Journal 2: Upgraded Setup

What’s cal mag ratio for buffering coco? If there is one

So 3 plants got watered and the Granny Skunk got fed today. It seems like the GS will now be switched to a f/w schedule like the rest due to the TDS runoff numbers for tonight. Based on the data below here’s the plan:
-All 4 plants will be on a f/w schedule
-All of them will be f/w everyday except for the GS She’ll be left to dry for a day or 2 before the next f/w

White Caviar
WC
Cherry Noir
CN
Munson
Munson
Granny Skunk
GS

6 Likes

@ashhhh they are looking amazing bro keep on the great growing

1 Like

@Dagao22 Thank you thank you! I appreciate your kind words.

1 Like

Well you wont be buffering anything with Cal Mag, buffering is a PH thing. As for how much to use per feeding or to do a straight watering, just follow the measuring instructions per liter or gallon on the container. Im in Canada and most if our measurements are metric. The only things you should really be aware of is typically CalMag also contains Nitrogen… not all formulations but most. The other is, when mixing with bottled nutrients, CalMag is normally mixed first and then the other ferts. And finally, all solutions get Ph’d and corrected just before application. Do not ph your water then add fertilizer… its not correct.

3 Likes

Ash-
I have read a LOT of journals and just wanted to say that your journal looks more like an instructional kind of thing. Great growing, and great presentation!

3 Likes

damn you find all the good stuff!! Im still looking for something like those shoe racks! My back is starting to bother me when i bend down to water as it takes quite awhile to siphon all the excess water out…

/edit i cleared space and added a stool yesterday, hopefully that helps.

1 Like

@patchman Thank you very much. I am trying to make it very easy to read and understand my numbers and show people what to take away from data and do with it, thats why I like to explain what I will do based on the numbers I get.

Appreciate you checking my journal and glad you’re enjoying it.

@BigHuff2316 I feel you man. Did you try looking on Amazon or your local dollar store?

4 Likes

Some use a cheap small shop vac =p

This is another reason autopots are amazing no runoff

1 Like

hmmm, ya know, I never thought of that. Ive been using a turkey baster, takes a few mins…LOL. I think you may have just made my life better.

i did, i cant find exactly what im looking for. Basically. Those racks you have are exactly what im looking for. I did find some wire ones that are about 6 inches high, but i only found 3…I may not need them now that Nicky advised me

@ashhhh So what did you figure for the lights? I have mine at 220…and 24 inches…the two plants on right taco and the lefts don’t. I need to bring em up a lil. I think im gonna buy a par meter and then return it if possible. Ill take some readings if interested. Itd be nice to the Par at a certain wattage at a certain distance. I would imagine mine would be identical to yours.

1 Like

Don’t buy a par metee unless your going to keep it.

Just google lux to PPFD converter, if your using hlg they have their own on their website.
You can then punch that into a DLI converter.

The thing is your VPD should be in sync if your going to push your plants with heavy lights also your plants need to be exhausting that oxygen rich air out of the environment so they don’t keep re breathing it because if you just circulate your air in your basement let’s say then they are struggling to breath because they sucked all the co2 out of the air.

4 Likes

@BigHuff2316 Lights are now at 156.7w and 21-22 inches away. I think we are using the same kit yeah , 260 rspec. Im going to be getting a second one come flowering

1 Like

My vpd is 1.4ish, im not in a basement, the air goes out the window otherwise it would get way too hot in here. I might keep it idk yet. Depends on if the one im looking at will work, might be worth it when making my bigger space. hmm, its an apogee, but the reviews seem to be using it for aquariums. But it reads really high, so idk.

Apogee instruments are the best you can buy end of story
@BigHuff2316

They are made buy Bruce Bugbee and his team, the leading researcher on cannabis who does studies for NASA.
Your money is basically going to the best company/man in the market, if you buy it keep it otherwise don’t buy it I would hate for them to loose money.
YouTube Bruce Bugbee cannabis if you have it…

4 Likes

I second @Nicky

2 Likes

@BigHuff2316 Btw im increasing the wattage every few days or week

3 Likes

You are doing great here. :grin: I guess you can tell I am behind again :roll_eyes:
@Jackie_Daytona, just mix up a gallon and save what you don’t use in a milk jug. I have a gallon pre mixed for my seedlings. If you only use Jacks with nothing else. The ph stays stable enough that I just pour what I need to feed with out checking any thing.

4 Likes

Thank you. I have 3 1 gallon jugs 2 are around 170 ppm other right at 200. This is before watering in seedling to coir are these numbers ok with a 5.8 -6.0 ?

1 Like

Yes, these get you real close:

1/2 teaspoon Jacks 5-12-26
1/4 teaspoon Epsom salt
1/2 teaspoon Jacks Calcium nitrate 15-5-0

Think level spoons/scoops, not heaping.

I bought this for that purpose

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000K9I940/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5 Likes