How to get the hash oil after harvesting?

@dbrn32 ever try dry ice shaker method?

Fresher the bud better the product.

Then once you collect the blond hash off it you can heat press. Butane leaves a solvent that is impossible to purge.

Fresh trim or buds produces a wax

Cured buds produce a shatter

1 Like

@Member420 your stuff reminds me of shine

1 Like

It’s not the same.

@dbrn32 sorry I was only asking if you have ever tried it.

Not trying to say it’s the same as alcohol or butane, was just wondering.

I figured alcohol would have a point of maximum saturation and wouldnt allow for all the thc to be extracted.

1 Like

I used bubble bags, though it was a daunting process for you ended up with. Making bubble hash or curing doesn’t really change what you end up with. Whether you’re pressing hash pucks or pressing flower doesn’t really matter either. Hash produces a little cleaner and higher yields. A properly extracted and purged butane run should measure less than 50ppm of butane. I don’t go around testing butane concentration, but I’ve heard that’s less than using a bic lighter.

Not sure if you’re privy to any dispensaries, but prices of shatter vs rosin should be self explanatory. I’m not really hating on any of the methods, they all have pros and cons. Just reiterating that the long term cost vs value a closed loop butane rig is where it’s at.

1 Like

@Syd1488
I have a friend who has MS (He has very advanced MS) and he tried everything that doctor can offer, but no relief. He is in Maine, which cannabis usage is legal, so I suggest him to make his own RSO. Recently, he told me that he wished he knew about the RSO sooner.
Just FYI - for MS, it works better with more CBD than THC (my friend told me this as well)
He also takes RSO ‘back-door method’ - 1g syringe full daily. Also, he takes a small amount of oil orally as well.

Also, when you extract resin from the clipping/buds, etc., it is best to use high Alcohol contents, like 190 proof grain alcohol. 190 proof grain alcohol is expensive, but it extracts resin so much better than the low proof alcohol, so in the end, you actually ended up saving money by using the 190 proof grain alcohol. If you are in AU, you can get it from Amazon AU. Grain Alcohol. Here is the link.
Hope your friend can get the relief. I know it is very painful…

My friend plans to infuse the oil into food products. Butter and cookies mostly.

@dbrn32 sorry for the misunderstanding,

I was saying that fresh bud after dry ice gives a waxer press

As cured bud produces a shatter all with a heat press

I’ve looked into closed loop systems and just don’t have that kind of knowledge to put one together or run one. It’s intimidating to be honest. I’d love to make live rosin with one someday

We have a few decent dispensaries and the price varies a little 30/40 shatter 50/60 wax/live rosin/ keif with some specials periodically of buy one get one half off or buy two get one deals.

@Syd1488, if your friend can grow the plant, she can juice the leaves. You do get high from leaves, so if she opt to do this, she needs to test and see when is the best time to drink the juice.

1 Like

190 proof gets heated to 42.5c/109f under a vacuum where it boils off and is recovered. So my $30 quart of EA will last for I don’t know how long. Maybe losing 1/8 cup per raw material extraction.

This was a quart to start, 6-8 runs on it " alcohol on left and filtered but not ran on right

Maybe the misunderstanding is with rosin and live resin? Heat pressed is considered rosin, and is usually about half the price of shatter. Unless I’m wrong, live resin is butane extract from fresh frozen.

1 Like

Thanks for your advice. My friend is a strait head and has no idea how to get a good room going. I’ve been growing hydro in rockwool with an NFT system for decades. I used to do whole houses!! Now I’ve sacrificed half of my bedroom to grow 15 SuperSkunk babies for a bit more dollars and free smoko. I went to a Bunning’s Hardware store for what I needed to build, for a mere fraction of the cost of buying a grow tent. Other than the rookwool, nutrients, good pH meter, digital temperature and humidity gauge, clone gel and pH up and down regulators, which I bought at a hydro store, the rest I made. I’ll take a quick photo to show you how it’s going. They’ve been in vege stage for almost 5 weeks. My pH levels are constantly between 5-6. I run a water pump 15mins every hour, and I have the lights on for 21-3. I do stick to a 12-12 light schedule during flowering though.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 nah I can press shatter also

Like I was saying it depends on the rh of the product going in that makes what comes out.

Wax usually sells for a bit more than shatter but not much

Looks pretty fancy! I love the light system. I have multiple LED grow lights and most of the times it is in the way. The tent doesn’t have much room to begin with and by the time you add couple of the lights, fans, etc., it has no room for plants. I am thinking about designate a room to grow plants rather than grow it in the tents.

I suppose you can call what you make whatever you’d like. The industry standard for heat press is rosin. Wax, shatter, crumble, live resin are products of butane extraction.

I use everclear. It’s 198 proof which is 99% to make RSO

@Syd1488 I’m not sure where your friends tolerance levels are, but taking a gram a day is usually the goal.

If your friend is going to be taking her medicine orally, that could be too much.

Either she starts building up her tolerance or she takes the medicine “backdoor” but with the “no high” depth.

I also use 96% grain alcohol.

I used this as a guide:

2 Likes

Thanks for the YouTube link. It’s very helpful.

1 Like

I bought the same countertop still, works great. I recapture almost approx 75% of the alcohol.

@dbrn32 You can call it what you like but what your making is bho , butane hash oil. The consistency of the product your getting is shatter. ive never called mine anything but rosin as it’s the process it’s made, the product made from the process is its own wether it comes out as shatter , wax , crumble all dependent upon its texture

That’s like saying someone doesn’t grow cannabis because they are using a hydroponic system and you used soil

The method is butane extraction. Wether you blow thru a tube or a closed loop extraction system.

Sorry man I’ve been trying to get you past this but your kinda stuck on it for some reason.

And again the main reason to not use butane is from the harsh solvent you’ll “NEVER” purge from your product!