Menojuana (aka: A middle aged woman’s attempt at a better quality life grow)

I am not sure if my mothers death is making me crazy, but…

I am afraid. For some ridiculous reason, I have this feeling of impending doom. Like we shouldn’t get on that airplane.

My husband is a New Zealand national. When he made the flight reservations, he found a cheaper flight that fly’s through Canada before taking off from Vancouver to Sydney. Yeah no problem with me, who cares since we won’t be leaving the areopuerto for anything. Well come to find out (maybe a sign???) American’s are free to come and go pretty much as they please in Canada, but Hubbys is not a citizen and therefore falls under some very bureaucratic BS rules and must obtain a ■■■■ in order to go from airport to airport in Canada. We will be doing nothing in this country but hanging out in the airports catching flights to get us to Sydney. So hubby discovered this little nugget of info last week purely by accident. Sent in the paper work and waited, and waited and waited. The site said that it should take no longer then a day or two to get the ■■■■ approved. Like I said, that was a week ago. He is freaking out now. We are suppose to leave in 3 days and no ■■■■ yet. There isn’t even a phone number you can call unless you live IN Canada!? WTF? I mean if you live in Canada why in effs sake do you need a ■■■■ for Canada?!

THEN he goes to the place he put his passport and its not there…? wtf. He finally found the PP but…

Now I am freaking out, what if these are signs telling us, you better not get on that plane?!?!

Seriously I think I am losing my mind. HAH.

2 Likes

We took the shorter 3 plants which were Strawberry Kush, Northern Lights and Purple Haze. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@rodri59 I really wanted to try the strawberry Kush too… you’ll have to let me know how it is… I’ve read good things about the northern lights strain. So many strains, so little time. Have to keep my tent filled you know!

2 Likes

I will let you know about the Strawberry Kush…

OMG I know, I see all these strains I want! I am getting too ambitious. But, just a little secret between you and me, I …ugh…I. ordered. some. more. seeds. :hanging head in shame: and I didn’t use this site.

I got, LSD, Sour Diesel, OG Kush, Durban Poison and Green Crack. We also got oodles of free seeds, Jack Herrer, Amnesia Haze, Blue Berry Haze and White Widow. OMG this is so addicting :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

@rodri59 I wonder if you used the same site that I used? (Not here) I know there a few sites for ordering seeds though. I’ve been looking and looking for the right seeds. But I keep telling myself I need more lights first. I might have seeds in my online cart awaiting for me to click the order button. I really would like to order some seeds from here just to be eligible for bud of the month, and to say I ordered from here. I’ve decided to go more sativa like this go around. And anything geared to migraine relief.

1 Like

Not losing your mind so much as a new awareness as an adult orphan. It’s so new and your mind and psyche are still adjusting. My parents are still living but I witnessed this when my mom lost her only sister and again when she lost her mom (her only parent). I’m sure the feeling of being afraid is connected to your new status.
That being said, I am one to feel the ‘signs’ are messages, too. :thinking::upside_down_face:
I was glad to see you check back in; was thinking about you today :heart:

2 Likes

@Covertgrower could be, could be. I did use ILGM for my first order and have been quite happy with the seeds (all but Gold Leaf, still making my mind up on that one) but ILGM didn’t have Durban Poison sooooo I had to go to a competitors site.

Son prefers sativas as well. They give him that energetic creative high. I prefer the indicas for the sleepiness.

I so hope I can enter the BOM, when the time comes, maybe October?

We watered, moved 3 plants to scrog last night and I swear they have shot up 2-3 inches since we put them in flower last weekend! I am not sure even the scrog screen is going to do anything but delay the inevitable…the inevitable being running out of head room in the grow cabinet. But we will do what we can do and hope for the best!

Let me know if you order your new seeds and what kind.

Hi everyone! @FreakyDeekie @SmoknGranny @Myfriendis410 @Hogmaster @GreenThunder (you are right, its an adjustment to being an adult orphan :frowning: @Wishingilivedina420state @ktreez420 @chewie57 @AnneBonny

6 Likes

If you haven’t grown White Widow, you should. Remarkable strain. I intend to start another one on my next grow.

