Menojuana (aka: A middle aged woman’s attempt at a better quality life grow)

Good morning gardeners.

Just a quick note (funny how I AM finding time to post even though I have mega oodles of things to do…obsessed? Addicted? Consumed? yes.) to say good Friday.

We are winging our way to OZ :australia: tomorrow. We had to purchase new tickets on another airline who did not feel the need to fly us through Canada (ouch, ouch, ouch moneywise) but we are going. Just picked my meal for the flight…um yuck for choices :face_vomiting: . But I am not used to free food on airlines, so I am taking advantage of it. Anyone old enough (@FreakyDeekie, @SmoknGranny) to remember when you got a meal no matter where you were flying? Yeah, doesn’t look like the food has gotten much better since those days. :canned_food:

Like I told my brother this morning, pray that we don’t end up going down over the ocean somewhere. I will take lots of pictures either of Australia in all her glory, or of the sharks :shark: as they are eating us, but GD-it I am GOING to take pictures!!! :camera_flash:

I am having separation anxiety at the moment leaving my doggos in the care of my kids, followed closely by separation anxiety of leaving the “girls” in the care of my son. He is good, but no one can care for them like I can, on both fronts. :fearful: I am discovering a very controlling side to myself.

So…have a great weekend, think of me! As I fly over each state (atl to dfw, dfw to syd) I will blow you kisses and try, TRY (not promised) but I will TRY to moon :full_moon: each of you so keep an eye to the sky!!!

Rodri

5 Likes

I grow in a 17x18 x 46 inch box and have tried several ways to increase yield. I grew SSH topped with four big cola’s. I did the last grow, strawberry kush, LST and modified Supercropping. Ended up with a 14" tall plant that had 13 cola’s on it.

Next grow I want to try scrog and see what I like best. I have seen some pretty wild yields in small spaces and regular 2x4 - 4x4 tents with scrog. Am anxious to try it. I really want to mainline a Blueberry or Gold Leaf sometime in the future.

1 Like

Have a safe and amazing trip!!

3 Likes

LOL :joy:. Once again you brightened my day. Thanks :hugs:

I’m definitely looking forward to the fabulous pics you’re going to be taking but please skip the sharks :shark:!!! You’re flights will be exhausting plus the time change, so try to sleep as much of the flights that you can. It really helped me. AND yes I remember meals, drinks and free cigarettes on flights … dang, I’m really showing my age. We even walked out to the planes :airplane: with family going and coming. Sighs
You and hubby are going to have a wonderful time and NOT going to crash. You can’t as you have doggos, family, magic gardens and all of us counting on your stories and pics. So there!!!
Mooning us huh!!! That calls for a SELFIE :rofl:
Have a great time and GB your travels!

4 Likes

Hey! I posted on this forum while schlepping around in England and Scotland in June. I’ll bet they have Internet and everything! :laughing:

3 Likes

Dang it @Myfriendis410. I hadn’t told myself that little secret!! I KNOW they have the Internets there but SHHHHHHHHHH Okay? cuz if I find out, I will spend all my time talking to you weebles!

I am currently watching my shorkie humping my Chihuahua and my Doxie humping my shorkie. All in a line, quite entertaining…gosh I am going to miss them…:stuck_out_tongue:

Off to get my last high for the next couple o’weeks :frowning: let the sleepless, pain-filled days commence!!!

4 Likes

Try counting “buds” and put your mind in a “happy place” :grin: for sleeping. Just don’t DROOL :yum::clown_face::cowboy_hat_face::rofl:

1 Like

You are doing pretty good for your first grow and I have been reading your journal on and off for the past say week? A lot to catch up on and read though.

I see that you are into the flowering stages right now and making your way back home and look forward to your next update. Good luck and safe traveling.

3 Likes

Hi all. Just a few pics of the ladies. 2 weeks since going 12/12 and now officially in flower. Did a flush before going 12/12 and 1 feed of nutes 1 week later. Did another flush yesterday so next feed I will be upping the nutes. @SmoknGranny hope you are feeling better. Change of seasons here and hayfever plays havoc with me. Hope @rodri59 is having a great holiday in my wonderful country especially after the tradgedy just before leaving. Hope everyone here is in relatively good health and happy growing all.

3 Likes

You’re ladies are looking great :+1:.
Thanks for asking how I’m doing. I’m adjusting to the fact I’m now going to have sinus issues. Dang! Every year I get older something seems to break🤣 … anyhow, I now keep a supply of antihistamines on hand.
My brother suffered with hay fever most of his life. You have my empathy with that :sneezing_face:
I’m hoping @rodri59 is having a great time down there. A shame that she couldn’t hook up with you and others.
BUT I’m sure she’s going to have a lot of “show and tell” from the flights, scenes, the growth of her gals while she’s gone and more once she gets back here😊

1 Like

That’s a good looking tent.

Would have been nice to catch up and meet @rodri59 since she was staying in Sydney for her first week. Only a 2hr drive from me. Can understand their policy here but still would have been nice to have a meet and greet. Hay fever is a bitch :sneezing_face::confounded:

3 Likes

@rodri59 I’m just getting caught back up after being out working Irma storm duty. I just wanted to take a second to offer my condolences on the passing of your mom. My prayers are with you and your family.

3 Likes

Hi everyone…just a quick note from down under! Made it one piece…weather has been great, been doing lotsa sightseeing etc. Last night we touched down in Mackay only to find we are here during a multi city concert tour of Elton John (tonight). We managed to score tickets!!! I am stoked as Ihave loved him since his early days. My mom was a huge fan too :slight_smile:

Heard from son, plants are beginning to flower! So all is right with the world.

Will write more whn Ican…Internets is foshite here…

Later gatorz

6 Likes

Miss seeing you on here @rodri59 I expect FULL plant updates when you get back! Have a safe trip! Don’t bring back any aphids! #nobugs

1 Like

That’s awesome!! Enjoy! :sunglasses:

G’day mates! You Australians have a pretty amazing country here!!Only complaint I have is this flu bug that is running rampant down here seems to have caught up with me :frowning:

I finally broke down and when into a chemist shoppe yesterday and got some good shite to help me knock it back.

Other than that the trip has been amazing. We are down in Surfers Paradise now and will be heading up to Brisbane tomorrow to fly down to Sydney for our eventual flight home.

Ihave mixed emotions about leaving. I love this country and could seem myself living here, but I miss my home and my doggies…AND cannot forget the girls, who, by-the-way, are doing exceptionally well and have started flowering!!! totally stoked about that.

and finally our view from hotel room on the Gold Coast:

Have a great day!!

8 Likes

So happy you’re enjoying Australia other than catching a bug. Looking forward to your return and updates.

Glad to hear from you! Enjoy every minute. We will all enjoy your travelogue when you get back.

1 Like

I’m glad to hear your trip is good, after the rocky start you had. :sunglasses::v::green_heart:

1 Like