How to get the hash oil after harvesting?

I’m not getting past it because you can’t press shatter, or those other products. It’s the reason rosin is $25/gram and all the other products are typically around double. Wax, shatter, crumble are indeed different by consistency. But that’s what separates them as different types of bho. Your analogy is off base because there is a substantial difference in cannabinoids and purity from all of the butane extracts and heat pressed rosin.

In my experience the butane content is something people use to justify not spending extra money. The toxic level of butane is >25,000 ppm. A properly ran and purged bho product is typically below 50 ppm. That’s 99.99995 or better, I’d say it purges pretty well.

My reasoning here isn’t to argue with you. It’s just that you can run as much or more of a $50 product than you can a $25 product. The only thing that separates them is heat press vs bho. So while the cost of a something like 1/4 closed loop system is maybe $1500 vs a $500 press or $250 diy press, the return potential is twice as fast. Investment wise a closed loop system makes sense. If you’re just wanting to mess around for yourself than whatever you can do will work.

1 Like

@dbrn32 “BHO products: live resin, sauce, wax, shatter, budder, (these names actually refer to texture not extraction method and can be achieved with Rosin by manipulating temperature and terpenes) are good, some are even great. ”

Please note that you cited a link by a company that exclusively produces heat pressure products. I’ve never seen anything from them regardless of texture sell for more than $25. Nor have I seen any product produced from heat pressure available from retail marketed as live resin, shatter, etc.

1 Like

U can get 190 proof everclear in some states

I do know that live resin is special in that no heat is used.

It’s a freshly cut plant put immediately in a blast freezer then extracted using Butane.

An acquaintance makes it and loads into disposal pens. It takes just like the buds it cane from.

I can get 192 proof made in Poland here. Buddy owns a liquor store, hooked me up with 4 cases for some herb.

1 Like
2 Likes

@Syd1488 also from Syd, I made my first batch of oil a few weeks back, as we can’t get the ever clear here , I used isopropylene as that is what Rick Simon uses, it’s so easy to make .