Jza444's First Indoor Soil Grow

Yeah, I run out every single day. No worries.

Not a bad idea, especially for the sake of reference. I did puff on some while trimming. The flavor profile wasn’t bad, and it wasn’t too harsh. I was able to get my soil runoff down to about 150 ppm on all plants before darkness and chopping. I believe that helped a bit. My herms were harvested early, with a higher ppm soil runoff, and they definitely tasted harsher right after drying. Didn’t level out until two weeks of curing had passed, but the Cherry Pie herm eventually came out pretty good.

1 Like

Nice thing about growing in super soil is that you don’t have to feed much and the bud is always smooth smoking. My first grow I used the ff trio and didn’t flush properly. That was some harsh bud. Used super soil ever since. I’m trying my hand at living soil with the new grow. We’ll see how that goes.

2 Likes

I’m either working towards that or coco. It would be nice to get closer to 0 ppm. I’ll bet your stuff is extra smooth. I’m still okay with what I’ve got. I’ve been really meticulous about the dry and cure, had reasonably low soil ppm before harvest, and I harvested after 36 hours of darkness before most of the nutrients could get back up into the plant. For an Ocean Forest soil grow, the herb is surprisingly smooth.

But yeah, those FF nutrients can be rough, especially the powdered ones. I flushed following their schedule, but I know damn well most people aren’t flushing 15 gallons of sledgehammer through a five gallon pot, once a month. It’s a huge pain!

1 Like

Your bud is beautiful! I keep them in the dark for a couple of days before harvest as well. Helps with smoothness.

I’m all soil here. I’ve been gardening since I was a teenager. There’s something refreshing about the smell of dirt. Relaxing in fact. Another smell that makes me feel the same way is the ocean. Smelling the ocean for the first time after a long trip is calming. Maybe I’m weird but I’d have a hard time giving that connection up.

No flush is also something I enjoy as well. I’ve only flushed once over the last three years. That one time was enough for me to decide I never wanted to do it again.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve seen a lot of your buds on the site as well. Looks :fire:

Even though I’m surrounded by freshwater, it’s still very nice to occasionally get to the Pacific or Atlantic. I try to make it out to Aptos, California to visit friends or Dauphin Island, Alabama just to chill, every couple years. Yeah, Oceans are great, especially right at the surf. Negative ions are awesome on the body!

1 Like

That is some gorgeous flower! I hope it’s as tasty as it looks…

1 Like

Thanks! It smells really nice. I’m pretty thrilled. The taste is getting there, only been curing for a few days. Very interesting flavor. Tough getting any info on this strain, but it kinda tastes like roses and skunk. Only info I could find on parents, below.

-Black Rose x Purple Skunk=Blood Rose (riot)
-Sensi Star (paradise)

It’s definitely purple, tastes skunky, and kinda tastes like flowers. It’s doing the trick :+1:

I think I’m gonna lose a bit more overall weight in the cure, but I still feel like I’m gonna get a lot more than anticipated from this harvest. Thanks again for all the help.

3 Likes

I had hopes and dreams of going outside today and doing yardwork…

…but damn! Now I have to spend my entire day smoking pot, watching NFL, and eating unhealthy food until I explode. What a sham! :wink::shushing_face::face_with_hand_over_mouth::football::smile:

8 Likes

I guess it’ll give me a chance to try some Glueberry. I broke some up like I did with the Bloodstar last night. Smells like lemonberry diesel, and looks real nice on the inside. I ended up with a bunch of this between the two plants. I’m hoping I like it…

7 Likes

Beautiful frosty nuggets :+1:t2::upside_down_face::smiley:

1 Like

Thanks. It’s pretty good. I’m happy to say the taste of all my harvested smoke matches the smell. It takes a bit longer for the taste to catch up while curing, but I’ve been really careful this time around, and it has certainly shown. Ultimately though, everything I’ve grown gets me stoned. That’s pretty much my bottom line✌️

@Southerngal Also, in light of the hygrometer question on your thread, and boveda talk, I’ll give you my two cents without offending anyone, or starting an argument:

I decided to put a boveda pack into one of my GB jars immediately after drying this time around. I performed a slow 7 day dry before trimming and jarring everything. All the remaining jars are currently curing/burping without boveda packs. I can say with utmost certainty that the jar with the boveda pack does not have the same flavor profile as those curing without the packs. I wouldn’t go as far as to say the flavor profile is bad, but it is sour, and not nearly as pleasant as the bud curing without the packs. My take is this: Even with perfect drying, the point of the cure is to draw moisture from the center of the bud to the outside of the bud, to even out the RH throughout the bud, and further dry the cannabis. Then when you burp, gasses are released, and fresh air fills the chamber, also, the outer part of the bud begins to dry out again. When jarred and shut, the process starts over, until after about two weeks you reach between 58%-62% RH. At that point, I use bovedas with no consequence for the remainder of the cure. If you put the boveda pack in immediately, you are hydrating the outer bud without letting the inner bud lose moisture over time.

Below is an interesting thread on the subject. Disregard the link in the thread, as the product is sold out.

3 Likes

As stated in a previous post, the thread above is for information only. The link for the boveda sale is no longer valid.

1 Like

I should probably mention that link is sold out.

2 Likes

@Drinkslinger Fair enough. I was actually just using the thread to show someone our conv on the subject, as I’m certainly not an advocate of putting bovedas in immediately after drying.

2 Likes

I’m right there with you on that opinion.

2 Likes

Thank you @Jza444
Great info! Much appreciated :wink:

1 Like

Not certain how many people vape on here, but there are some awesome deals on vaporizers right now. I’m normally a Firefly 2/Volcano vaper, but I just picked up a new Pax 3 for $140 on their site. I think the code is CM30. That’s crazy cheap!

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. Was that price on the pax for the complete kit or device only, not much info on the site as to what comes w the kit?

1 Like

Device only. Normally they are $200 for the device. I thought it was a good deal. I had the pax 2 a couple years ago, and decided the complete kit was unnecessary. The standard unit comes with everything you need, including the concentrate lid. You really just get a couple extra screens, a half pack lid, and a cleaning tool with the deluxe kit.

I bought a couple add ons from New Vape (I used this company three years ago for after-market Pax 2 supplies). They are a pretty awesome company. I purchased a titanium screen (which is infinitely better than the one pax gives you), and a vented, adjustable oven cover. I also bought a pusher tool for cleaning. Aftermarket supplies were about $50.

2 Likes