Jack's 321 . . . should I switch?

She is coming along great have only used jacks321 with jacks classic bloom
booster 10-30-20… as well as tribus, mammoth P and now I jus gave her 1st dose of microbe life photosynthesis plus oh an kelp n molasses … I have so many nutrients Im trying to find witch I like most an so far it’s jacks321 with booster an I really enjoy using Gold Leaf one step pH perfect… an Iike fox farms but I got Gaia green an soil charge pack 2 different companies… however I’m using jacks an Gaia an soil charge pack n gold leaf plants are all coming out amazing :heart_eyes::star_struck:

Also how do you lower ppms I thought by by changing the 3.6-2.4.1.1 to like say 3.4-2.5-1.6

3 Likes

Never measured runoff. I measure out 321 in equal parts, 3 even, 2 even and 1 even, less is better in that we didnt nute burn them, we watched, watched, and watched. We dialed our new lights back a little. Kept the light raised a couple inches more than suggested.

We selected straight canna coir, no mixing of anything.

We thought we are setting the bar low.

We, i have smoked for years, 20+, quit when seeds popped, almost 2 months without smoking, sample was wig blowing for 30 days old.

Simple has allowed us to continue reading and learning.

3 Likes

Dilute with water :metal:

2 Likes

I mix nutes for 3 gallons and just use 4 gallons of water. Brings me to about 800. Depending how sloppy i am weighing it.

2 Likes

I do the same, but for 4.5 gallons and get a PPM of 750-800. So far I’m liking Jack’s.

1 Like

What I got from the Dr Bruce Bugby video:

Jack’s 321 is all that’s necessary for plant nutrients throughout the life of the plant.

This is basically the same thing as Peter’s 20-10-20.

Using vermiculite in the medium is sufficient silica.

A medium of 50% vermiculite and 50% peat moss with 40 g of dolomitic lime per cubic foot of medium and 10 g of gypsum per cubic foot of medium.

Water to 10% runoff with with nutrients mixed in the water every single day.

I am not clear on how much Jack’s 321 to buy: would a 6 lb kit last longer than a lifetime or less than a month?

For this my first grow I plan on growing one to four Godfather OG photoperiods in 3 gallon pots.

Is a PPM tester necessary if you are mixing Jack’s 321?

3 Likes

Here is something I found on eBay that seems like a generic copy, the first part being actually Jack’s and the part b being what looks to be a copy by a company called Yara Liva.

As for Epsom salt, can it just be bought locally? Presumably it did not need to be Jacks and be shipped.

I switched to Jacks 3-2-1 from FF trio. I am on my second 6lb kit bought off Ebay. I feed drain to waste so I am not efficiant but one six pound kit seems to feed a full grow cycle of 6 plants in 5 gallon pots easily.

3 Likes

Your making it harder than it has to be…jmo

if a pound is 448g that means you’d get…:thinking::thinking: 120some odd gallons per pound of part a and 180someodd of b per pound

1 Like

That’s awesome dude, an I bet you were feeling nice. An yes sir less is best… How often do you feed you plant jacks 321 ??? I kno everyplant is different but I’m jus curious… an I’m going give that a try 3.-2.-1. plain sounds good

1 Like

We lifted our plants, by feel, we watered at lights on, we based our watering on general consensus that big mistake is overwatering. During veg, about half gal every two days, again, use feel after watered,
The next day, you will feel some extra weight, thus at first, every other day. Flowering, you will notice the next day, they weigh nothing and require watering everyday and more. Never had much runoff.
Drought to hydrating the plant.

We used @Hellraiser journal, his first time using straight canna coir and jacks nutes. Veteran grower of many soils, said after a few weeks in, he would never use soil or other nutes sgain, that simple.

2 Likes

Im running in foxfarm soil and im feeding my plants on every watering…im using part a 3 grams part b 2 grams and epsom 1 gram.ppm mixed with tap comes in around 960

1 Like

Yea that’s how I water my plants kinda, I jus don’t do the weight test an yea they say plants don’t take up much water in flower but I find that to b bogus . In flower is when my plants require the most… An the least I dont water by schedule I water by how top soil looks n feeling the soil … An lately I bin leaving trimmings on top soil letting them break down into topsoil I also noticed how much thicker n healthier my plants stems have bin from leaving trimmings …

@MrRobot really you feed every watering n no nute burn I had to stop feeding cause after I gave them some photosynthesis plus by microbe life I notice burn on tips of leaves then last night I f***d up n instead of overdrive I gave her jacks bloom booster I realize it bout 16 oz of water in so I grabbed plain water n hopefully pushed out most booster n day or two going start overdrive jus wanted to stay on point but if course I would mess up somewhere … next run going be Bruce banner auto, girl scout cookies extreme auto, gorilla glue Auto I wish I had enough room an soil to start it now …

An then I got pumpkins growing it’s so cool how my compost is kicking ass those pumpkins seedlings grew in jus days n everyday I’m getting growth

I was going to ask what nutes to switch to because not happy with fft. So I believe jacks 3-2-1 is the way I am going to go thanks

1 Like

@Buck29048 yea i got burn when running the 3.6,2.5,1.2 with watering in between feeds so i dropped it to 3,2,1 and every time i feed the runoff is 1000-1100 right where the plant needs to be in flowering with no burn but before on water only days my ppm runoff would be 400-450…i also water with at least 20% runoff to push out build up if i have any

1 Like

Cool luckily I havent had any problems with fft just not happy with results may be me as a grower though. Also the ease of it mixing gallons of nutes every time is old. So ease good results the $$$ and the lack off issues seems like a no brainer really. When using jacks 3-2-1 do you all recommend using silica still?

You dont have to but you can to help with pest and stem strength

@420noob you can get a 25lb bag of each part a and b for 120 shipped right now and that will last years

1 Like

Yea I messed up last night n gave her a bloom booster rather than overdrive… I quickly flushed crystal was able to pull out lot of run off n figure I was going wait a day or two but she a strong plant an if she looks good tonight when lights go on I’ma give her overdrive but if she looking lil sad or I jus ain’t feeling it I’ma wait day more or longer … Don’t wanna make nute burn worse… an I also forgot I mix gold leaf n flower fuel together an then gave NYC diesel big bud by advance as well u think going b it @MrRobot @beardless @BigCat420 @dbrn32 @Underthestairs @SilvaBack203

I always give plants lil clean water after watering with nutes … I feel giving lil Xtra water after nutes help plants alot

1 Like