2 Likes

Glad to see you popped back in. I smiled when I saw your post. I tend not to be very superstitious but I do trust my gut instincts and signs. Just be careful out there. That scrog looks great. I have not tried that yet but want to one day. The only advice I can give you all is to keep on tucking and tucking and tucking those babies!!

2 Likes

Have a safe trip @rodri59 I think @GreenThunder is on to something. Remember one day at a time. And there will be bad days, trust me. But you have to let the grieving process go through it’s motions. Soak up the scenery is Aus and know that your Mom is smiling down on you. I find since my parents passed I see them in all the small things in life. The little things that can be mundane take a new meaning when associated with a memory of a loved one. ~ AB

PS - Good luck to your husband and the arrival of the ■■■■ :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

News is not good concerning ■■■■. Trip might have to be postponed ugh. Right now, Canada sucks as far as I am concerned…

I’ll let you know how the white widow is. So far they’re pretty short. Strain depending you can have quite a bit of stretch. Durban poison is pretty tall. During the first week of flower they do kind of grow 2-3 inches a day. My Girl Scout Cookies has a lot of stretch. They looked more indica domanant, but after the first week of flower, they were definitely sativa hybrid. Make sure to tuck often on your screen. @rodri59 sorry about the ■■■■ thing.

2 Likes

Damn :rage: I’m so sorry about the ■■■■ snafu. IF it’s meant to happen now things will work out. I’m one who looks at signs also.
I had taken $$ out of future seeds fund for one of Cervantes’ books. Partner is reading it and has totally changed her mind about growing, harvest etc. {{{happy feet dancing :dancer:}}}, and the Widows are coming along nicely.
Thought of you as we passed the small greenhouse that caught on fire :fire: a few years ago and here’s what we did with it​:smiley:

2 Likes

OMG @SmoknGranny is that a chicken coop I see!?! You lucky ducky! Some day…sigh

Oh I am sooooooo happy for you that hubs is changing his mind. That will make things a whole lot easier on you!!! Good investment. Cervantes is a great guy :slight_smile: My only complaint with him is he seems to gear his books (at least the ones I have read) for those who have a big scale grow, and he waffles on and on about clones. Great but for beginners, sort of useless info initially.

Well we are going to OZ, BUT it comes at a pretty penny. Canada is useless and Air Canada does not fly international through the US, so we have had to rebook on ANOTHER airline flying to DFW and then to Sydney. Actually the times are much better…but the price…wow :angry: : and yikes :exploding_head: We are hoping to get at least a partial refund from Air Canada, but I am not going to pin any hopes on it.

I guess if the plane is going to crash, it will be crashing with us onboard… :angel:

1 Like

Yep. It’s a chicken coop :blush: And it’s my grow partner NOT hubs changing her mind. I’m still slowly talking to hubs. The majority of the eggs are donated to a local food bank but I occasionally bring home a dozen.

I’m glad the trip is back on :tada: And I think it’s what you need right now. We’ll miss you and will look forward to your return!!!

3 Likes

Well dang, guess I misread. Sorry. Maybe hubs will come around in time. But at least you and your grow partner might be on the same page now…:heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Absolutely!!! She has really changed her thinking about growing MJ now. This WAS going to be her last grow and now she’s planning for the spring! Yep re Cervantes but it was the right book for me to share with Partner.

@TxGrowman, couldn’t help but notice you were asking about scrog screens and me being me, I LOVE to show off (didn’t want to hijack the @HappyCamper s thread ) . Mine is a quick and dirty version, but it works great, cheap too! PVC pipe, and twine. The legs can be adjustable for height needs. At this stage of the game, the cheaper I can do it, the better. Scroll up a few posts and you will see a few pictures. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks. I am looking at all designs. I have two scrog’s to build one small one for my grow box and one for the 2x4x4 foot tent. :cowboy_hat_face::motorcycle:

2 Likes

Awesome! :parasol_on_ground: This one is in sons grow cabinet. We did it purely out of necessity to keep control over the height. But, I really am digging it and will likely make one for the grow closet as well. Currently we have the shorter 3 plants of the 7 in scrog and the other 4 are in the grow closet just stretching up, but I have about 7-8 feet of head space in the closet.

Anyway…the dog :dog2: was not as easy to make as the scrog screen and I recommend adopting an already existing one…:crazy_face:

3 Likes