Looking for a ph meter

Looking for recommendation for a good ph meter (without spending $100 for a bluelab). I had the vivosun cheap meter but never could get it calibrated to read correctly so just didn’t care to use it.

Apera PH20
Costs is a bit but you’ll have an accurate fast reading waterproof meter that will last.

7 Likes

Look at the Apera ph20 50 ish.

3 Likes

I use the Apera also, 2 years and no problems…

2 Likes

Thanks guys! I was looking at the apera ph20 kit on amazon. Would I also need storage solution or just rinse with distilled after each use or?

1 Like

I have one & its great & yes get the storage solution. If the glass bulb dries too much the meter goes bad. Not just on this one but any of them

1 Like

I had the same question! I’m willing to spend the money on a good one, but had no idea what to get. Been hearing good things about both.

Let us know what you decide!

1 Like

Save a little get a blue lab. One thing you shouldn’t scrimp on

2 Likes

Get the kit it has 4.0 and 7.0
test fluid and get storage fluid as well (important)

3 Likes

I echo what @Audiofreak said. Keep it clean and store it in the storage solution. I love my Apera pH60.

2 Likes

Also look into the ph60 of you tend to drop stuff. The ph60 has a replaceable probe. So if it’s dropped and broken you just need to replace the probe instead of the whole meter. I have the 20 and 60, both great meters.

2 Likes

I’m looking at the 20 and 60 kit. Getting alot of recommendations for the 60 and from what I’ve found that’s only about $20 less than a bluelab. I don’t have alot to spend but also believe you get what you pay for

1 Like

Hey, I hope you don’t mind if I hop in your thread and ask a question as well… I’m in the same boat right now.

@Clinto

What do you suggest about the Blue Lab? I’ve heard different (& good) things about both that one, and the Apera. :+1:

Thanks guys.

1 Like

Welcome aboard! @Beltana we’ll get some answers together haha

1 Like

Thank you so much! That would be great! :blush:

1 Like

So I’ve decided to go with the Apera ph20. I promised myself I’d be really careful with it and if I can make it last 2years I’ll get the bluelab when my skills are more advanced

1 Like

Hi just sayin that this is a VERY important bit of kit. Get the very best you can. $100 not much really. How much would you spend on pot a month???

1 Like

You’ll be happy with it. It holds calibration really well. I may check it once a month. Most I’ve seen it drift in that time is .1. If you didn’t order the kci storage solution, put some of the 4.0 solution in your cap to store it.

2 Likes

I did get the storage solution…I’m not sure about kci?

This is what I got

1 Like

I’m not sure it’ll make a difference. I just go by manufacturers recommendations when it comes to meters.

1 Like