Minnesota legalization progress!

Recreational weed passed the House today in Minnesota.

A Senate version is close to going for a vote then I believe they will combine the bills and send to the governor who is waiting to sign it.

From discussion during the debates today, sounds like home grow will be legal around August 1, if things continue.

Shout out to my Minnesota growmies!

18 Likes

It is amazing what can happen when legislators get their head out of their …

11 Likes

Wisconsin is expected to pass medical marijuana this year. Were the red dot surrounded by recreational green. Congrats Minnesota :beers:

3 Likes

How many plants does Minnesota let you grow at home.

2 Likes

@TLC unfortunately I read a statement from Vos(Republican Assembly Speaker) they are going to “Vos said he remains steadfastly opposed to legalizing recreational marijuana and does not want to create a medical program that would be a precursor to that.” & "“We are not Illinois. We are not California. We are not Colorado,” Vos said in an interview. “We are a state that’s at best purple. And purple is not legalization of recreational marijuana.”

He stated… But cannot find the quote… That they, the Republicans are excluding Democrats from the discussion, are making sure in their legislation that they will ensure only those in “extreme” pain will have access. Having dealt with the dominant pain management centers for years… These places will not, after the opioid “epidemic”, be taking chances and prescribing to those people that don’t “fit” the legislated definition of “extreme pain”.

They are just hyping those on the edge due to the 2024 politics.

2 Likes

@TLC nice to meet you.

I am in central… Where are you about?

1 Like

That’s the way it’s been going for years in WI. I’m looking at what is the homegrown clause going to say. I think I grow better weed than dispensaries so none of that matters. My understanding Illinois doesn’t allow home grows where Michigan is genouros.

3 Likes

Central W…u 29…51

2 Likes

Congratulations Minnesota!!!

3 Likes

Minnesota will allow 8 plants, 4 of which can be flowering.

6 Likes

Congrats on movement or progression towards, baby steps for some, leaps for others.

Its progress.

3 Likes

A perfect example of a legislator I described above.

3 Likes

Woot woot! Walz said pass it over and the House did… Senate next. MN is ready, lets do this!

1 Like

Hello to my fellow Minnesotans!

2 Likes

IMG_20230426_112249

@RobS1973 thats great news brother. Sooooo jealous down here TX…lmao

Senate voted yes last night, thats two down, on to Walz! Pot prohibition is coming to an end in MN soon!
yummy

1 Like

A few of us believe our states will be the last to pass recreational. Lets go. Hurry up, dont mind being last.

Have wondered since the 70s if it would ever be legal in my lifetime.    

Tx had first ever hearing on recreational 2 days ago. Its only the first ever hearing on legalizing recreational.

2 Likes

Getting closer, home state! Soon many Minnesotans will be even nicer.

4 Likes

anticipation-rocky-horror-picture-show

Lets go Minnesota! Senate dragging their feet again lol!

1 Like