Just another grow journal from a rookie... Wish me luck

They can also hitchhike on your clothing and shoes which is more likely.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 Greetings. I just got a bottle of Cp Jack dead bug. I spray tent today with %3 peroxide. All the walls and outside too. I got two remaining plants in there. One is in her 3rd week of flowering. The other one is in her 10th week of flowering. I got the ready to use jack dead big bottle. How do I apply to both plants? . I appreciate the help.

1 Like

Some nugs on there!!

1 Like

@Covertgrower Greetings brother. After consulting with @Docnraq. I was told to come to you. I have a little issue here. This plant is 7 weeks old Godzilla cookies auto. Flowering for three weeks. She started with a dot deficiency. Believing it was cal-mag. I gave her some cal mag. Yesterday I fed her. Today the leaves with the little deficiency showed up like this.

Rest of plant is doing fine. But it seems like that is happening to the older bigger leaves.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

@Randyrican, the purple blotches and stems makes me lean towards this. I am not very good at identifying deficiencies. That is why I like to run Jacks or Mills, and I do not have to worry about deficiencies as long as ph is correct.

Here are more possibilities to explore.

@Randyrican, Also here is a reply that I received from Mills, when I emailed them with a question about adding cal/mag to my RO water. The part about deficiency progression has helped me a lot. Here is the quote from Mills.

“With Mills, Basis A has calcium and Basis B has magnesium, so adding additional calcium or magnesium shouldn’t be necessary, even if you’re using RO water and/or growing in coco.
Since the nutrients are already in balance, if you do start seeing signs of calcium or magnesium deficiencies (or the plant just starts to look a little hungry overall), we recommend just raising the Basis A&B (in equal amounts) by a few ml/gal while keeping everything else as-is instead of adding a calmag additive.
This is because we find that usually what happens is that plants tend to show signs of a calcium or magnesium deficiency before other deficiencies. So if you use CalMag, you treat the calcium deficiency, but are more likely to see other deficiencies start to pop up. So what happens is you end up playing whack-a-mole going from one deficiency to the next, when really they just need a little more of everything. Because of this, we recommend adjusting the Basis A&B as necessary to keep them dialed in instead of calmag.
Hope this helps, if you have any other questions, just let me know.”

1 Like

There’s a lot of things going on here, but to get a better understanding, what nutrients and additives have been using…
Ph of run off, soil or coco, frequency of watering, and how much.

Ickey has valid points, she does seem to be lacking what looks like a bit of all the nutrients, to excess earlier.
Looking at your plants it appears you over fed, then under fed, and you’re trying to find balance.

2 Likes

Edited above comments while you were responding.

1 Like

Greetings.

She is Godzilla cookies auto. From herbies.
Growing in fox farm ocean forest soil. She is 7 weeks old. And flowering for 3 weeks.
I’m using cultivation nation two part. Recently changed to flower version. The ph and ppm have been monitored. PH runoff’s have been very acurate with each other. Last one was 6.58. Pm after a feed of 891. Came out 1370. I up the ppm for nutrients after talking to @Docnraq. But she been showing this particular thing for the last two weeks. But I found some info online and one of the images looks very familiar like mines.

Very similar to mines. Take a look.

The plant seems healthy. And have regained some green. But I see a two tone variation here.

This particular leave seems to have the tip very green.

This is the whole plant.

1 Like

I was feeding once a week to avoid over doing it. Like I did my previous plants. But once she hit the flowering I’m her second week I started seeing dots on leaves. Then the same leave will yellow and look terrible. Now I see the same situation but less.

But I’m also believing about that problem with the genetics as well. But I ain’t no expert. But looks so similar

1 Like

@Randyrican, variegation looks like this. It does not stay contained to the leaf margins.

3 Likes

@Ickey

And this one ? Looks very similar.

1 Like

1 Like

They look different to me, but this why I don’t like to reply to deficiencies very complicated. I am still leaning towards deficiencies. Looks more like stage 2 or early stage 3 of this. The way that some deficiencies progress can make them a challenge to diagnose.
Variegation like in my pictures is harmless unless it runs rampant, and takes over the plant.

This is how often you’re feeding, how often in between feeding are you only watering. How much run off are getting from each watering, and feeding?
I agree with @Ickey in your case that it is not leaf variegation.

1 Like

If you think they turning back to healthy color. You may want to stay your course. It is my experience that it will take a flowering plant about four times longer to recover color, than a plant in veg. And they do appear a little two tone as the green returns from the stems outwards.

1 Like

She drinks everyday. And always get a good runoff. More than 20% for sure

I did notice that. I just gave her some water. Waiting for her will get a runoff nUmber soon. Will let ya know now.

@Ickey @Covertgrower
After watering today.

This is a record of the last four days. She was fed back to back days on the 23rd and 24th. Also she was given cal mag.

1 Like

I would keep on feeding it. If you deduct your tap water’s ppm from that 1400 ppm, you are only at about 1050 ppm. Which scale multiply of the EC do you use .50?