Just another grow journal from a rookie... Wish me luck

My medicines food pantry.

2 Likes

Next ones I’m getting are those in the middle of your cabinet, to use in conjunction with the ones I have.

1 Like

I like FF nutes just fine. They have been good to me.
If you are gonna commit to FF for a while I recommend getting a gallon of big bloom. You go through it faster vs the the other 2.

Also get some measuring tools.

2 Likes

Also will need a gallon of ph down. That little bottle won’t do.

1 Like

Using RO I used more ph up, using tap I use more ph down however, I am using like 4 drops per gallon ph down, and used sometimes 4 or more tsp ph up when mixing a few gals nutes with RO.

1 Like

@Docnraq greetings brother. I’m thinking about switching my water to Poland spring. Since like the ph is at the middle point and I don’t have to be adding stuff to lower ph or up ph. Less time worrying about that stuff. What do you think about that ?

1 Like

Get a bottle of it and test it with TDS and PH pen.

As for my thoughts. Spring water is good as long as you have resonably priced source, Id say go for it. When plants get big they drink more, like a gallon or more every couple days even. If your paying 1.50 a gallon thats gonna get expensive quickly.

It will need to have a minimum of 300ppm tds

@GreggT @OGIncognito @Fieldofdreams @Docnraq greetings. Anybody have a answer for this. What’s going on ?

2 Likes

I see phosphorus deficiency by this chart.

1 Like

When I see leaf symptoms I go to my run off numbers. PH out of range will prevent nutrient absorption. What were the last run off PH and PPMS :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

@OGIncognito i got to feed water now. Let me run a test. And I get back as soon as possible.

1 Like

@OGIncognito ph 5.77. Ppm 970. Runoff almost clean

I did not fed the last four days because ppm kept coming out at 1000. I think that’s the reason. And this soil is organic.

1 Like

After that watering. I feed to a 860 ppm. Check runoff again and came out 811. Ph as usual 5.8

1 Like

Is this straight soil or a mix? PH is low and out of range for soil. Its perfect for coco though. Macro and micro nutrients are best absorbed at 6.3-6.8 and with your run off PH at 5.8, there’s a few deficiencies…phosphorus, potassium and calcium as the main 3 I see from the leaves :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

This is straight organic soil. The soil is buffering the ph. It goes in 6.8 to 7. I got a low number after feeding today. Going to feed more tomorrow. Until that deficiency is controlled. She was ok. I just stopped feeding her because of the ppm runoff constantly at 1k for four days after water. Them I feed today and it come out below 1000. Weird but true.

1 Like

Remember soil likes a wet to dry cycle, tomorrow will be too soon to feed again :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

She is dry everyday. She drinks it all.

I found this online. And it makes sense. Because of the fungi and bacteria in soil. Because I started with organic soil. This is about the ph coming out low.
I found this.
Low runoff pH usually comes from 3 things. One is microbial growth in the substrate. This growth can come from beneficial bacteria and fungi as well as serious problems like root diseases. If your plants don’t look healthy, have poor drainage or are over-watered, root diseases could be the problem and proper fixes should be implemented quickly.

The second reason for low pH is your plants are favoring cations over anions. Cations are positively charged elements in your nutrient solution and Calcium and Potassium are the major ones. If your low pH is caused by absorption, increasing Nitrogen (Grow) can help with increasing the pH of the root zone.

1 Like

I think what I should do, is. Don’t lower the PH in water going in. Because it will go low anyways with bacteria on soil. Leave it at the 7.3. And go from there. The deficiencies I believe have started when I started lowering the ph to 6.8 before watering. But I can be wrong. But these is the first time is showing deficiencies.

1 Like