KBTB 420 FMđŸŽ”puff puff passđŸŽ”

Day#2 UPDATE

Gave the girls Πcup each of the following pH 6.1 solution*:
1 qt Tap
⅛ tsp Epsom
ÂŒ tsp Demeter’s

*Green Crack only got ⅛ cup

2 Likes

I especially like picture 3. It gives us a look into mad scientist Bettys world with her amazing bong workshop lol
Your little ones look amazing :wink:

2 Likes

Now you also know where I stand to smoke. That’s where it all happens, folks!

The babies appreciate the kind words.

5 Likes

Happy Anniversary! Belated. Wife and I celebrated 25yrs. Just last year. :grin::heart: I wish you both many more. :heart:

2 Likes

Hey @blackthumbbetty can I share a jam on your radio. Get really stoned first, LSD optional. Dancing madly backwards (on a sea of air) :sunglasses: classic unknown Rock :grin::sunglasses:
Captain Beyond - Dancing Madly Backwards (Montreux 1972) - YouTube

1 Like

I tried some Durban Poison from a store, today. I like it! Definitely growing it Autumn 2020.

3 Likes

Day#5
Water Day

Each plant received Œ-œ cup of the following pH 6.2 solution:
1 qt Tap
ÂŒ tsp each: Demeter’s, Persephone’s, Epsom

A few have some discoloration, plus a couple have leaves starting to twist a bit. Thinking Calcium and Magnesium deficiency, from the coco? I have been adding them to every watering in the Jiffy pots. These seedling issues are nothing new to me–I’ve never had pretty babies–but, I just learned that instead of it being what I used to think was heat or pH related, it could also be early signs of Calcium deficiency. Or Magnesium deficiency? Poop. I forget which one, now.

Also, I use lots of microbes. However, this is the first time I’m seeing this in seedling stage. Also some on top of the medium. Too many microbes? Or, is this a very good thing? I am 99.99% certain that this is the good, white, fuzzy stuff. Clearly, that .01% is bothering me, though.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t worry too much about the mold. Scrape the stuff off the top and maybe cut down on moisture a little bit. Strictly from aspect that if good stuff can colonize I would think bad stuff probably not far. I’ve never grown in coco, but I believe calcium is the typical issue. Seems kinda early to see issue like that with cots on. Any chance it’s just some water beads sitting on leaves under dome?

2 Likes

No chance of that.

I am not scraping off the mold if it’s good stuff, that’s for sure! That would be sheer lunacy, I say! Also, if it is good stuff, I don’t see bad stuff having a chance with that mycco shield in place.

I JUST watered them. Last watering was 3 days ago, at just a few tbsp. I use a big dome over the whole tray and it has ZERO condensation, nor do the leaves. Humidity staying at 65%, temps between 75-79F.

Coco can show these Calcium and Magnesium deficiencies from the start, from what I’ve read, especially using good lights and having the environment dialed in. I may not have charged it with enough, initially.

3 Likes

Could always spray it with hydrogen peroxide. Just to be safe.

1 Like

Mycorrhizae maybe? I get the same stuff
in fact, was just looking at some on the chamomile I’m attempting again:

4 Likes

Got me then. Your ph should be pretty solid, have anything that could supplement a little calcium without loading up on anything else?

2 Likes

@dbrn32

Did you read the post? I am supplementing. No nitrogen added.

@elheffe702
Yes, I add lots of microbes. I think it’s good stuff, too.

@Covertgrower I am not killing my microherd with peroxide.

I am actually extremely happy with the fuzz! I spent a lot of money the grow that microherd! I hope this bodes well!

2 Likes

I did lol, just not familiar with makeup of the two nectar bottles.

2 Likes

If you get green or otherwise, then I’d be concerned. Might not want to get down there and huff it or anything, but it’s probably just mycelium from the good guys.

3 Likes

Well let’her ride then, she’ll be alright.

3 Likes

I hunted out Calcium supplements with zero nitrogen many, many grows ago.

2 Likes

That’s my thought. And hope. No other colors or spores. In a couple days, they’re going into their final homes. I guess I’ll find out soon enough if it’s all good, right?

I am gonna let em ride, @Covertgrower! I’m feeling lucky.

3 Likes

What do you use? Mine is Bloom City
it’s 2-0-0, and has some micronutrients, too
Mg, B, Cu, Fe, Mn, and Zn, but teeny amounts. I hadn’t considered the N being an issue, since I’ve only used it with veggies so far. They love it! But cannabis, I could see too much N being an issue if trying to up the calcium, especially in coco. Could I just do the ol’ eggshell thing, a la @Budbrother?

2 Likes