Minnesota legalization progress!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
It will get there. All my family still lives up north, and have several requests for plant assistance. Cant wait to drop some Northern Lights for the northland.

2 Likes

I 2nd that!
yummy

2 Likes

One more step closer to becoming the 23rd state to end cannabis prohibition! HF100 passed 34-32 along party lines late last night. Gov Walz, your signature is requested, Sir! We did it, MN is Ready!

4 Likes

Congrats on the passage.

2 Likes

He’ll sign, said all along he would once it got to his desk! Congratulations homeland. Lots of happy farmers today!

My wife passed in the twin cities area 1985, asthma attack. I was the area for school.

Did lots of tubing in the apple river. Funny, winter time, ice on rds, drive like crazy, summer time, 55 speed limit, 55 it was.

Did not expect the summer humidity. Loved the state.

2 Likes

Yes he is going to sign it…I found this link for info…
https://cannabis.state.mn.us/

2 Likes

Im sorry of your wife’s passing. Tubing in the rivers IS fun! but yeah, try going 72 on the interstate there and it will only lead to frustration :rofl: :rofl: I do the same thing when I go home, literally seething and bangin my head on the steering wheel when one more Buick LeSabre tucks into the left lane going 1 over the speed limit…

1 Like

Read this morning that (ATF) will not allow gun owners in Mn to get permit to grow
Cannabis because its still illegal fedrally.

Wow, this could turn out like our states abortion law snafu.

Do you need a permit to grow? That sucks. Michigan does not have get a permit grow at home…too bad, but at least you can grow. So weed and guns are a problem but not alcohol and guns… :bat: :rofl: :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Home growers in MN will not require a permit unless they want to cultivate more than 8 plants (4 can be mature). If a permit is desired, gun ownership ends for you. But yeah, still ok to mount a shotgun over the old garage or basement bar :rofl:

Last I looked at a map, Wisconsin bordered Michigan - and Michigan has a robust legal recreational market. In a " purple" state.

1 Like

While we’re at it, yay for MN, but:

Subd. 2.Home cultivation of cannabis for personal adult use.
Up to eight cannabis​ plants, with no more than four being mature, flowering plants may be grown at a single​ residence, including the curtilage or yard, without a license to cultivate cannabis issued​ under this chapter provided that cultivation takes place at the primary residence of an​ individual 21 years of age or older and in an enclosed, locked space that is not open to public​ view.

Prohibits outdoor cultivation, unless in a opaque locked greenhouse…

1 Like

I wonder if it counts if your back yard has a lockable gate. Seems like that should meet the requirements assuming your back yard is out of public view where you may need a greenhouse that you can’t see into.

“Enclosed” wouldn’t cover a fenced yard, I think. I am not a MN lawyer.

Not sure that’s correct.

https://www.leafly.com/news/industry/weed-seeds-may-be-legal-to-ship-dea-says

In 2018, Congress passed a farm bill that legalized hemp in the US. It defined “hemp” as any cannabis plant with less than 0.3% THC.

A seed has <0.3%THC (all seeds have zero THC), therefore is “hemp seed”, and legal (IANAL, YMMV, FYI, FWIW)

I think you’re right, a backyard fence won’t qualify you. Another caveat is that your grow must be out of public view. I take all as that MN does not want outdoor cultivation unless licensed.

Read an article on a store in MN that was selling seeds under this very premise… until the Dept of Ag stopped by and said “Uh, no”.
The upside is that the plans in MN are to sell both seeds and seedlings. That would be interesting. Didn’t see mention of clones, but I suspect those too.
Right now, everybody knows it’s a weird situation. When it gets brought up just exactly how can someone legally grow when they can’t get a seed, they use the tongue-in-cheek phrase “immaculate conception”. They all know the score lol

1 Like

The ATF branch in St. Paul MN released a statement reminding everybody that just cuz weed is gonna be legal in the state, it’s still Federally illegal to own firearms or ammunition if you use cannabis, that’s all.
Some doom sayers in the news are making a big point of the fact that the ATF singled out MN with this statement, and never said anything when other states did it.
My personal opinion, is that part of the bill that passed, says that Sheriffs can NOT inquire about cannabis use when applying for a CCP. This was in effort to protect MN gun rights. So it seems more like the ATF kinda felt backed in a corner, like they had to just remind everyone that it’s still illegal federally. I don’t remember any other states protecting gun rights over cannabis legalization, so they’re kind of an outlier.
I also read of one petition to the Governor to pass an executive order to ignore the Federal laws surrounding the topic, but I honestly don’t see it gaining any real traction.
I don’t really think the Feds are too far behind in at least removing it from the Schedule 1 list at least. Time will tell I guess.

1 Like

I am not sure how Minnesota will do outdoor grows, but here in Missouri a locked chain linked enclosure with a top on it (kinda like a dog kennel style thing) does qualify as a secure enclosure. And as long as “the unaided eye” cannot see what’s growing in there yer golden here. I suspect something similar will be allowed or clarified?