Monk's 4th: 3 chem dog and 3 gorilla glue

i just checked the tracking thing and it will be here shortly.

got my light in today. i have to wait a couple hours for my hair to dry and the dryer for my clothes to finish before i go into town today. i am waiting with bated breath lol

1 Like

well darn, i got some bad news today. treehouse is no longer going to do it’s own “super soil”. i’m not looking forward to coming up with a solution to this and i only have about a week to come up with one.

was looking for some alternatives to my treehouse supersoil. i am seriously considering coast of maine premium soil. there were some others that were also expensive but the one that looked most interesting said that it smelled strongly and i won’t use foxfarm because of the smell it puts onto the pot. i was afraid this type would also invade the “proper” smell of the pot.

1 Like

another one i am looking at is roots organic, i am already using their buddha grow and buddha bloom

1 Like

Did you ever think there was so much to dirt before you started growing? Isn’t roots O more expensive or rather is it more than fox? Also do you have a local store to purchase it at because through the mail its ridiculous price - USUALLY. Ofcourse there’s exceptions but I wonder what you’ll.come up.with? You say “super soil” why not just a base soil at Depot and make your amends. LOL not that I would want to buy just asking…

3 Likes

because i read a bunch on here i completely understood what went into creating a good soil and why i was so happy that the local store made a supersoil. i want no part of creating my own soil because i am not growing at my house and because i don’t want to spend the money to buy all the components. i am very happy with how much i’ve learned about growing pot this past year and a half but one of my strength’s is that i know what i know and what i don’t know and i am very honest with myself on my capabilities. yes, i could come up with a soil that would work, but that is not best using my strength’s, it would be fighting to work on one of my weaknesses. part of what has made me successful in life has been that i have focused on what i have done well and tried to stay away from things i don’t do so well.

i will not buy fox farms soil. a bunch of folks use it around here and i can tell in the end product, i can taste it. i do not want to taste the soil in my pot, i want to taste the pot. i do not begrudge paying for a great soil because i know what goes into it. i know that if i tried to make a soil to use, the quality of the final product would be less than optimum. i am not rich, but i am comfortable enough that i can afford to splurge on something that will help me get to my goal, great taste and great potency of the final product. that has a lot to do with why i bought my HLG already assembled instead of buying a kit, i don’t do well building things with my hands. i am strongest when i use my brain, not my hands lol.

i am going to go out to the treehouse today and discuss with them what some options would be for using them to get what i want for my soil. there is another grow store here in town and i will go to them if i can’t get what i need at the treehouse.

3 Likes

4 days germ, 25 day seedling on gg1
4 days germ, 25 day seedling on gg2
6 days germ, 12 day seedling on gg3
6 days germ, 12 day seedling on gg4

5 days germ, 9 day seedling on cd1
5 days germ, 9 day seedling on cd2
5 days germ, 9 day seedling on cd3
6 days germ, 8 day seedling on cd4

1 Like

gg1 is now in veg stage.

gg2 should be in veg stage tomorrow.

both gg1 and gg2 are showing pale green on the outside edges of the older leaves. i suspect this is the start of a lack of nutes as they are in a lite nute seedling potting soil. if this indeed is the problem then it behooves me to get my act together and get a couple of 3 gallon cloth pots in as soon as i can. this is the first time i have had this symptom with seedlings and nothing has changed so maybe the gorilla glue just wants nutes sooner than the other strains. there is also a lot of stretch on gg1 compared to gg2 and both have had the exact same environment. has anyone seen this “pale green” around outside edge of seedlings before?

3 Likes

Good luck man. Strengths and weaknesses aside, I love the focus. You’ll figure it out… in the end you’re good at growing pot, the rest is just the means to the end man.

3 Likes

4 days germ, 25 day seedling, 1 day veg on gg1
4 days germ, 25 day seedling, 1 day veg on gg2
6 days germ, 13 day seedling on gg3
6 days germ, 13 day seedling on gg4

5 days germ, 10 day seedling on cd1
5 days germ, 10 day seedling on cd2
5 days germ, 10 day seedling on cd3
6 days germ, 9 day seedling on cd4

1 Like

i have convinced the treehouse to take care of my soil needs lol. most likely i will be using roots organics original soil. they don’t have any in right now and are having problems getting some stuff because of the corona virus.

3 Likes

…and the universe returns to a normal flow…

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sunglasses::love_you_gesture:t3:

3 Likes

4 days germ, 25 day seedling, 2 day veg on gg1
4 days germ, 25 day seedling, 2 day veg on gg2
6 days germ, 14 day seedling on gg3
6 days germ, 14 day seedling on gg4

5 days germ, 11 day seedling on cd1
5 days germ, 11 day seedling on cd2
5 days germ, 11 day seedling on cd3
6 days germ, 10 day seedling on cd4

1 Like

i have pale green of about 1/16 of an inch on all leaves of gg1 and gg2. i think it is wanting nitrogen. when i go into town today to check on the other grow i will get some terp tea grow and do a top dress to see if that fixes the problem. neither of the plants is ready for transplant into the 3 gallon pots yet, both don’t have enough roots.

2 Likes

i got a medicine bottle of terp tea grow from my other grow and brought it home so i could try to straighten out gg1 and 2’s pale green outer edge of leaf problems. i used a hemostat to poke about 1 inch holes in the soil around the plant then took out my swiss army knife and put a little of the terp tea grow in each of the holes. then gave 12 spritz’s to hopefully get it into the soil. one of the things i was anxious about was that i am using distilled water for watering my seedlings and it will be at 7.0 ph so i am not in what i thought would be proper range for the nitrogen to get into the soil and be used properly. it has been 4 or 5 hours since putting the tea in and it looks like it is having an effect already. some of the pale green on some of the leaves has turned back to the regular shade of green that we all like to see. another thing i’m anxious about is whether i put too much in but that is why i used the terp tea grow(powder form) instead of the buddha grow (liquid form). i was hoping that the powder would be less energetic in setting up the nitrogen than the liquid.

1 Like

4 days germ, 25 day seedling, 3 day veg on gg1
4 days germ, 25 day seedling, 3 day veg on gg2
6 days germ, 15 day seedling on gg3
6 days germ, 15 day seedling on gg4

5 days germ, 12 day seedling on cd1
5 days germ, 12 day seedling on cd2
5 days germ, 12 day seedling on cd3
6 days germ, 11 day seedling on cd4

1 Like

4 days germ, 25 day seedling, 4 day veg on gg1
4 days germ, 25 day seedling, 4 day veg on gg2
6 days germ, 16 day seedling on gg3
6 days germ, 16 day seedling on gg4

5 days germ, 13 day seedling on cd1
5 days germ, 13 day seedling on cd2
5 days germ, 13 day seedling on cd3
6 days germ, 12 day seedling on cd4

1 Like

it looks like i won’t be using the treehouse’s supersoil for this grow. i will be using root’s organic original soil and will be adding epsom salt, mycorrhizae, terp tea bloom and terp tea grow as additives.

2 Likes

4 days germ, 25 day seedling, 5 day veg on gg1
4 days germ, 25 day seedling, 5 day veg on gg2
6 days germ, 17 day seedling on gg3
6 days germ, 17 day seedling on gg4

5 days germ, 14 day seedling on cd1
5 days germ, 14 day seedling on cd2
5 days germ, 14 day seedling on cd3
6 days germ, 13 day seedling on cd4

1 Like