MO_Grows Autos Round 2

Plants look great :v:

1 Like

They’re lookin happy :blush: @MO_Grow417

Wow @JJ520 I didn’t realize they were doing that on foundation homes I know they’ve been doing it for years on mobile homes there was a big recall on the old grey polly back in the 90s because when you would turn on n off the water the pipe moved this caused the crimp clamps to work loose. I helped a buddy replumb entire mobile homes all paid by the manufacturer of the pipe I believe it was

2 Likes

Yeah that was the old polybutylene pipe I believe ,it was known for failures the PEX pipe is very good with stands freezing it’s usually the fittings that are the problem before this job we did a two-story apartment building next door and they used the same thing pecks and crimp fittings for everything guess the engineers love it it is a lot quicker on the install but I’m not sure on the longevity I wouldn’t want my whole house done with it @MeEasy

1 Like

I’m definitely with you on that!! :laughing: ol @MO_Grow417 is searching the underground for a leak I’m just going to guess but I’d bet it’s going to have something to do with one of those crimp clamps

1 Like

My plants have made contact with the bulb and had no ill effects. You can see the bulb behind the plants

3 Likes

Yeah once the lines exposed just turn the valve off and turn the water on should see a gusher

1 Like

I’m digging your grows brother, about all I can offer up :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Out of likes but thanks everyone. I’m having a few issues still here though. :pineapple: 2 is still not happy. Looks like possible high soil ph still. I’m going to slurry and see. I’m getting some serious saw blades on her. Any ideas. I’m getting ready to top dress them all with Earth Dust Boost.

4 Likes

Saw blades could be heat or light issue check temps if they’re not too high raise the light a little should notice a difference right away if that’s the issue✌️

2 Likes

Heat gets no higher than 78° and light is still 47” to top of pots and 42 to the top of her cola. She’s getting about 530 ppfd at about 34 moles DLI. She was the one I slurry tested at 8.1 ph, I don’t remember the exact number.

Another test on the way.

2 Likes

The leaves where a little Twisty I’ve read that could be pH related?

2 Likes

Wind can cause them to get like that to, does it sit right in front of the fan?

1 Like

No, definitely not. I try and keep the fans circulating air around and not blow directly.

Have to agree with a ph issue and possible root zone issues with all the curling. Odd to see a soil trend at 8 ph. What soil is it?

2 Likes

Technical difficulties….verifying double time on this.

1 Like

I have tested using 2 ph meters and 7.0 solution. Meters aren’t perfect but good enough to give me an idea. I will be ordering an Apera tonight. Tests came back the same. :pineapple: 2 whom appears to have the ph issue is coming in at the upper 7’s looks like she is coming down though. The other BK :banana: is around a 7 ph. I added 6.6 ph water to the slurry.

This all came about because I kept noticing what I thought was mag deficiency and so I gave epsom salt instead of checking soil ph. I had been adding concentrated potassium silicate into the water for feedings not realizing how basic it is. I checked my ph of my water for feeding randomly because the issue wasn’t going away. I had been feeding them 8.9 ph water. I sent kiss organics an email and they said the ph of AgSil should be about 6.5. Doesn’t add up. I did some research and saw a paper stating water soluble concentrated potassium silicate has a ph of 12.7. That’s more like what I’m seeing happening. So now I’m trying to bring it down. Currently I just water with what I have ph’d to a low 6.

1 Like

A slurry should be done with distilled or RO water to get the true ph of your soil.

1 Like

I used RO bottled water and tested the ph. When I tested that bottle it was a little high. Not sure if they fluctuate but I brought it down. I just really did it with same RO bottled water without adjusting ph and I got pretty close to the same result. Hopefully this is confidence it’s the soil ph. :crossed_fingers: it appears to be coming down slowly with the adjusted ph water but it will take another week and a half at this rate. At least it’s trending in the right direction. Just not sure if there is any other way to speed it up. Feed just that on water that is a 5.7 ph for a bit?

Won’t be able to pull a true PH from Ro water. It’ll bounce around all over the place. I also filter out the soil with a coffee filter so that I’m just testing the slurry solution. Soil making contact with the probe can throw off readings. Unless you have a soil probe, the glass probes are not meant for that.

Don’t feed with water out of range to try and adjust soil ph. Stick with 6.5 solution. Can go as low as 6.2 but wouldn’t go any lower.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I will pick up some distilled water tomorrow (I have some but it’s 3 years old) and coffee filters and just stick with the 6.2 I have been feeding. As far as Apera goes do I really need the .01 accuracy or is it just a better overall meter? I’ve been looking at the soil probes as well. I have a cheap one that reads 7.0 in about everything I put it in. It’s a piece of :poop:.