Let talk soil. Im new so all info is good info

So this is wat I should get then

1 Like

N hold on cause I called roots n they soil does sound good asl ok which look better root original or 707

1 Like

I think I’m figuring it out man but thanks for the help

1 Like

Soil will work and you have it so might as well use it for this grow and go coco next grow.
Coco is higher yeild but again your lighting is your limiting factor right now.

Mix it with 30% perlite though or it will be to dense.
Go with the roots original on the top 1/4 with your super soil on the bottom 3/4, but also dig the center out a bit so you can get the roots deeper in the center.
The tap root is going to drive down in the pot as soon as it can and thus you don’t want really hot soil down there to fast. That’s why the core technique is emoloyed.

As far as how big the pot should be it depends on if it’s an auto or a photo and if you think your environment is good enough to make use of a 5 gallon pot. Personally ide go 5 gallon as well.

2 Likes

Best soil out IMO. What I only use.

1 Like

Dont forget if you get coco you’ll probably need to rinse it( to remove coco peat(super fine particles)) and buffer it (to remove salts that bind to calcium and magnesium)

1 Like

Ok so are u saying use this mix on next time. Or wen I transplant now. Or are u saying fill pot up not n ix this on top.
Second u saying 1/4 of roots n then 3/4 of super soil on bottom
Or u saying 3/4 root n then 1/4 super soil.
Cause I kno it less super n more soil right just making sure causes i think I kno wat u saying

Or maybe cause im think mixing in one pot n I think u talking bout like all the soil together. Rather then how im thinking like mixing one pot each.

@GreenSnek you don’t have, buy pre washed as and buffed coco coir in a bag… Less hassle.

@Queensly
Mix it in a totes, layer it in your pot.
When I did ocean forest I did 3/4 with the top 1/4 happy frog.

It depends how super the super soil is really.
The more super soil you have the longer before you feed nutrients but your light soil should be there because until the plants 3 weeks old it doesn’t need much food.

2 Likes

Yea for like triple+the price besides its not a hard thing to do to save money(and to be 100%sure it was done properly)

2 Likes

All depends on your local stores and what that cost is to you to be honest I get 50 gallon bag for 30$ Canadian so like 15$usd.
It’s soooo much easier than washing fricking coco in my house when it’s -40c outside lol

4 Likes

I live in a us state where its not exactly ok to grow so I don’t have any specialized stores around here I got a good deal on a 16$ brick of coco that made about 15-20 gallons of coco(wet) that i just rinsed today and currently buffering can’t wait to see how well it compares to my peat blend I used during current grow coco’s pretty dang expensive in the u.s. for some reason

2 Likes

so sum like this then break it down n mix it with perlite and peat moss

1 Like

cause I could order this now n I think u said perlite and peat moss or I may b wrong on peat
N how many 5 gallon can I fill with 10 lb if anyone know. Trying write all this down in my note pad as well

1 Like

If you get a brick your probably going to have to soak and wash it and then buffer it with cal mag but they may sell bricks that you don’t have to I’m not exactly sure I buy it by the bag.

@GreenSnek it’s a great medium though you might be supprized what hardware/garden centers have or a nursery. They may be able to get it in.

@Queensly those all look the same to. Me and organic in my mind means it’s still salty with no cal mag in it.