Looking for a ph meter

Got my pen in the mail today!

2 Likes

Somone on one of the threads I’ve been following was saying his blue lab malfuctioned & blue lab wouldn’t cover it under warranty cuz it was purchased off amazon & amazon sez blue lab should cover it. It wasn’t me so I can’t confirm this for you, just something I saw.

1 Like

Believe that was @PharmerBob

Yes I had their continuous monitor. It stopped working completely after about 13 months. Blue lab didn’t cover the warranty and got tossed back and forth between blue lab support and amazon with no actual warranty coverage from either.

Apera

2 Likes

The guardian?

1 Like

I believe that was the one. It doesn’t do much just ph, tds, temp

1 Like

That’s a badass meter. Sucks it quit working for you.

Glad I just ordered an Apera.

4 Likes

The hm-100 is the same at a fraction of the cost @BobbyDigital

1 Like

I own three different Apera pens, all work great. As someone else here already indicated, the 60 has a replaceable tip. Haven’t had to do that, but nice to know. Also, and I can’t speak for Bluelab customer service, but the folks at Apera are first class, and I mean that. They answer questions quickly and strive to help. I am looking as I type this at a package from them that arrived yesterday. I dropped the PC60-Z case with pen inside on the floor. Thankfully it is fine but one of the locking plastic tabs on the case broke off. I emailed them and a new Free case was on its way in two days. I did have to pay shipping, $7.60. Every time I email or call I speak with a fellow named Michael Divelbiss, Just 2 cents

1 Like

Should work. Apera tech help said you could use a little of the PH4 calibration fluid for storage as well. very little I might add. I use the PH20 as a backup these days, and the cap didn’t seem to seal very well, so fluid would escape. Just a very little bit is all that’s needed to maintain moisture

Don’t lay them on their side, stand em up & they can’t leak. I keep mine in a empty tall pint jar that way it can’t fall. (probably can’t)

1 Like

Thanks guys for all the help…I’m a little confuzzled because right on the instructions it say when storing meter put a few drops tap water in the cap

@Newbiegrower251, This is what mine stated

3 Likes

yes, exactly what I said a few posts earlier. @pillsbury I tried that but prefer to keep them in their case. The PC60-Z thankfully doesn’t have that problem, maybe because it cost so much more? lol

1 Like

The 60 says it doesn’t need to be stored in the solution unless you don’t plan to use it for like a month.

I keep just a very small amount in it since it does both PH and PPM’s. Figure it can’t hurt. The whole idea is to keep a little moisture inside the cap, sort of like a dome on a germination tray. Here is what my manual says about that.

When the tester is not in use, we recommend adding one to two drops of tap water to the probe cap, and close the cap (be careful not to add too much water). This way, the pH probe’s sensitivity can be maintained and users can start using the tester right away next time.
3) Do not soak the pH electrode in purified (e.g. distilled/deionized) water for a long time, which will make the electrode response slow. If this happens, soak the pH electrode in 3M KCl solution for 3~5 hours, and then re-calibrate it before using.
4) The storage solution is 3M KCL (SKU: AI1107), and the tester kit comes with a bottle of 10mL storage solution (can be used repeatedly). If it is contaminated, replace it with a new one. Please do not use other brands’ storage solutions as they may contain other chemicals that can cause damage to the electrodes.

This is the instructions that came with my instrument

Also mentioned the factory shipping them with water

Just do that, simple

1 Like

I mean that’s what I planned on doing is following the instructions but everyone else is saying different ways of storing them just wanted to understand the difference and why