Inch By Inch... Grow By Grow. (ILGM White Widow Fem)

I should have posted this from the get-go. But I didn’t know what I was doing when I started this… and started in a panic when I thought I toasted my seeds at the starting line. But in case late really is better than never, here it is for reference.

ILGM Support Ticket:

What is the strain and type: ILGM White Widow Fem.

Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor, in 3-gallon, fabric containers; SmartPots

Size of space: Grow tent: 2’ x 4’ x 5’h

Soil or Hydro? Type of Medium used? Soil: FoxFarm Ocean Forest

pH? Of the soil or medium (root zone/reservoir/run-off) Well-water is 7.3 (it runs through a softener). (I don’t recall the PH of the runoff which I tested only once - I’m currently away from home - but I think it was around 7.5.) I tested after watering with 6.8 water than I PH’d down using vinegar, since my General Hydroponics hadn’t arrived yet.

Type and strength of nutrients used? NPK? EC/TDS/PPM levels? No Nutes yet. I have FF Big Grow, and FF Big Bloom on the shelf, but it’ll be a while. PPM is 221 going in. I haven’t tested runoff yet.

Temperature? Day vs. night temp or highest and lowest temps? 73-77*F

Humidity %? In the tent it is 50-65% RH

Light system/watts/lumens/FLUX/PAR? 1 Quantum Board from Growers Lights 135w 3000k & 1 Morsen “600w” Full Spectrum Grow Light from Amazon (not nearly as nice as the QB).

Ventilation system? Size? CFM? CO2? AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier? I haven’t yet hooked it up, but will be hooking up a VivoSun Air Filtration Kit, with a carbon filter and an inline fan (203 CFM for a 40 cf grow tent…). The humidity of the room where the grow tent is located is kept at about 50% with a dehumidifier.

Number “weeks/days” from into Season, Vegetative Growth or Bloom/flowering? 21 Days into Grow. Veg started on June 18, when I could clearly see two sets of 3-fingred leaves.

I am currently growing four White Widows, but will flower only two of them (because that is what is legal where I live, and since two plants are legal [or will be in two weeks… along with up to four “immature plants”], I figure, why push my luck?) I’m not 100% sure what I’m going to do with the other two plants if all four make it to the flower-stage. I may find a way to pull them and postpone their flowering, and temporarily make mothers out of them, while I flower the first two.

I am new at this and welcome any and all advice! Thanks folks!

1 Like

What, no pics? :grin:

I’m on a vacation at the beach, and my daughter is looking after the little girls while I’m away. But I watered before I left, and if anything, this will just prevent me from overwatering them again! :wink:

Oh, I see. You’re right, you can’t over water if you’re at the beach. Lol. Have a great vacation.

@merlin44. Consider yourself tagged. Thanks for volunteering!

And @Covertgrower, @elheffe702, @Myfriendis410, @anon95385719, @Bogleg, I hope you don’t mind being recruited into this thread as well. I’ve enjoyed your posts elsewhere, and hope you might give me a nudge when you see me headed in a bad direction, as I’ve already done more than once. :crazy_face: Luckily I’ve had some good shepherds to guide me away from the cliffs already!

6 Likes

I’m in! Thanks for the tag @WonkaMan

1 Like

Hey thanks @WonkaMan glad to leave some sort of impression.
If you ever need my help, I know enough to be dangerous. If I don’t know enough to get you out of trouble, instead of causing more, I’ll tag someone who can bail us out! :wink::thinking::joy:

1 Like

Thanks @Covertgrower! I’l try not to flood anyone with panicked pleas. But I can certainly use some seasoned advice now and again; dangerous or not!

1 Like

To add to keeping you out of trouble, I would highly suggest to stop feeding your white widow softened water. She likes the added minerals, but she does not like added salt. @WonkaMan

2 Likes

@elheffe702, if that kola that is your avatar was from your own grow, nice-freaking-work! You are most welcomed here!

2 Likes

Yep, that’s my last grow, Lemon Skunk. Funny you should say that, I was just thinking about changing it.

And thank you!

Yes. This is tough. Am I really supposed to feed these plant bottled water for the next several months? I could actually pull water from before when it gets treated, but I’m afraid that it might have naturally occurring high lead or arsenic levels.

1 Like

That’s different. @WonkaMan going to check a few things on that. Be back in a few.

I use reverse osmosis water. 0 ppm, settles to right at 6.3-6.5pH. It’s slow, but convenient, cheap but does waste a lot of water. Mine is about 2 gallons of waste to get one good gallon. So 3:1, use:waste-wise.

…but lemme scroll and read…

Will softened water become a problem for @WonkaMan grow? There is some sodium that is in the water after being treated, but cannot give the plants untreated water due to high arsenic and lead levels.
Is reverse osmosis water, or store purchased water the best answer in this case?
@Hogmaster @Donaldj @dbrn32 @MattyBear

2 Likes

Is it really though? Cheap? I thought that RO was going to cost a quite a bit to get set up, no?.. not to interrupt your scrolling.

RO water set up is pretty affordable, @Myfriendis410 has one.

1 Like

I’m all for the 2x2 tent! But you germinate seeds, not clones. Not trying to be a douche, at all, just want you to be as well spoken as you are informed. :+1:

This is a given :joy:

2 Likes

Hmm. I see them for ~$200 on Amazon. All-in-all, I guess it’s like getting another light, and I wouldn’t really balk at that. It’s something to talk with my wife about. More hmmm…

2 Likes

That would be me being an idiot. Thanks for pointing that out @elheffe702. (I’m already married though.). No really. Thanks. You’re completely right and not douchy at all. It’s appreciated.

1 Like