Jack's 321 . . . should I switch?

True. I was thinking mix your nutes in the beaker then pour it back into the gallon or whatever you’re making. Definitely wouldn’t have to worry about anything not dissolving all the way.

I use one of these in my work laboratory.

2 Likes

They are fun :metal:

1 Like

I use a pyrex measuring cup and heat water for part A and epsom, another 2 cups heated for part B. I accomplish 2 things, the 4 cups water heated raise the water temp on the rest of the gallon and it facilitates dissolving easier. Currently temps are dropping alot at night. After reading a bunch prior to our first nute purchase, i think Jacks is great choice for a new grower.

3 Likes

I’ve switched from FF to Jack’s recently, though finishing off the old ‘stock’. Could you not mix a strong solution of Part A, Part B and Epsom salts and store them separately? Perhaps a 2 week supply. Then once you know the dilution ratio, mixing becomes pretty quick and easy, with no heating & dissolving.

If it’s stored dark, cool, and airtight it should keep fine. Or perhaps add a splash of hydrogen peroxide as an antimicrobial to be safe from environmental contamination.

1 Like

For a while there, I just mixed up a “concentrate” in 1 gallon of water of all 3 mixed appropriately. I would just dilute it into my bucket of water and move on with life. It works okay, but if I’m honest it’s less effort to get the hang of just mixing as you go. I mix in 5 gallon batches and have it down to about 2 minutes, most of which is the time my shower head is filling the bucket. The stronger the solution, the harder you have to work to get it to dissolve fully.

2 Likes

Similiar here. I use a BLUE 5-gal Lowes bucket to mix 4 or 5 gals. at a time.

A dark color bucket allows you to see any undissolved white Jacks swirling around in the center. Keep stirring till it’s gone

3 Likes

:point_up_2:Thats what i do. I mix jug of a, jug of b, jug of epsom all having 3x amount. Ill make up 4 sets of jugs. Come feed time. Grab one of the sets of jugs, give it a few shakes and pour into bucket, mix together and ph. No issue dissolving additives because they have been sitting in it for anywhere from 1 to 10 days.

I had emailed jacks and asked about storage times and any issues w my grab a jug and go routine and a nice gentleman name Brett said no issues and store no more than 2 weeks in cool dark place in either mixed or my seperate concentrated liquids

4 Likes

Hey sorry to jump in bur I jus switched to jacks 321 an using jacks classic bloom booster an then after buds come in you switch back to regular feed 3.2.1 otherwise calmag defecnciey will come about I was told this n that day when lights turned on you could see it in top leaf or two I was like damn @Sincitytoker … My dude @Underthestairs knows his shit … but yea I always use fox farms or I mix organics with synthetics an I get some amazing looking plants so far an I jus started back on 3.2.1 an using big bud with an mammoth P dude deff check it out if u haven’t already IT SO WORTH THE MONEY PLUS IT’LL LAST A LONG WHILE DEPENDING HOW MUCH GROW BUT YOU STILL GET MORE THAN YOUR MONEY WORTH… AN EBAY HAS IT FOR CHEAP THE JACKS321 AN ITS LEGIT I GOT MINE THEIR. BUT GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DECISION AN an keep growing

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag.
One thing I have had to change on my last 2 grows have been the part B
I was noticing my plants had a a calcium/nit deficiency going on so I bumped up the part B from 2.6 to 3.0 and has fixed the problem.
Jacks is super easy and efficient.
Highly recommended.
I have started adding micros to the mix so I also add photosynthesis plus to the mix from veg to harvest.
Good luck and any questions feel free to shoot me a tag.
Happy growing…

3 Likes

@Sincitytoker what’s a photosynthesis ???
Also I tweaked mine a lil … not by much at all tho
3.4—2.2—1.6 something like that. But I understand a lil better bout tuning or tweaking the npk… An I like to add tribus to my water or mammoth P depending on what plant I’m watering…lol… I wanna try that cannazym shit I’m hoping tonight I’ll get the cash to order it

1 Like

Why would you tweak a proven formula?

1 Like

Why not ???After i started using jacks I was reading how you can tweak the formula anyway you really like… yes it’s a proven formula but a lil tweak here n there won’t hurt plus cannabis plants actually require more an less throughout their life so to change things up a bit is very beneficial to your plant… I actually really like jacks an I have noticed slight difference in my plant when I changed the formula a lil n it was most definitely a plus … But I like to play scientist now an then

4 Likes

I fully understand wanting to try different ways of doing things. :+1:It’s funny though I use Jack’s so I don’t have to play mad scientist :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

3 Likes

Just switched to Jack’s for this grow. So far pretty pleased with it’s ease and the fact that it’s not too hot for seedlings not to mention cost. I was using Prescription blend nutrients previously and they worked OK they’re just a bit more work to mix and can be a bit potent at full strength. The one thing I really like about Jack’s is just how stable it is once mixed. I notice much less PH drift with it, in the last week i only readjusted PH in reservoir once were with Prescription Blend I’d need to readjust 2-3 times between refills. Plants seem to like it also. Started feeding right out of the gate at 750 PPM’s with no issues. A couple pics for proof.
Purple Lemonade 10/22, Think Different 10/29.
They’re a week apart. The PL struggled at first and the TD was almost as big a week and a half ago once I turned on the reservoir for PL she took off, those fan leaves are 2" across.

Purple Lemonade

Think Different

4 Likes

I don’t tweak the 321 ratio but i do tweak the ppm of it. If i run full i tend to notice clawing and burnt tips. 2 of the 3 hazes i have growing seem to do better at around 800pp not the 1300 i get at full bore. So now 2 are happy and 1 is hungry.

3 Likes

I’ve heard people say that if you’re doing autos that they respond best under 800 PPM.

That’s where I am. Keeping it simple and leaving it that way.

2 Likes

Simple was mixing jacks as directed, hard was being patient.

Dropped seeds sept. 1, been watching our banana kush autos for 75 days, started flowering 25 days after removing tneir helmets.

One nug sampled at 30 days, starting to frost nicely.
We have done no testing, just watching them for our first grow.

7 Likes

Beautiful just beautiful I give it a 10 a f**king 10
Lovely plant truly so amazing :star_struck::heart:… An yea that’s best way to do it. (K.i.s.s) keep it simple stupid.lol but it’s so true I was going nuts reading an trying to find n get top line nutes top line etc… But I find Jacks to be amazing I mean u can’t beat this