Inch By Inch... Grow By Grow. (ILGM White Widow Fem)

Day 16 - Vegetative Phase

My QB Light from GrowersLights arrived today, and I can see why these little girls would like that warm, yellow light (as opposed to that pink light I was shining on them before). (Thanks for the suggestions @dbrn32, and for the referral, @FNG101v2!) They are all scrunched in to half of the tent, so fit under this one light just fine for now, and will do so for quite a while I think. When it’s time to scrog them, I’ll pull them apart, but that seems a long way off yet.

This afternoon is the first time that I can clearly see two sets of three-fingered leaves, so I am calling this Day 1 of Veg. (The single-finger leaf below probably won’t recover from the water stress, but hopefully the plant will. The other day, all leaves were droopy, but she seems to have perked up well since up-potting… Thanks @raustin.)

7 Likes

Awesome! Glad to see their perking up!

1 Like

Excellent! You are gonna love that QB, and your plants will too. :wink:

2 Likes

Finally PH’d my water, and see that it’s 7.3. I guess I’m going to have to invest in some PH-down. I didn’t test the run-off, since I just calibrated the meter this afternoon, and it won’t be time to water for another day or so, I think. But I’ll get some from Amazon asap.

2 Likes

Have you ever tried using just vinegar or lemon juice to lower the PH? I’d rather not mess around with chemicals if I can avoid it.

I haven’t personally, but I’ve read that it doesn’t buffer as well, so the ph you just adjusted will bounce right back in a day or so. You’re better off using the Ph Down, it’s good stuff.

Okay. I was just reading someplace else that “[u]sing an inorganic pH adjuster (… for example the General Hydroponics pH kit) may actually damage your microherd (beneficial bacteria) and can set your marijuana plants back as far as nutrient breakdown / absorption is concerned.”

Too much information and too little knowledge. It’s a struggle. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Yes, I’ve heard that too, but unless you’re using a super soil you don’t have to worry about it. Even in super soil the bacteria grow back quickly, so i’m not sure it’s an issue.

1 Like

Roger that. That makes sense. I’m using FoxFarm Ocean Forest… nothing too fancy. That’s a good point you make. Thanks.

2 Likes

'Just had to post this today!

O'Canada

Watered today, and used some vinegar to bring the PH down to 6.8. I’ve ordered PH-down, but it won’t arrive until June 26th.

2 Likes

Wonka your quote made my bipolar day! …personally I use pH down but what ever makes you happy.

Too much information and too little knowledge. It’s a struggle. :nerd_face:

Glad to oblige, @Randy1966. I hope your grow is going well these days!

Thanks WonkaMan, yep grows in flower now and loving life.:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Looks like you’re going to be sittin’ pretty, @Randy1966! I can only hope for such results.

Shit I hope so lol, still plenty of time to !@#$ it up ,how you been doing, let me catch up on your journal, sorry been nuts around here.

I didn’t pH my tab water for 10 wks yikes! Well got my shit together before flip and haven’t had any issues, I use pH down.

Well, your grow seems to have survived just fine. My leaves are a little light in color, which worries me a bit. I’m hoping that lowering the PH a little will help. I’m not entirely sure what’s going on. (I left town today, and don’t have any pictures to post.) Being out of town will be good. I obsess over these plants. I’ll start using PH-down, as soon as it arrives, early next week. I’ll probably need to water one more time using vinegar to lower the PH. (They only get watered every few days since they’re still tiny.)

1 Like

Those little bottom leaves will fall off any way don’t sweat them , but just leave them be for a cpl weeks as I wouldn’t pull them off or anything else to stress them right now at this young age, they look good in this pic , good development with out alot off stretch, white widow right?
Mine stayed small forever it seemed lol, at this size I gave mine about 4 oz a day for cpl weeks
Well gtg man take it easy ttys.

1 Like

Nice setup man!