was defeating the purpose because all the photosynthetic activity was done at the top side of the leaf the underneath where the stoma in the veins are exposed is where the plant doesn’t want like to get to that’s what I was always under the impression it was I’m going to look it up now I’ll let you know what I figure out

2 Likes

1 Like

First off leaves are transparent, so yes the top side of the leaves are the “catching side of the glove”, but small amounts call be used, especially from high power lights that have the PAR to really push into the leaf, but once again its small amounts.

This is also why I mentioned the “no lollypopping” statement above @fano_man. If you don’t lollypop your scrog, then you will have a bunch of vegetation underneath that won’t get light.

Remember this: leaves don’t always point up.

They will turn to the light, so in the right situation with the right lights, you can spend a bunch of extra money and yield a little extra bud by doing this

Here’s a bud that came off that came Australian guys home grow

5 Likes

I know what they all say

And they are correct when it comes to efficiency.

But I’m telling you, if you don’t care about efficiency…at all!..then you can do amazing things with high powered under lighting

2 Likes

These are all the same reasons I’m getting away from growing big plants in scrogs…they are nothing but eye candy for likes.

I used to be amazed by them and it inspired me too grow like that but I have cancer, I need to grow faster, so I grow smaller…faster.

If your looking to make the “Indoor Incredible Hulk Plant” (which I’m not), high powered under lighting can help do it

1 Like

Yea no…u can see I’m totally into the short veg period look what size my plants are in the right rack which just started day 1 of flower that day

I was hoping for 1 to 2 foot plants with a single maybe double triple branch but look to rack on left that was a 3 week veg they grew way to big gotta do a lot of final cleaning for week 3 leaves are growing to the size of my hand I’m 6 foot 5 I have big hands lol

1 Like

What y’all don’t see is when I leaned my big girl over, many leaves are facing down. Some of them are adjusting their growth direction on the top side. The bottom side has plenty of flowers that will be a complete waste if I dont use a bottom light.

I’m not going to waste that much flower. And I only have it on about a 2 square feet section. If I get extra buds, great. But that isn’t the only reason I am doing what I am doing. These branches need extra growth because she is that big. It’s a very dense canopy.

My grow tent is 4x4 and she stretches from one corner to the opposite corner in my tent. If it don’t work, no biggie. What do I have to lose? Just some extra cash on the power bill and I will know if it works or not for a hard fact set in stone.

I have the light power and they are pretty thin with foliage @TDubWilly do you think I should leave the 8 branch ones if there above the 50% line or should I leave everything for data sake because I have also become a firm believer in build the stalk tall and cut the plant back and restart so you are still dealing with a thick stalk and root system but that cost you time … it worked good for the mothers as I was scrogging them I was taking clones that’s y they ended up so tall but it worked out that got inch and a half trunks should be great for flowering with hut these small plants are really benefiting from off day silica watering because at such a fast rate and young age there stalks are becoming very thick… I think I’m gonna do a light defol and maybe take a few suckers off each but for the most part leave most if what’s there and compare bud size for 3 week 2 week and 1 week veg I’ve found my self ky best plant was one of my smallest plants

1 Like

Put it it from the side so others can benefit from it too so u tipped the bucket to aim her? When I was talking about bending the branches it was to move them out the way so the branches your talking about can have a chance at some light and if there close to light bend them into the light it might look ugly but she will right herself

and you wall start from an early age you want short squat plants where the tops are basically the bottoms as well dont leave any space for unlit bud when u got time to make structure like that me on the othe hand I’m going for turn around time and only way to ensure good hud fast would be grow just 1 to 3 buds and the plants got no choice it dosent have to be 1 huge bud just alot of em

2 Likes

I’ve found this to be the best plant

this was far superior and super easy to trim

1 Like

Let me make it clear that I’m not a fan of under lighting for hobbyist use or commercial use.

I’m also no a fan of side lighting.

What I am a fan of it “easiness and efficiency”

So if your asking me what I think you should do as a home/hobbyist grower, my answer would be to hang as much light above the canopy as your air conditioner/climate can handle.

1 Like

But I’m saying I was hoping for a 3 bud plant and got 10 lol I got 2500 watts of qb rspecs in flower so I dont know if I should add anymore lol maybe a 400 or 2 on the sides of I move to the last 2 feet ih have for dehumidifier prolly shouldn’t get greddy

1 Like

Are you happy with the bud size, tightness and density? If so then stick with what you got.
If your not happy, and the extra lighting won’t negatively affect your climate…then go for it

Don’t worry…my feathers are not ruffled. My GSC is a big learning curve. She was almost touching the width of the 4x4 tent and she was almost touching the lights up top.

1 Like

So far buds look great but have t had a harvest yet in this set up veg rates are through the roof and flowers are absolutely everywhere

1 Like

I’m right at the co2 level where I’m saturated light wise

wow, how about you guys get your own thread, i think they call this a hi jacking! @fano_man @TDubWilly

never mind, i started another thread, it’s called Monk’s new third. please don’t write on it, go ahead and just run with this one. @fano_man @TDubWilly

when i wake up after a night sleep and there are 26 items on my thread and none of them are mine or sent to me i think it is quite rude! @garrigan62 i looked for a way to delete this journal, but couldn’t figure it out. if you or one of the other admins could take care of that for me i would appreciate it.