Just another grow journal from a rookie... Wish me luck

Indoor grow. 3 by 2 1/2 tent…
Strain-Cuba Libre
11 days old seedling.
Soil: Organic. Espoma. potting mix soil.
Cons. No nutrients to start a healthy grow on that soil. forgot to buy a starter kit. added some nutrients on my own.
Nutrients-Fox Farm cultivation nation.
Light-1000W Giixer… 18/6 light schedule…
Small pot 1.5 gallon. Need space for another plant on a 3 gallon pot adjacent to it.

This is the second try at a indoor grow this year. The 1st one two weeks ago, did not go as expected. I believe the soil had nothing to give this poor seedling. Take a look a it…

It was a bit overwatered too. But the seedling got stunned and no grow in three weeks. and it started getting yellow. That prompted me to try to add nutrients to the next grow. The stunned seedling was not worth waiting for it to recover, i decided to take seedling off and start again with another one. Now this is the new seed after 10 days…

This is a 11 day old seedling . the old one above was 23 days old. This one i added less water and the soil have a bit of a soluble fertilizer made by fox farm. Cultivation nation.

The new grow seems to have responded well to this different method i tried. Once this current set of leaves finish growing i will feed it a bit more. Thank you for reading this. Any help is welcome. Looking forward to this one very much and all the info i can gather in this great forum … Thank you all . and Happy Holidays !!!

6 Likes

Good luck and welcome to the group.

Just remember, the seedling is trying to establish root structure. Dont water directly. Water about 3" away from the plant in a circle around her. Make her roots find the water. Just my 2 cents.

3 Likes

So seedlings never need nutrients as long as they still have their little round “seed leafs”.
It’s basically the rounds leafs job to jump start it.
They have everything they need at first.

My guess is the over watering stressed it by slowing or possibly damaging the tiny roots causing it to turn pale, feeding it or any more water would make things worse. It’s pretty easy to drown them when they are little :disappointed:

4 Likes

I believe the overwatering cause the major issue. This new one have less water. And keeping the humidity much higher than previous one. Currently at 58rh.

3 Likes

I still struggle sometimes with seedlings :disappointed:
I kinda count on 1-2 out if ever 10 I will over water :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Trust me. I feel like the thing is going to starve. Got to learn not to worry too much. :smiley:

1 Like

Think about a human baby how little they actually eat at first. Its tiny amounts compared to a school kid or a teenager :sweat_smile: plants same way :grin:

2 Likes

I would mist the inside of a solo cup, water bottle cut in 1/2 anything to dome the seedling and not water for 3-4 days. Remove the dome daily for some fresh air and if needed mist the inside. It will absorb the moisture from the dome through the leaves. Just my 2 cents :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

All good advice above. I’ll also add that you need to lower light to reduce stretching and look into adding more light for flower as that light is insufficient. Get a dome on it too right away. Then mist the dome instead of soil watering.

• New Upgrades: Compare with the traditional 1000 watt grow lamps, this new Dual-Chips 10w led lights is bigger, brighter and efficient, but consuming only 110 watts.*
2 Likes

I actually have a humidifier in the tent. Keeping the humidity around the 60% mark constantly. The less watering is helping the second grow and also sprouted a wedding cheese cake strain next to it on another pot. Less water. The soil is a bit hot and the cotyledon are a bit damage. But still growing.

A bit of damage on that cotyledon

This is my growing tent. The other light is a 20 watt full spectrum as a extra light.

i

1 Like

Good luck! Let’s GrOw!!

1 Like

That information would have saved me stress on my first run. This time, when nothing was growing or changing much, I was patient because I knew why this was happening. Knowing why something is happening is key. Stick around. These people know their craft. Welcome.

2 Likes

Thanks all for the great advice. This is her, today. 12th day.

8 Likes

She’s very healthy

2 Likes

Two weeks, today.

5 Likes

Looking happy and healthy Growmie :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Looking textbook perfect from here

1 Like

This is her today. Any suggestion to the leave drop. Or is normal ?

1 Like

A little side view of this beauty on her16th day.

4 Likes