Just another grow journal from a rookie... Wish me luck

No idea what you mean.

The EC in the ppm reader? I never really used it. Just do ppm.

All ppm meters read the EC then convert that reading using one of the multipliers of .50 or .64 or .70 to obtain the ppm. So it can be a huge difference if you are not using the same scale as the nutrient manufacturer.
When possible I just use EC it makes life simpler.

This?

I only use the ppm one.

1 Like

@Ickey i have no idea how to get that information. The reader don’t show any of that. Quite honestly. I have no idea.

@Ickey for instance. On the ppm reading, the water I used is 226. On EC is 452

What number you use for water only days when using EC.
And what number for solution when feeding using EC. For instance. I feed to a 860 ppm.
And water only days I make sure is betweeen 300 and 350.

This is my feeding product. Cultivation nation two parts. None of the other stuff except cal mag. And the other trio of open sesame beastie blooms and chaching.

OK that would be using a .50 multiplier.
@Docnraq does FF use a this multiplier for their feeding schedules?

1 Like

OK your nutrients are on a .70 scale and your meter is on a .50 scale. See if you can do a set up your meter to the .70 scale. Of course if not you can use the chart that I just posted to make the corrections.

I just looked at the chart again, and this explains a lot. By using the wrong ppm scale you were over feeding. Start going in at the correct amount, and you will be able to feed more consistently and continuously.

1 Like

@Ickey but one thing I was doing. I don’t follow that feeding chart. I make feeds to 860. . Or to what number should I put the ppm if that is the case that I’m over feeding. like 700 ?

By your nutrient schedule a ppm of 840 would be an EC of 1.2. Use the far left numbers on the chart and match your meters EC. Then use the far right hand numbers to get the ppm numbers that FF uses.
If was you I would use the full nutrient schedule, and deal with the extra flushing required.
After this grow you may want to give Jacks some consideration, it will make your life a lot more stress free.

1 Like

Not that I am aware of. Ive never converted I just go by tds

1 Like

@Ickey Yes. Will definitely jump to jack or mills after this.

1 Like

Marpe is Kosher Nutes and Jackie is Jacks. I like Kosher nutes over Jacks. Kosher is even easier then Jacks to measure, only two parts and 3 grams of each. Done and done. They are both hella cheap too. Kosher is pretty cheap too. There isnt a whole lot different between the two.

2 Likes

PPM aside, you’re adding only part two of the cultivation nation in the nutrient mix up? @Randyrican

1 Like

I’m suggesting you should continue to add some of part one for the additional nitrogen, but calcium and magnesium supplements will add nitrogen also. It’s about balance between the two.

2 Likes

My cal mag is a 1-0-0. Part two flower has 4-35-26

After a flush today to reset everything. I’m going to move forward with that combination. And forgo the veggie. Even tho it can also be sprinkled on soil.

1 Like

Sorry; been down with the stomach flu.

Spray down plants and pay attention to undersides of leaves and top soil/media layer. Wait five days then re-apply. You may want to continue until harvest. Plan on doing a bud wash in peroxide at harvest.

1 Like

Feel better soon brother.

1 Like