Mixed up madness 4 to 6 babies with a DIY dripper system

Well i have run out of time so i am going for the x5 cob have no choice have to buy it.

Patience is a virtue my friend. Try this. Enter each light one by one into the search on this site. And check for qny grows with said lighting. If they pull what you deem fine. Go for it. If not then just be patient. Im sorry im not uber help. But there are loads of people who could better stir u in the right direction. My concern is why specifically those 3 lights?

Those are ones tht i have took intrest in because i have saw friends and other growers on you tube however i have placed my order for my vihimai 1500w cob it actual wattage around 250w from the wall which is ment to be a fair wattage. Plus its white light which is good for stealth as it looks like normal light which is a bonus and really ideal. Bare in mind that this light is an emergency buy as one of the 300w led dont sound right and i have had 3grows out of it so i cant complain. I was hoping to get my hgl 135w QB custom built light from a uk based company however they are still waiting on some parts from the states so until thy arrive i was going to use wat i had before until my new one got built but because one seems to be overheating and very loud and the other is getting louder aswell and the other half cant handle the noise so this is the reason behind this x5 cob 1500w full spectrum white light. I only have a small tent but am hoping tht with the new light i can take out other ones tht are putting out too much heat. Hopefully this does what it says which i have a good feeling about it. The warantty is great plus over and above tht if i need parts for it within 180days i get them free including shipping if after the 180days thn i only need pay shipping costs. And a 30day money back guarantee no questions asked so thinking if it doesnt work thn i get my money back or if my other light is built thn i can ship it back and get my hgl 135w QB.

1 Like

Yes and no, but for the simple answer, yes. Watts from the wall.

I would prefer the COB…

1 Like

Thanks its wat i went for anyway just now. And i think i lost one of the seeds as all 5 sprouted taproot but some reason the sweet afghani didn’t pop its head so i will leave it a couple days and see what happens however i think i will go buy a replacement seeds i want something diffrent so am off to a friends shop to get me some goodies. Oh and new seeds lol

1 Like

Well my new light is here and i must have the worst luck the things came and get this i opened it up and to my supprise these little bits of plastic starts to rattle around and thn fall out my light wow tht really got me mad. So i opened it up and there i see wats the problem is the little bracket things on the end of the drivers 3 of the brackets snapped off and one the drivers looks like its been stabbed a few time with a screwdriver or summin like tht. Any way so i cable tied then in place and thn plugged it in now its working but i seem to be running hot i mean not to hot its around 31 to 32 Celsius. Plus thy need watered aswell i notice tht wen soil drys out more the temp rises a bit more thn i like. But i think i will be ok by the morning thy be fed and now its bed for me i will be updating this all tomz with pics of my babbies .

Send that ish back! Why by a broken product. :joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

Sounds like a damaged circuit for a fan. @dbrn32 could help better than me, but I wouldn’t have even plugged it in.

Take pictures and contact manufacturer or shipper.

2 Likes

I would definitely send it back!

The drivers will be case grounded if metal, or double insulated if plastic. In either situation a driver that’s physically damaged could potentially be a hazard.

You can certainly post some pics and I’d be happy to look at them, but I don’t think that would change my feedback. I know you’re pressed for a light, but it’s definitely not worth risking potential failure in my opinion. The output voltage and current on most of them is high enough to be fatal.

1 Like

Thanks guys for all the feed back i will be getting it replaced once i have sent picutres of the damages. No matter all is well for now and will be doing the job just fine its al9t of superficial damage apart from tht everything is as should be. Anyway couple of pics of my babies

These 3 are doing great i lost one of the girl scout and the sweet afghani but thts fine i have grew 2 of these strains and they were nice for first time so 2 of thm will be my 2nd attemp at growing and the GSC will be my pride and joy am hoping tht i do a good job this time and hopefully this light gets replaced soon or i get a refund if i do thn great but see what i can get out of this grow but i am having heat problems i think i need bigger extractor fan aswell as i have way to many fans in my tent a 12, 2x6inch 1 4inch fan thn i have a 4inch extractor fan and 4inch inline fan. I have to crack open a corner in my tent am running around 33.9 been max but its normally 32.6 or lower and 23.7 min thts my lowest temp wen lights are off its 23.7 so its not a huge difference between lights on and lights off is periods. What you all think. @Sasquatch @FloridaSon @PurpNGold74 @dbrn32 @Shuggz @Firstgo @garrigan62 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Donaldj . And i will appreciate all views and help is welcome greatly.

2 Likes

They look nice. For right now I would just try to keep your rh up. Once your plants start developing, shoot for a lights on temp around 27-28c and you should be in pretty good shape with leds.

