KinSEDC's v2.1 Glue Gelato Auto Grow

:smiley: do di doooo cleaning tentsā€¦:boom::dizzy::dizzy::woozy_face: ā€œare they gone?!?ā€

1 Like

nothing too exciting to report but this is all part of the game.

heating the tents to 115-125 for 20 minutes. my space heater only got me to 105 so i give it a boost every few minutes with a hairdryer.

3 Likes

Heyyyy, just like my porch in the summer! 12% is a bit wet for here though lol

Nuke the Fā€™ers. :+1:

3 Likes

lol wet, eh? and that just reminded me i was supposed to add humidity. dā€™oh. well. life needs water and i ainā€™ giving them any.

gonna do one more wipe down with alcohol and then seal up and let them sit for two weeks. this has to be enoughā€¦ right?

everything iā€™ve read so far says they need plant life to survive. i only have my three snake plants. iā€™ve been spraying them with nukem. i really canā€™t get rid of them. but theyā€™re on a different floor. iā€™m also going to bake the soil that i have sitting in open buckets. forgot about those.

1 Like

Weā€™re pretty blessed here, bug-wise. Iā€™m not sure, to be honest, sorry Iā€™m not more help. Why the 2 weeks wait? Once the alcohol and whatever else has evaporated, I canā€™t see anything else living in there, but I dunno. :man_shrugging:

@Sirsmokesalot is an exterminator, I believe. Sorry if thatā€™s the wrong nomenclature these days. Better than ā€œbug guyā€ I thought. Anyway, he should know.

1 Like

and i take it back, i think the snake plants gotta go again. i tried to take a microscope to them but itā€™s harder to seeā€¦ bigger leaves and these scopes are crap. iā€™m seeing translucent carcasses. i donā€™t know if theyā€™re broad mites, but :sob: :sob: :sob: but logical brain is yelling at me. i think i need another few hours to come around. it makes no sense to risk this.

1 Like

i canā€™t take a 100x microscope to every corner of the tents. from what iā€™ve read, lifespan is 3 weeks. iā€™m thinking that part is fine cuz the babies can hang in the solo cups.

boy iā€™d love to talk to someone who knew whatā€™s what with these mites because you donā€™t know what you can believe on the internets and the actual scientific papers iā€™ve read donā€™t cover exactly what weā€™re tryinā€™ to do here and iā€™m not finding great info on the eggs.

1 Like

Maybe thatā€™s the incubation time for the eggs.

1 Like

incubation time i THINK is a few days. the mites live 2-3 weeks i think. questions i have is how long can they live without any plant matter or water.

If it were me, and it may be one day, so you can hold me to this if/when it happens, but I would take that time to study and research the shit out of integrated pest management. Be proactive instead of reactive. I forget exactly how @Myfriendis410 said it, but expect, hell, plan even, to get bugs of some kind at some point. That way when it happens, youā€™re not only prepared, but already have a leg up.

3 Likes

yeah absolutely. iā€™m acting now in the info that i have, so am doing the heat and alcohol treatment as those have been the few known factors. iā€™m taking the longest theorized life span for letting them sit dormant. then moving forward iā€™m going to treat hopefully on a weekly basis based on what i know now and i what i learn in the next few weeks.

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking about setting up a ladybug habitat in my grow space, and adding predatory stuff to the media.

1 Like

This might even deserve itā€™s own thread. ā€œPredators against cannabis pestsā€ or something.

I wouldnā€™t think youā€™d have much in the way of bugs where you are, Jefe. In any event I had read several growers using ladybugs indoors and had them fly immediately into the light; killing them. Someone else recently used them and lost almost none. This implies there is a viable techniqueā€¦

As for my locale; I just plan on them being there and expect to treat. Usually only in flower as the plants seem to be robust enough that they donā€™t develop infestations until the plant is fading in flower.

3 Likes

Maybe thereā€™s a particular species thatā€™s better. Iā€™ll have to look into the specifics, but knowing me, Iā€™ll probably just dive in head first and see what works and what doesnā€™t, many pitfalls along the way :joy:

2 Likes

i think my tents are too small, theyā€™d end all over my room and my very sweet, gentle, quiet dog would lose her SH!T and probably break everything in the house trying to catch and kill them. sheā€™s ruthless with flying bugs.

and that depends on the pest. ladybugs are supposd to be great for these particular mites and there are some predatory mites. actuallyā€¦ the predatory mites be easy.

and after growing outside this summer and then this, i think i have just about every chemical known to mankind and i need a grow room just to house everything. i just need a little more common sense in application and not mixing things that will kill me.

1 Like

Arbicoā€™s got a great site and makes lots of great products. customer service knows their stuff, too.

this guy takes care of both spider mites and broad/russet mites.

1 Like

I think I mightā€™ve linked to that site before, but Iā€™ve never used them myself. Iā€™ll have to check it out. Thereā€™s a lot of good info to take in on that site!

1 Like

yeah i see something new every time iā€™m on there.

and in terms of not helpingā€¦ you canā€™t be an expert on everything but iā€™m sure youā€™re never gonna look at leaf wrinkling and yellow new growth the same again. youā€™re all over these boards and no doubt are gonna have one more tool to help others.

1 Like

Could you ā€œgiveā€ the snake plant to a friend or relative (who is not growing dank) till you get it sorted out.
Plus it would afford you some much needed time to potentially treat the Snake plants w a few different thingswithout having to get rid of them since you are fond of them ?! Just a thought.
Plus dont forget to look into that slf 100. I will find a few gnats from time to time buzzing around in the tent but have not to date had a problem beyond that.
Hope you get it sorted out for good bud. Get one (or a few) of them Praying Mantises like @imSICKkid had.

3 Likes