Just another grow journal from a rookie... Wish me luck

:wink:

yes this has some beneficial fungi and the like in it so yes that is/has been happening. However, since you have begun using salt based nutes, they will eventually die off.

microbial life and salt nutes dont mix super well. That is not to say you can’t use them in tandem. Just that you will need to reapply the microbial life (via compost tea or some kind of water in like AZOS and MYCOS or Rel Growers Recharge) every few weeks to keep it doing what it does. you will get alot more out of microlife when doing full organic runs but I cant confirm or deny that info yet because Im in the process of discovery on that one…so far its living soil 5 to salt nutes 3. my ladies look happy AF in this soil!

I wouldnt be either. ph is most important number to watch when testing runoff. doesnt matter how much nutrient is in there if the PH is too low or too high, she couldnt eat it anyways.

indeed she does.

greetings!! hope your day is going well. :grinning:

2 Likes

If there is still a chance to saved the microbial life and go completely organic on this one? Or just continue with what I’m doing since I been feeding her since her childhood. And if I want to go the organic route I can restart all over again with new soil. When this grow is done. That was my intention in the 1st place. But just got the soil and did not get the seed starter cause I did not read well. I though it was going to be all dandy. Until the 1st one did not grew past a seedling and this one I feed since the 1st leaves popped up.

I wouldn’t, but that doesn’t mean you can’t. instead, what I would do is, every few weeks make a compost tea using the organic soil, a single gallon jug and A small aquarium air pump and stone, and continue on as you have been.

had a couple people tell me not to reuse soil that has had salt nutes used on it.

as for your next run Id totally suggest doing a super soil run. im loving it! I dont know anything about the soil you have prolly works great for that though. I still recommend using FFOF as your base potting soil and adding the compost soil to that.

2 Likes

I like this idea. Enough nutes in floor to start and the compost will continue the job ?

1 Like

Finally tomorrow I get the ph up oh down plus a new fan for inside the tent.

Because the only fan I been using is this little camping one and so far been doing good. I keep my tent a bit open to control the heat. Is currently 77 f in there

But this small fan I guess is doing it’s thing.

1 Like

super soil is just mixed that way, at least the stuff Im using is. you mix it about 1lb for every 5 gallons of soil. fill the pot 1/3 of the way up and then mix in that LB of compost then fill the rest of the pot with potting soil no compost. again I dont know anything about the soil you have but this is how the living soil Im using works.

1 Like

this is a good temp, even a lil chilly. could let it run up into the 80’s if you wanted
i use a small desk fan I took the stand off and hooked a ratchet strap to it. i went with a small tower fan in my 3x3.

1 Like

I will continue to use OF from now on. And do the compost thing for my next grow. I got three plants on this one. Need to start thinking about a bigger grow room. I got all these unused office space at home. That is no longer in use. Well. Now it is.

I can make this work and do a freaking forest in this room. Just need to get rid of all this crap.

@GreggT look at all the space I got.

3 Likes

It be most of the time between 77 and 81. And I keep humidity in the low 40s. Since when the lights are off humidifier goes off and humidity stays in the 40s during the dark time too. So I think that is a good way to go.

If you dont have anywhere to put that stuff, rearrange it to one wall.

1 Like

@rvf239 here is my grown journal for another strain. Cuba libre.

Greetings all. Got a new fan for the tent and using the small one to extract the inside air from one of the tent holes on the top. I been experiencing heat problems inside the tent. Door always was half way open. Trying now with this new set up to see how it goes in there. Tent door is close now. Giving it some time to see how it does. Here is the new fan attached to one of the pipes inside tent.

The other small one is serving a different purpose. Using it to get air out of tent now.

Also got a fan on the outside pumping fresh air in. From the side of tent.

When I checked again after having tent closed for a while. Temp was 82F. Humidity right at 40%.
Looks like it’s working.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with that. As you move into flowering your prolly gonna want at least a 4 inch inline fan. You got the right idea though, looking good!

1 Like

Ppm came out 986. Water went in ph of 6.8. Came out 6.0. Food tomorrow or bring that ppm lower ?

1 Like

since you are everyday water, I would water again next. Also know that as an option you can water untill you get runoff, test that runoff, and if feeding needs done turn right around and pour in a feed. some folks will do this every watering and decide from the runoff what is what and go from there. This differs from overwatering. overwatering is repeatedly not allowing the soil to dry properly before watering again. that being said you could run 500 gallons of water through your soil in a single sitting if you wanted or needed too. however if you pour half a gallon into your pot on monday and then do the same again on tues, thats an overwater

1 Like

Perfect. After water tomorrow depending on number. I feed some. Don’t think she is using much nitrogen anymore. Have not depleted from leaves one bit and still a strong green colour. If feeding is needed tomorrow. Must likely will be. Going to hit her with just open sesame.

1 Like

you mean beasty blooms yeah?

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: exactly what I meant to say. Thanks brother. You know me already. :rofl:

1 Like

2 Likes

When I 1st started. I thought. What can go wrong. Just a light and water and that’s it. A week into the grow I realize it was not going to be that way. :grinning: here is the cabinet growing as more stuff is needed. And this is just the beginning.

2 Likes