Monk's third: three LSD and three banana kush

my last grow was lblue dream and i was afraid of running out of height room so i started 12/12 on them right around 30 days of veg. now that i have harvested 2 of them i am sorry i didn’t let them go another week. with this group being all smaller plants i think i will let them go to 35 or 40 days veg before i throw to 12/12. this is all conjecture as i will re-analyse as i get closer to flower time.

I just had I really stoned cool idea… make a regular plant scrog conversion tables …invent some kind of bucket that some how encapsulates the plants bucket and lays it on its side …but not letting the dirt spill out… anyway it lays the plant on its side and you can start scrogging a completely untrained plant or 2 but laying them in the sideways pot holder and it lays on the screen and a second screen comes down sandwiching the plant but I’m theory scrogging it the pot is just to the side on its side instead if right under the screen… might be better for watering as well to cuz u dojt gotta get under the net the dirt ball is to the side… @TDubWilly what do you think I bet it would would work …take an upright plant and just flip it over on its side and fastening it from there

1 Like

Banana Kush is very nice flavor, good luck and may the grow gods bless you !

2 Likes

when you lay the plant on it’s side, all the branches that used to be bottom branches would then start growing out. if you had five nodes, then you would have five main branches, but the opposite sides of those branches would not be getting light so they would be no good. going back to the phototron i would think that putting lights on the sides and putting in a bunch of them(it would make for shorter node spacing) would allow the plant to keep it’s gravity orientation.

Yea of course the things growing down will be initially the wrong ngf direction but light orientation will manipulate the plant and make anything face the light so maybe you cut the bottom branches off and super crop and place em where u want em it’s just filling the screen from the side not the middle which feels like it could be effective… I take clones from my scrog often …notnonly will those downward growing branches will turn up and come through the net but u could cull and clone em just a stoned thought lol good morning

1 Like

all three seeds popped overnight. i will leave them in the water for another day to let the tails grow out some and then plant them into solo cups.

In some forms people are already doing this, minus the part of laying it on its side (although in sure that has been done too) lol.

Sometimes people place their plants at the far end of the scrog net, instead of the middle, super crop it, then grow it all the way across the net.

I was thinking about scrogging a “one cola plant” like that to try and see how fat I could truly get that one cola

Haha so basically take off all the side branching and just keep weaving the top Branch to be one main Cola throughout the entire screen that would be funny but aren’t the side branches what make up the cola when you catch him right at the right time they turn into the bud all in one piece it’s like a bunch of mini buds make one big Cola

1 Like

I for one started scrogs at extreme sides due to the fact of 3 plants in 2 screens you get what I’m saying… just vesicle make a tote with a slot for the main stalk to slide down into and lay it in there side ways and prop it up to the level of the screen and just weave even bottom branches will easily be incorporated to side with super cropping and leave you a whole bunch of room underneath to get at things easy

Yes, you’ll have to be choosy about what you cull

It would make for a cool looking plant and a fun experiment. Should make for a really fat bud, but nowhere near maximizing your grow space

Problem solved @fano_man. A light on the bottom side will make those buds good to grow.

Be careful like that… u might want to hit from the side the plant has an option to aim its leaves at the light source …top and bottom could be confusing you dojt wanna expose stomas to light…side will give you better penetration and plants can aim leaves at the light and still protect stoma

1 Like

Side lighting a common practice

Mr. Peat I like your enthusiasm but there is more to it than that.

*you can’t lollypop at all
*you lose a ton of airflow
*the return is nowhere near the wattage used

If you wanna go big time @MrPeat then your looking to do something like this grow out of Australia

This cost allot of money and is not a beginner grow.

4 Likes

@TDubWilly That’s called Life in Prison if caught with a grow like that in Texas. I’ll pass.

1 Like

Side lighting is and can be expensive if done properly …a few strips on corners and sides of rooms but all together not the best option …properly light your floor plant and you dont need to do anything like that it cost more upfront but the return in the end is awsome no only thing can grow wrong is operator error

1 Like

Just so happens im in Texas myself, and I much like you will pass.

I don’t want any unwanted attention which keeps from putting high powered under lighting from underneath my plants.

I’m sorry but Low powered lighting underneath will yield nothing

1 Like

I don’t have a low powered light underneath.

1 Like

I’ve tried it with weaker level LEDs a couple of times

3 Likes

You have a viparspectra PAR series underneath right? I’m quite familiar with them.

That produces about .7 micromoles/ a second…it’s pretty weak

1 Like