Looking for a ph meter

There is lots of “bro” science here lol. You made me go and read my manual, and was not aware that it also gave a choice of using tap water. it really takes very little, just enough to keep the moisture, no biggie. :grinning:

1 Like

keep them in the case just set the case on its side so that they are standing upright. also on mine the cap is a PITA to get off, a little plumber’s silicone grease makes it alot easier & keeps the rubber in good shape.

1 Like

I went with Apera as well. Had some issues with the probe. Was quickly replaced by customer service rep. Would stay with Apera in the future due to their excellent customer service. Very pleased with the product. Accurate easy to calibrate.

2 Likes

The pic I posted is from the notes section on the manual that comes with it.

2 Likes

So basically I dont need the storage solution is what I’m getting from all

No, you can use the 4.0. That’s what I used with my ph20. You can store dry since it’s pretty frequently used but it does desensitize the probe so it can take longer to settle on the ph of the solution.

1 Like

yes, a little tap water or PH4 solution will do. The PH4 is what I used with the PH20 when it was the primary. What are you using for checking PPM’s?

1 Like

For now I have a crappy vivosun tds meter

1 Like

They work well. Mines going on over 2 years and no issues.

1 Like

Are you referring to the apera instrument or the vivosun tds meter @BobbyDigital

The tds meter

1 Like