KinSEDC's v2.1 Glue Gelato Auto Grow

thanks, man. i got them on the porch right now, couldn’t get myself to put them in bags yet and ya, am thinking who i could give these to but my guess is they’re tomato russet mites and i don’t wish this on anyone.

praying mantis would be dope. we have them here, i see em sometimes.

thanks for reminding me of the SLF100. going to add that to the russet mite “wiki”.

1 Like

Heat will eliminate them. Prolly best way to go about it. Get some water as hot as possible - 150-160 but as close to boiling as possible and soak tent in bathtub. If you could get a heater and heat the whole room that would be even better. Works for bed bugs will work for mites (if go room route take as much as you can out that might block heat source)

2 Likes

Would a steamer work? Like a portable clothes steamer?

2 Likes

hey thanks. do you know how long they can survive without plant material? i threw out every living green thing in my house, so am hoping that time will take care of any that may be remaining. the tents are in my bedroom and take up at least 50% of the floorspace plus my counterspace on top of my dresser. sterilizing that room is really not possible. interesting about soaking, hadn’t thought of that but… the logistics would be challenging.

ooh also interesting. could hit my rugs with it.

sterilizing my soil, cooking it at 200 for a half an hour. and making breakfast. an image only a grower would find normal. maybe. getting ready to drop my new seeds.

3 Likes

It should but application is going to be tricky. The idea is that at a certain point adults egg and nymphs die off (usually just 30 mins or so) but once it gets uncomfortable for them, they’re going to try to hide. It has to be that hot over the entire surface.

Just to be clear I am in no way associated with this product. Just the first thing I found to show the process of using heat to kill pests. Infrared gun is crucial to make sure you don’t have any cold spots.

3 Likes

Obviously I don’t treat for mites on the reg so just like you professionals use google a lot… I mean A LOT. Lol that being said we do have a general knowledge of life cycle, habitat, and usage of biological, cultural, chemical mechanical forms of control.

This is what I found: Adults of tomato russet mite will normally live about 3 weeks. No special stages are produced that would allow extended survival, such as an egg that can remain dormant for an extended period. However, tomato russet mites are capable of surviving for an extended time between growing seasons on various nightshade plants and on bindweed. During winter, reproduction ceases, and they are semi-dormant.
Hemp russet mite appears capable of surviving and reproducing year round on Cannabis crops grown indoors in continuous culture. However, significant questions remain about how hemp russet mites may survive outdoors between seasons. In June 2018 hemp russet mites were found on leaves of volunteer hemp growing adjacent to a shed used to dry the crop of the previous season. This suggests that some hemp russet mites may survive outdoors in Colorado under certain conditions, although it is not clear on what kinds of plants they would be sustained in the absence of live hemp.

This is why I would suggest heat. Cheapest form of control with lowest risk. If not my second option would be to use something like this

ok many thanks. yeah that article/study you quoted gave me the most hope when i first read it. and i think they should be tomato russets, not hemp. i mean… they could be hemp but given i live inner city and they only survive on hemp, not sure where i would have contracted them.

all the greenery is out of the house so these things shouldn’t be able to survive good old time. thanks for the link - good stuff. i unfortunately don’t even have enough floor space to put that heater down. this house is the size of a postage stamp. i am going to look into that gun though. but i may be able to get all the cool spots with bleach. and then take preventive steps once i get going.

oh next house is going to have an area specially designed for GROWING WEED.

2 Likes

Mine will too! I feels ya on the limited space :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

space, watering, cleaning… maaaaan… i want built in ductwork, a mini split, floor drain, tiled or cement everything, high ceilings so things can be elevated… not asking too much right??

2 Likes

Lol right!! One day… one day :grimacing:

1 Like

You’d be surprised to know what you bring into your home everyday just from the grocery store or gas station. A couple eggs stuck to a can, bag, box etc can turn a pantry into an infestation.

5 Likes

7 Likes

I’m sitting here laughing, about a minute after reading/seeing that. :joy:

3 Likes

my job is done here

4 Likes

if i’m gonna bake for 5 hours i should at least get a lasagna or sumthin out of it. all things being equal i would prefer not to sterilize my soil ever again.

2 Likes

I wonder if I could get away with modifying a cheap microwave…or, more accurately, attach a bunch of microwave parts to a cavity big enough to hold a bunch of soil. Coco, really…I was thinking of how I could sterilize it easily to reuse/start over microbially. Nah…that hurts too much right now, the thinking part lol

2 Likes

i’m sure there are better ways to do this. i’m on autopilot right now just getting through this BS so i can plop my beans into water.

microwaving regardless would be way faster, even with the smaller containers. this would also go quicker if i actually baked things and had more than 1.5 pans.

also sounds like a fantastic way to accidentally kill yourself. or end up in another dimension.

1 Like

I’m a professional!

Errr, I used to be, anyway. I think I could figure it out. Microwaves are actually very safe, because of the long wavelength.

1 Like