How does my 4-day-old Wedding Cake Auto look?

Man it feels good to join this community!!

I am looking for any and all feedback, suggestions, etc.

Here are the basics on my first ever grow of any kind:

Attempted to germinate 5 Wedding Cake Auto seeds. Only one popped, so his name is Nemo. I have replacements on the way, but for now it’s just Nemo.

I live in VA, so 4 plant limit. I intend to start 4 in my 4x2 in my basement, then move one outside after seedling stage.

Soil: FFHF (~70%) Perlite (~15%) Coco (~15%)
Pots: 3 gallon fabric bags
Light: Spider Farmer SF2000 (I also have 6 20w tubes available)
Climate: AC Infinity T4 w Carbon Filter, 2 small fans, humidifier

I had 3 tubes going 2 inches above the seedling from Monday (when it broke the surface) until this morning. This is what the ILGM germ guide suggests. It seemed like the plant was healthy but growing slowly, so I removed the tubes and turned on the SF2000 at 30 inches at 70% dim setting.

Temps running high 70s “daytime”, low 70s for 6 hours lights off, humidity ~70-75%.

Thanks for any advice!

17 Likes

A couple additional notes:

Seedling is 1 inch tall after sprouting 4 days ago. Also, the 2 Cotyledons are still bigger than the first 2 “true leaves”. Does this seem like slow growth, or am I just another overanxious, impatient newbie?? :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Welcome @Dantheman85, I am fairly new at this also. Looks like you have a pretty good handle on things and a nice setup underway. The newbie impatience is certainly a real thing! :v:

If you only plan to start seedlings and veg in the tent with the move outside after, I am pretty sure you can keep the carbon filter off and save it for when you decide to flower one inside also!

2 Likes

@GoingGreen Thanks! Regarding the move outside, I am only doing that with one. I expect to be planting 3 more seeds (to replace the ones that failed to germ) in the next 1-2 weeks. My OG thinking was that I didn’t want more than 3x 3-gallon pots in my 2x4 tent, so that meant the 4th pot in the garden.

1 Like

Welcome to the community. Looks good.

2 Likes

Looks perfect. Sounds like you’re well on your way. And you could probably get by with a little less light at this stage, and keep increasing as it grows. Welcome aboard.

3 Likes

@Deepsix @Dexterado thanks guys

1 Like

She’s cute as a button your doing fine welcome to the community

3 Likes

Do you have a smartphone if so download photone, i start at dli of 10-12 and every 3 days up it 3-5 until 60, but so far your girl looks healthy

3 Likes

Welcome to the community. This is a great place to hang out. Your baby looks great. You won’t believe how fast it will take off once it gets some roots established. Happy growing :blush::v:

2 Likes

Looks good. First timer myself. This is gelato and orange sherbert after 3 weeks of breaking soil… ive learned to have patience lol…

9 Likes

@ChittyChittyBangin those plants look :ok_hand:t3::ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

Looks healthy, very exciting :grinning: Goodluck

3 Likes

Man they bout to take off so prepare yourself lol… congrats to both of you :muscle::muscle::beers:

2 Likes

UPDATE

Here she is at 8 days old.

Growth is still seeming pretty slow, but she sure looks healthy to my untrained eyes. Can anyone confirm that I should hold off on nutes for a few weeks since I planted in FFHF? Anybody else start an auto last week and wanna compare progress?

Thanks guys

6 Likes

@Dantheman85 I would hold off on the nuts if you have a tds meter keep track of the run off numbers and once it gets as low as 900-1000 give her a quarter or half strength nuts but your good for a good 3-5 week range in happy frog with out adding any nuts that’s why I asked if you had a tds meter happy growing :v:

3 Likes

She looks happy and healthy! How are the others?

At this stage, they are doing majority of the growing under the soil. Putting down that solid foundation that is her roots. The growth up top should pick up shortly as well

Happy growing!

2 Likes

Auto schedules ,ON THE AVG, go like this
1 week germ
1 week seedling
2-3 weeks vg
7-10 days transition to flower (stretch)
8-10+ weeks flowering

At 8 days you are the opposite of slow, you are perfectly on course. Well done!

5 Likes

Mine are a few days older. ILGM golden leaf. First grow. Learning patience hehe!

6 Likes

Let me know how those turn out. We have a few GL photo seeds, but havent done anything with them yet. The Sunset Sherbert and Gelato i have are growing like weeds :rofl::rofl::rofl:. I just dropped 4 G13 Autos last night and 2 have popped and 2 swelled. Im going to grow the autos with the photos but keep the photos in veg until the autos are done… i have the extra height now ( about 6 ft ) in my grow room since i moved from the 4x2 tent. ( was having issues with controlling heat in the tent so i built a climate controlled room.

5 Likes