Also. Ive heard of people staggering lights on for nighttime and lights off for daytime. Just because the house temp is obviously relatively better conditioned. Colder at night. Hotter during day

Thank you both. Humidity i set at 65 & 70 for now but will go down after to 55 60 and so on wen times are right i will set thm to wat i feel is best but for now they seem to be doing great for now one is alot smaller but has more sets of leaves. I love watching the way autoflowers grow compared with reg or feminized strains. Because each strain grows totaly different. And by tht i mean tht for example i have 2 larger seedlings growing similarly as each other but has one set of leaves and the coteyledons (think thts how its spelt) and then there is my other strain were its as tall as the others yet its leaves are smaller in size alot smaller in comparison but it has 2 sets of leaves and its coteyledons i mean if it was bigger thn u could say its not long before it can be fimmed. However thats a topic for another day lol.

1 Like

Help please is this what i am am thinking and that my light is too low. ??? @dbrn32 @FloridaSon @Sasquatch @garrigan62 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Donaldj @Shuggz @VoodooKing @daz49 @elheffe702

And i have all this keeping the temp under 31 degrees Celsius but it is a 1500w thou but its ok for now but its going to get harder i think once they become bigger. I will be scrogging and LST not sure about fiming or topping al see lost 2 already so dont want to lose anymore. As we are needing to move asap so the sooner the better but al work my magic and make it work hopefully. Anyway this is a couple pics of my set up and how its running now. Ok so fingers crossed.

But i did buy a ice cooler fan. Uses normal ice and water to blow cold air and seems to have done the job however u get what you pay for i went with the less expensive model to see if its any good and i think i will invest in a better model so apart from some horrible badluck lately i hope its all up hill but only time will tell.
The fact that we have to move is really not the best plan but have no choice. So this grow may well start in one place and thn end in another. But need to wait and see.

4 Likes

I’m not sure what you’re asking? Looks ok to me.

1 Like

Was bit worried light was too low and thts why the leaves were curling a little but not sure since thy r so little still and one has little yellow tips with wat looks like crispy tips i need to find my usb micro scope. To have a good look. And av not used nutrients yet either i have put in a smart co2 bag got couple freebies so i thought i should try atleast so only time will tell since ive grew 2 of these strains P.E & S.B so i know how long they will take give or take few days here and there. Thn theres G.S.C and the seed bank / breeder is saying tht this has been designed (as i like to call it because the fact is that is exactly what has been done here and over the past how many ever years the autoflower has been created and genetically modified through crossbreading to make/create or designed in ways that shock some of the long time growers i know and in some cases didnt think or believe was possible but it is and has been proven). Some of this is opinion based and some is from actual facts that have been read or giving to me from other growers etc. So its not always spot on info but it can easily be checked up on and found out if its true or not. Sorry for the ramblings. Things are all messed up right now and am stressed out my box. The sooner i fix my housing problem the better. Where is my fairy godmother when i need thm lol.

1 Like

What style light and how far is that? Looks closer for the youth of your plants. N the heat also maybe a cause for the slight curling. Little tweaking and ull be fine

2 Likes

Yeah thts what i was thinking though i seem to be having heat spots in my tent so i have sent away for a infared temp gun so i can get a accurate reading and see whats going on i have 3 themometers being used inside my tent. different heights and areas however if its circulating properly then surely the temp is or should be the same no matter what part but its not but tht could be number of reasons the bottom of the pots never get to hot my highest reading has been 33 but not for long am always checking my temps etc unless am out for a little bit but i tend not to go to far from them just incase thy need some attension. I have added a co2 smart bag in aswell just to help. My G.S.C is ment to be extra big yeild aswell but thts only if it gets what they need but i only have the one of each strain now
Except for the S.A.D lost her aswell but never mind still have 3 which is better than none. I hope to see some nice growth over the nxt few days the P.E doesnt veg long before she started to flower S.B thy took 4 to 7 days longer thn P.E the G.S.C am not sure but some of the journals on there site is around 21days to 26 give or take and thy should all finish about 7days apart give or take a couple days S.B should take the longest so it should workout like G.S.C thn P.E and then S.B 10days after P.E. they were my first grows so it will be good to see if i get better this time round and i do have a new light supposedly 5x what i had when i grew S.B & P.E and its also a cob LED its pulling approx 250w from the wall but am not to sure if thts the case. But i should be able to findout the company i bought it from says about 250w so am thinking 230w maybe 240w but not 250w cause there 1800w is pulling around the same sothey both cant be 250w. If i knew what i needed to buy so that i can test the light and tell me its actual wattage/draw wattage. Once i know what i need to buy al get one and test the lights i have. But i now have parts aswell and can maybe build my own one day buy replacing parts for better quieter parts aswell. Also helps me see how the lights works and maybe i can build my own and save a fortune. @dbrn32 will be the one to steer me right. Once i move aswell hoping for larger place with more privacy. So fingers crossed and maybe some heavy praying that i can have this all fixed for xmas and have a good xmas…

1 Like

There’s a line of products from a company called “killawatt” I believe? Anyway, it’s a device you plug into the wall, then your equipment plugs into it. It displays the current being drawn on the circuit.

2 Likes

@dbrn32

if you look close at pic #1 You can see the tips are burnt. I’d have to say his soil is to hot to start with.

2 Likes