Journal 2: Upgraded Setup

perfect. Ill check it out as soon as I get a chance/. thank you. Big day tomorrow and I am nervous. I just want the chop/ wash/ clean tent and rehang to dry to go smoothly and quickly.

4 Likes

Got to ā€œcalibrateā€ each spoon though and get a feel for what the right weight should look like, weigh it once to see how close you are with your spoons/scoops level and adjust as needed.

5 Likes

gotcha
/ thank you.

1 Like

And another feeding!

The WC and CN look happier. They get droopy when I donā€™t feed them for a day so Iā€™ll just spoil them more often as my plan seems to be working. I left the GS alone and will water her tomorrow.

I think I mixed a little over a gallon hence why TDS is around 880. I use a jug to fill up my 5 gallon bucket, so sometimes it could be off but for the most part it seems like I got a grip of it. It still doesnt hurt as im feeding everyday and the plants are not going a day without food.

White Caviar
WC

Cherry Noir
CN

Munson
Munson

12 Likes

Hey ash-
3:30am not sleeping. Your plants look healthy and green. I was looking and saw a potential problem with your plant stands, which are great by the way. I was looking at how youā€™d put a container for runoff in there. If you rotated the tables 90Ā° that would give you more room to slide something under for runoff. Maybe you already got that sorted out. And believe me its not even criticizing- I was just looking at it as if I were working the grow. I am trying to figure out how I am gonna measure mine. I have a small stand on rolling casters, but it will need to be higher I think. Your well thought out plan is working very good!!

6 Likes

@patchman No sweat, I appreciate the feedback. I usually turn around the shoe racks and make things easier for me then reassign everything back again as I clean after im done. You got a good eye though.

Thanks again sir.

2 Likes

Only one left,lol

3 Likes

Hmmm I shoulda paid more attention to DLI talk. According to the converterā€¦Iā€™m at like 22 DLI? Is that bad? My vpd is 1.4. 22 seems lowā€¦BUT Iā€™m att 220 wattsā€¦and only in a 2x2.5 so idk if I can get it much higher. Unless Iā€™m doing something wrong.
@ashhhh was it you that was gonna start some fungus? Iā€™m waiting on my to pinā€¦very exciting! I started 2 more jars! Iā€™ma be mellow and unhostile and nice for months! Itā€™s a work in progress.

2 Likes

@BigHuff2316 I used the HLG site calculation thing. DBRN32 helped me figure it out, as you can see in the above posts. Just follow what he advised me of and thats what you have because you and I are using the exact kit, 260 qp rspec. Yeah it was me. Im waiting on @Hellraiser to let me know when heā€™s ready because I believe we were supposed to do it together and start a journal for it or something.

Im excited for you dude. I might just start getting the equipment together. What setup or tek are you using?

1 Like

just corn and manure. The gulf coast ones have colonized the manure already, the honduras, and B+ are much slower, and still colonizing the corn. I got the kits from tanasi at sacred three mushrooms, but the same stuff is at high desert spores etsy shop for super cheap.

1 Like

@BigHuff2316 Thanks

1 Like

every dayā€¦ :grimacing: I got upstairs this morning and had some plants that were not happyā€¦ they bounced back by this afternoon but I have to quit letting them get to dry. I think now that the grow is wrapped up I can focus on the seedlings a little more.

Looking great btw.

3 Likes

@Jackie_Daytona Thanks! Yes, everyday. it seems like they love it. The White caviar dries out the next day. Will have to transplant soon too.

1 Like

You have a journal i can help you if you tag me.

1 Like

What is yā€™allā€™s opinion? Anything look wrong? Iā€™m wondering should I keep a mother plant in soil? Nutes every water? Iā€™m tempted to do a journal on here and have yā€™all follow. Let me bug yā€™all a few months. Iā€™m only running 1 600mh right now wide open. The coco is 60/40ish!! Using Aptus nutes. Phed 5.8-6

4 Likes

Ash93-
I was going to ask you what you got to monitor the amount watts your light or whatever is pulling. I cant find the right word for it. Thank you mā€™am. NEWS UPDATE: Found said items. Thank you anyway. You rock.
Bet your mommyā€™s proud of you.

4 Likes

They look healthy just are looking like they are stretching for light brother u might wanna upgrade the light when u can

2 Likes

Watch your nodes, ideal is 1inc between nodes. If they are stretching more lower your light.

The 600w MH should do a good job vegging

2 Likes

600w mh I was scared to lower closer

2 Likes

You can generally tell by the plant behaviour how close the light should be, start by moving your hand under the lamp at around 12 inchesā€¦ do you feel heat? Maybe too close? Go to 24 inches, do you feel heat on the back of your hand? Maybe too far? Move your hand toward the fixture until its barely perceptible, start at that height and keep an eye on your seedlings every hour or two for a while until you can feel certain they wont burn up. Then once you fell good about it, watch them, if they stretch, move the light 4 inches closer, if they bend down or get to compactā€¦ move the light away 4 or 5 inches. Once you dial in the right height, mark it down in your diary. Keep track of these details.
Gas lamps are way hotter than LED so the heights are not interchangeable, however, you can subject a plant to more intense light with LED simply because you can get the source way closer because tge light produces less radiated heat. You can ,however, burn the plant with too much light intensity with LED, therefore, you really need to pay more attention to plant behaviour rather than feel.

3 Likes