I opened my paper towel to this?

Ok here is my root pic this morning for my sick plant. I think it is looking a bit happier today. Is this enough roots to stop top watering or should I keep the clay wet a bit longer?

1 Like

The roots are a good white color just like theyā€™re supposed of the and yes I would go ahead and stop Top feeding now that should be enough root material to start sustaining ThePlant

I think she looks better too, great job!

:grinning::blush::stuck_out_tongue: super thrilled I am doing better I have killed 10 on my learning journey from seed to plant!! Now aboit the lightsā€¦I was giving to much light but what I read said after the seeding stage I should give light and that the more the betterā€¦not the case so how do I know when to increase the wattsā€¦I turned the light down to 250 on the ballast and moved it up to about 36 inches aboveā€¦( top of tent) now when do I start to increase wattage? I donā€™t want to make her sick again?? @Bogleg @TDubWilly @Midwestnewbie

3 Likes

Unfortunately I am not the best person to ask. I use a specific light for seedlings (125w CFL fixture in 5000 cri) and run it 4" above the plants. I have seeded out plants under ā€œbigā€ blurple LED panels in the past and as long as I kept them 2+ feet away it seemed okay - just really tight node spacing when I did that.

This is how I determine when to increase photons (raise wattage): when the plant has enough leaves that if I were to accidentally cause light or heat damage, it would have enough leaves to survive my abuse.

3 Likes

Lolā€¦so far that is my methodā€¦if I donā€™t kill it then it must be okay!:joy: I can grow anythingā€¦anything it seems but cannabisā€¦the learning curve is sharp!

3 Likes

Basically while itā€™s in seedling stage, keep a close eye on it - check daily, maybe twice a day.

Keep an eye on the node spacing. As long as the plant isnā€™t stretching (more than, say, 4" of spacing between nodes) then the light should be fine. Too much stretching? Increase power or slightly lower the light? Not enough? Do the opposite.

3 Likes

Im no expert but I would keep that wattage for probably the next month

1 Like

ā€¦ keep wattage the same for the next month or so and keep ppms below about 250 for the next week gradually increasing about 100ppms per week

3 Likes

Thanks will do!!:v:

@Bogleg @TDubWilly @Dman1969 this is my first Hydro grow and I think my plants are not growing very good. Do you guys have a pic of a plant 3 to 4 weeks old so I can see the sizeā€¦because wellā€¦size mattersā€‹:joy::joy: just sayin! I think they look pretty healthyā€¦well now that the sick one is better but they seem small for autos that are suppose to grow the full term in 90 days

3 Likes

@Are sorry but I have never done autos only my second grow.i also grow in organic soil and I grow photos. But good luck on your grow Iā€™m gonna be watching :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Iā€™m only in soil as well and all mine are photo

1 Like

Here were all of mine on my current grow at day 32 (February 6th):

Here they are yesterday (the 8 that are left):

IMG_1516

I think the size of your plant is fine. Just be patient.

1 Like

Growing in coco and soil all organic so wonā€™t be able to help. If I were getting stretch on my seedlings I would increase my light and if I want to stretch them out I lift up higher and try making them pray lol!! Good luck on your grow Iā€™ll be watching if you donā€™t mind!!

1 Like

This guy was germinated Feb 1st and sprouted Feb 4th

Ive done some defoliating also which might make it look a little smaller

1 Like

Just seen you were growing autos, this is not an auto

1 Like

Same - also not growing autos. But I did go with the shortest veg period I couldā€¦ more or less.

I really must not be doing something right mine are tiny compared to you guys! I have size envy!!:disappointed:

Your plant looks healthy now - with autos there isnā€™t much room for error, especially early onā€¦ which is why I hate growing them, because I suck at growing these plants during the first four weeks of their lives.