Jza444's First Indoor Soil Grow

oh my god man… I can see your years of experience in the kitchen, that looks amazing!:drooling_face::smile::smile:

my misses just asked if your doing candied yams? and is it sweet potato with marsh mellow? :exploding_head::grimacing::lying_face:

2 Likes

Thanks. When it’s for family and friends, I’ll put in some extra effort.

Outta likes, but they are pumpkin pies. I do like sweet potato as well. I didn’t do candied yams this year :roll_eyes:.

1 Like

it looks so good man, but candied yams sounds delicious :lying_face::grimacing: you American’s sure come up with some weird stuff, I had a burger the other day in Sydney with a doughnut as a bun… and it was… good :grin:

3 Likes

Again. No likes :+1: but that sounds :drooling_face:

Yeah. I’m half Armenian, and half English/Dutch, so my cooking parameters are fairly wide open.

1 Like

Well, I made it through Thanksgiving dinner. Smoked a lot of pot today. The relatives that normally smoke, enjoyed my harvest. Those that didn’t were still cool with it. Even my conservative Uncle was okay with it. Lol. He’s a decent guy, we’ve just never seen eye to eye, politically.

I sampled the Bloodstar today for the first time. It has only been curing for two days. Still, it tasted really nice. I’m gonna say skunk, diesel, and roses. Clean high, no anxiousness, very level sativa dom. Good pot. :grin:

After checking the weight on a few jars, it appears I have lost a small amount of weight each day of the initial cure. I figured I would lose a bit, I’m just not certain how much will be lost after two weeks of curing. I decided to record weight stages for this exact purpose. Wet hanging/Dry hanging/Cured. When I started growing, my main question was: How much weed can I harvest from a certain number of average sized plants? Obviously after being part of this forum, one realizes rather quickly that there are a multitude of factors that potentially go into answering a question like that. Still, here are my numbers so far, and the estimated end results:

Glueberry alpha

1087 grams after chop, before wash
225 grams after seven days drying
~195 grams est after two weeks curing

Glueberry beta

866 grams after chop, before wash
I believe the above number should actually be much higher (~1000). Scale may have been bumped, because the GB plants were the exact same size, and the chopped weight disparity doesn’t really make sense. Considering the dry weights were also very similar after seven days on the rack, adds credence to this speculation.
205 grams after seven days drying
175 grams est after two weeks curing

Bloodstar

663 grams after chop, before wash
165 grams after seven days drying
~145 grams est after two weeks curing

If my curing estimates are correct, then I will end up with around 515 grams from the three plants, in addition to about 125 grams from the two herms. 640 grams would be the new estimate for my total harvest. I’ll post exact numbers in 12 days, so we’ll see. I want this to be as accurate as possible. Also, I’ll update the gpw, gp area, and yield per day, in about 12 days.

4 Likes

For anyone that was unfortunate enough to have to read that data sheet, here are some weed shots of the curing Bloodstar and Glueberry. The color difference between the two is awesome. The BS is a really dark crimson/purple, while the GB is really bright. Both are stacked with trichs, so I’m happy.

Yeah, yeah, you know me. I like my flash shots.

6 Likes

Nice and frosty buds! The flash really does highlight the trichomes.

1 Like

:drooling_face::drooling_face: beautiful

1 Like

@shindig153 @Southerngal Thanks. Whatever weight I happen to get after curing, I’m certain I’ll be happy. I want to make sure the data is spot on, so anyone looking for that type of info will have accurate results to go on.

3 Likes

Figured I would do a comparison between my harvest, and the dispensary Glueberry and Bloodstar smoke I purchased about a month ago. For reference, the clones I grew came from this facility’s genetics in a roundabout way, so it’s a rare chance to compare exact genetics.

Above is the Glueberry (top) and Bloodstar (bottom) from the dispensary. Below is my Glueberry and Bloodstar, side by side (and yes, it is the picture from an earlier post).

Mine isn’t trimmed as well, but I feel it looks similar. The smell is pretty much identical, but I like the smell of my Bloodstar much better.

6 Likes

It’s only been curing for three days, but I’m itching to try this Bloodstar…:fire::evergreen_tree: :dash::dash:

7 Likes

You are much more patient than me. I would have sampled it already.

2 Likes

Outa likes :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2: @Jza444! Yea I’m with
@shindig153, I would have sampled that :crazy_face::upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I can’t lie, I actually blazed a small amount the day they finished drying :shushing_face::joy:

1 Like

I mean… how can you not? :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

It’s really frosty and dank. Has a unique color as well. I’ve been pulling off bits and pieces of my three plants to check for seeds. I did have those two early harvest herms. Apparently though, nothing seems to have gotten pollinated. I have yet to find any seeds.

1 Like

I wanted my first sample to be fully cured…that didn’t last long :joy::rofl:

Being out of likes sucks
:+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

I like to sample after it drys. I think it gives me a better appreciation for the curing process. It’s much more potent.

1 Like

:+1:t2::+1:t2: :grimacing::grimacing:

2 Likes