Journal 2: Upgraded Setup

Hey everyone!

Finally starting my second journal for my new grow. There was a delay due to the Canuk seeds, that I ordered, never arriving so I germinated some seeds I had from a friend. 2 Purple Kush and 2 Platinum Cookies and im not quite sure if the genetics are great but we shall find out. The post office will be investigating what happened and hopefully I can get Canuk seeds to send me another pack or a refund.

I did some upgrades to my setup so here’s a list of what I have in my tent:

• 3x3 Vivosun tent
  • HLG 260 QB
  • 6" Ac Infinity T6 Fan
  • Promix HP
  • Bluelab PPM and pH Meters
  • Jack’s 321 formula
  • Vivosun 3 gallon fabric pots
  • Vivosun 3x3 trellis net
  • Taotronics cool mist humidifier
  • 6" Genesis clip on fan
  • Honewell Turboforce fan
  • Dehumidifier and AC unit will be added during flowering as I’ll be purchasing new ones

Sep 9
I soaked my seeds around 7:30 pm in water for a little over 48 hours

Sep 11
Checked on my seeds at around 3:30 in the morning (morning of the 12th) and saw there were little tiny sprouts from all seeds so I started by filling my solo cups with Promix HP and watered them with 4 oz of tap water until there was some run off. I left them to dry for a few minutes then I poked half an inch into the soil and popped my seeds in there with the pointy side down then added a couple of drops of tap water. I placed them 21 inches away from the lights. Temp was 28C and RH was around 47%. Lights will be on 24/7 until they sprout and then I will switch to veg schedule 18/6. Lights are dimmed half way as well.

Sep 12
Temp went up during the day to 30C so I turned on the T6 and set the power to 6 and now temp is set at 26C and RH is at 41%. I’ll probably turn down the fan during night time or even turn it off as temp drops during night time in my room where I keep my tent.

Please tag a long and provide your feedback and ask questions. Constructive criticism is very welcomed as it will help me become a better grower.

I apologize if I’m missing anyone, but please tag anyone that you would like.

@Myfriendis410 @dbrn32 @Not2SureYet @Hellraiser @Jackie_Daytona @Zee @Bulldognuts @Covertgrower @BigHuff2316 @Nicky

Peace!

29 Likes

@Cannabian @CoyoteCody @MadCandy @Bogleg @repins12 @Raysvols69 @patchman @MrPeat @Arrow @Enlightened420

4 Likes

@Seeduction @NewYep @Dr.Zooted @NeoGroR @MrPeat @Green707Thumb @imSICKkid @CitrusCircus

4 Likes

watching buddy.

9 Likes

I will be happy to follow along. Thanks for the tag. And you may be interested in this guy. I use it for starting seedlings. It will save you a lot in wasted light :grin: I am using a small clear tote. Could be colored as well. I use a clear one for the clear top. I put the cups in the container with the lid on till the sprouts have been above ground for a day. I then remove the lid and grow then like that. It really helps to keep a little more heat and the humidity higher… :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

oh i would definitely knock those cups over for sure. I dropped my cellphone on them once when they were small. lol

6 Likes

@Jackie_Daytona @Not2SureYet Happy to have you on board!

@Not2SureYet I actually have one of those cheap 1000w full spectrum lights off amazon but I thought I’d use a higher efficacy light for faster and better growth. Thanks so much for the input Bryan (sorry if I misspelled that, I know theres different spellings) I’ll keep that in mind. You dont suppose this will ruin them do you? I mean I can switch the light but DBRN advised I can just dim the light halfway and should be fine

Do you think I should move them to a clear tote. I think this will be fine for now right?
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07P2YNV3P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4 Likes

I tried finding anything high enough but I couldnt. So I had to use this Ikea box that I got some pots in haha I have to be careful for sure! I’ll try to find a better alternative in the meantime @Jackie_Daytona

3 Likes

set to watching!

1 Like

Holy crap! Is that the 130 carrat flawless white diamond? The display is crazy! Looks like you need some lasers and a security guard :man_guard:.
Oh set to enjoying!

4 Likes

@CoyoteCody @Cannabian Thanks for tagging along guys!

3 Likes

Set to lurking!

10 Likes

Awesome, we all going for round 2! Nobody quit. Thats what I like to see. You already know I’m gonna be following.

2 Likes

My man! @BigHuff2316 @Covertgrower Thanks for tagging along guys!

1 Like

Hope you kill it! Happy hunting :metal: I’ll follow a fellow 3x3 gromie

2 Likes

@imSICKkid Thank you thank you! Happy to have you on board!

Lets see how this one goes.

3 Likes

@Myfriendis410 @Not2SureYet Cant remember who else uses promix but I was going to wait for the medium to dry maybe for 3-4 days and then water her with 4 oz again. Now im using promix, can I do that or do I have to water daily? They still didnt break ground so does that still apply? Also I still didnt use any Jack’s or should I go ahead and feed them Jack’s? @Nicky

2 Likes

oh your babies are still subterranean? Give them a shot glass of water and throw a clear plastic cup over em, that should be all they need to make them up periscope! Once they are decks awash, open the hatch so they can get fresh air and fun light.

4 Likes

@Cannabian Thanks so much for your input!

I’d hold off on more water. They are gonna drink all their water from the air. Plus your gonna wanna keep your media a little more dry so they will shoot out more feeder roots to search for water.

6 Likes