MO_Grows Autos Round 2

This is my second grow and my first using organic nutrients. I was introduced to Earth Dust by a well seasoned grower who produces some beautiful ladies! @MeEasy, Thank you! So here we go. All help and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Throw your ideas at me and I will try and share what little I have. Thanks for being a great community ladies and gentlemen and helping me grow some hopefully beautiful plants. Let’s get it on! Ding, Ding!!

7 Likes

First question of the day is….How many autos can I successfully fit in my 5 x 5? I’m trying to plan this grow out so I can have a good plan together now that I feel as though they have a pretty good chance of survival.

7 Likes

@MeEasy @BobbyDigital @Dr.ofSmokology @Calizona @anon33684698 @sunasun @Mark0427 @yoshi @Covertgrower @JamJam & whoever else I forgot thanks to round ones meds! Thank you all your help and sorry for who I left out!

7 Likes

Hey thanks for the tag and I’m definitely onboard for round 2!

I have a 5x5 as well and my “max” should be 7 plants (3 plants across each side as well as the back wall) but I’ve also now gotten a babies tent and have more plants than can comfortably go into the adults tent so I’m not going to like myself very much for a little while lol

5 Likes

im here and watching

3 Likes

In a 5x5 I would feel fine with at least 6 and up to 10 (but I think it’d be packed later in in flower with 10 lol) …I currently have 6 big girls started and 3 solo cups in my 5x5… although I do plan on moving 3 or 4 of them into the 4x4 once it’s flower time

4 Likes

I did 5 autos my first grow with several different training methods. The ones I Fimmed turned out best and took up less space with a more even canopy. The one I did nothing to took up,way to much space and didn’t produce as much. I did 5 gallon pots with about 3.5 gallons of soil. I was thinking I could do 6 but if I switch to 3 gallon like I have seen some people grow in, could I fit 9 or even 12? Did I take to many meds?

4 Likes

I am using 7gal bags this time…I’d say absolutely you could do that many of In smaller bags/pots…you’d almost be doing a SOG at that point tho

2 Likes

Yeah good point, it’ll depend on what training style you like to do as to how big/wide your plants get :ok_hand:

1 Like

My 5x5 right now for whatever it’s worth

2 Likes

6 in 7gal you could easily double that in 3gal I think

1 Like

This was when they were all pretty mature. There was enough room that I could sit inside the tent to take care of them and I am 6’4” 235lbs. I may not be able to get in there but I can still tend to them ok I would think. I may have to play some musical plants as well to even out the light better.

6 Likes

I would easily leave all of mine in the 5x5 under the 600rspec but it’s a bad environment for flower (high humidity that I have to take extreme measures to beat) and right next to it in the 4x4 is effortless low humidity environment due to the different light setup (600 w mh and 1000w KingLED) so thats the only reason some will move to the 4x4 later on

2 Likes

Hey @MO_Grow417 you know I’ll be watching :eyes: I’ve got my goodies RoorRip :popcorn::bubble_tea:

As for how many in your 5x5 I have 8 3 gallon pots in my 2x4 and have done 9 5 gallon pots in my 4x4. Right now I’m only doing 5 in the 4x4 (or trying anyways lol) to try something different because I wanted more space for each plant on this run. It’s a decision on what style you are planning the only thing I wouldn’t try is scrog but that’s my preference because a net ties your plants together and if there’s a problem with one it’s almost impossible to separate them, I might try it in a smaller tent

3 Likes

Consider how your going to water, going to need access or some watering system

4 Likes

Hey @MO_Grow417, thanks for the tag. I’m definitely in, look forward to watching the ladies grow.

1 Like

I figured since I am going with the Earth Dust this go round then watering would be much easier since I don’t have to measure out every nute. I have long arms so hopefully I can reach all the pots fairly easily. If I didn’t have the tent against a wall then it would make it even easier since it unzips all the way around. I will have more time to spend tending to them individually I hope. I am using an ROI E720 and hopefully that would be enough for 9. Using the master controller it bumps up to 800W. I’m not to worried about the environment. Being in the basement (walkout) gives me pretty good control over the temp and rh. Using the Sensor Push keeps a log every 10 seconds and I check it religiously, lol. Some might say I have a problem! No Scrog…noted for sure.

2 Likes

What light do you run in your 2 x 4 @MeEasy?

1 Like

I have two sf2000 one in each of my 2x4s … I wish there had been all these new light companies when I bought these, because you can get twice the light for what I spent on them nowadays

1 Like

I use a pump up weed sprayer with the tip cut off to water and with the wand n hose I can water everything pretty good, I’ll pull a couple plants out of the 4x4 at least once a week so I can get a good look at the plants in the back anyways. Plus with my bad back I pull them all out of all the tents every couple weeks it’s just easier for me to trim n train up on a table

5 Likes