How does my 4-day-old Wedding Cake Auto look?

This isn’t mold is it?!

1 Like

1 Like

Who is in first? :call_me_hand::call_me_hand::pirate_flag:

Dunno but he’s up 10 votes on me… just looked it’s fieldofdreams

2 Likes

Yeah that SLH is going to be tough to beat!!! Wicked nice buds this month though. As soon as this month began he put up that SSH. I knew I had zero chance to beat that but I entered. I like to kick myself :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Lmao i could’ve posted a closeup shot but imho the way them buds grew on that main limb was way to cool not to share. It’s now hanging upside down :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Oh yours was a great picture and a great bud. It looks like spiral and that has character!!! Looked like you could stretch it out and roll it right up into a big ass blunt!!’ :fire::dash::rocket::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

1 Like

Haha yeah you right :rofl::rofl: i just cut and hung it along with the other purple kush. As soon as they dry it’ll be time to harvest my big Do-si-dos. It’ll be oh so close to a Ib.

1 Like

Yes. I believe it is. Sorry.

2 Likes

100% mold? If one bud has it the rest of the jar is tainted as well isn’t? Best to throw the whole thing away? If so, 5 oz will be hitting the toilet @Newt :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

I think so. So very sorry. @Carpenter , IIRC you had a mold issue once upon a time, any advice? If I recall incorrectly, then I’m sorry.

4 Likes

Yikes. Opinions vary, but I’d definitely wash anything that isn’t obviously affected if you have a hope or desire to try and save it. As for moldy weed, you can either extract it using something notorious for killing everything (ethanol, aka 190 proof or higher everclear), or chuck it. Some folks don’t feel comfortable using extracts from moldy weed. I’ve got mixed feelings, personally, but if it was the last of my stash I’d probably do it.

3 Likes

It’s all I’ve got until my wedding cake cures.

I’ve smoked a couple ounces of it already of the London pound cake. No issues. Went and got another jar from the closet last night and I seen the white looking stuff on the bud so I broke out the microscope. Hit the guy up I got it from and he’s been smoking it and doing fine. No issues. Kind of torn. His brother grows weed for a dispensary in California. He gets pounds and pounds shipped to New York and then I got some of it. It is very dry and barely registers in the moisture meter. With it not registering moisture in the moisture meter, can mold thrive in dry conditions? Looks like crushed trichomes but at the same time a good amount are amber looking. The stuff in question looks like clear trichomes to me but pics online are kind of comparable so I’m not sure.

2 Likes

The black is a sugar leaf in the one photo. @Graysin would you smoke if you had no issues smoking a couple ounces of it already

2 Likes

I’d plunk it in a peroxide wash just to be safe. It’s not “clearly mold,” but not “clearly not mold” either.

2 Likes

Just dump the jars in the peroxide/water wash. Stir around with hand. Pull them out and put in cardboard or something with fans on it until dry? Can I just do this on kitchen table or?

1 Like

Yeah, I’d probably just get a big mixing bowl with a 1/4 cup of peroxide and tap water, then drop the buds in and give it a little shake or stir. Watch for fizz - if anything bubbles up (like when you pour peroxide on a cut), you may have a problem.

If it seems okay and we’re just being paranoid, I’d fish them out and lay them over a wire cooling rack. Let them drip dry or blow a fan gently above it, whichever works. Once they’re dry enough that you’d feel comfortable popping it in your grinder, it should be dry enough to go back into the jar.

1 Like

@Newt yes sir unfortunately yes. I recommend a three part bath 3 gallons of water and a half a cup of baking soda in 1-5 gallon bucket, 3 gallons of water and a half a cup of lemon juice in another bucket and 2-16 ounce bottles of peroxide to 3 gallons in the third bucket rinse with water and hang to dry or put on a rack with a fan and keep your eye on it .
I lost my battle with WPM, had to cull a harvested plant :confounded: and one early in flower.
Good luck with this… @Jonesy287
I recommend these two products per @kaptain3d and @Lacewing I think :face_with_monocle:
Apologize if I’m wrong about who all.
We’ll just think everyone on this side and the dark side of the fence.

If you can catch it early, you’re in good shape in my experience.

5 Likes

Thank you very very much! I’ll be giving this a try! Would hate to lose so much if I can help it! You

Haven’t had any issues with consuming? In your experience based on pics that mold? Sorry just trying to get a few thoughts and insights. I’ll be doing this wash this afternoon

2 Likes

Anything that has signs of mold I discard!
Good luck with it

1 Like