How does my 4-day-old Wedding Cake Auto look?

My girls are stunted again

4 Likes

Just gotta be patient. Remember they spend their first 7-21 days laying rootwork, not growing vertically.

3 Likes

Lol. I know they’re growing underneath soil. Impatient is something I’m still trying to sort out. Haha. Day 13 today on these girls. Just Ph’d water right now? Shot glass or so isn’t that right?

1 Like

Another week or so should be light nutes?

How’d those blocks work for you? I got relief for about a week and it went away. Did it three times. Then I have a couple buddies that did it as well and they had relief for 5-6 months. I hope yours is the latter :call_me_hand:t2:

I probably do about 6 ounces every 3-5 days.

You’re in straight coco this go?

About 3 days before they wore off. Not sure what relief I got. But I got extremely nauseous when they wore off :sweat_smile: so musta been something.

My semi-permanents are in a week or so. :v: I hope they do the trick for a while.

1 Like

Coco and perlite again. Just jacks nutes. Probably stick with clock forever. Love the control I have of it

1 Like

Nutes full strength from seed to harvest. I feed every time I water even when they’re wee. Particularly important in coco, since skipping nutrients means you’re skipping the calcium, which ultimately affects the cations in your coco.

2 Likes

Okay thank you! Wasn’t sure if I should feed or wait. I’ll start feeding and do the math to make the feed that small. Lol

1 Like

Is this over or underwatering?

3 Likes

My thought is over.

2 Likes

Looks like over. I’d give her a dome and resist the urge to water for a day or two. See if she perks up

2 Likes

I e got her domed and spray when getting dry inside cup. Water on outer ring of the cup and let it soak in soil

1 Like

How often?

1 Like

Every 2 days or so I water. Mist In dome when dry, which is everyday

1 Like

This is the hardest part for me getting it out of the seedling stage. I’m just not sure why.

1 Like

Even when they’re wee like this, they do fine with a real wet/dry cycle. I give my solo cup seedlings like 2-6oz water (depends on the plant mostly) til I get some runoff, then leave it alone til the coco is light to lift (this is relative, since wet coco is marginally heavier in a solo cup than dry coco, but when you feel it you start to understand on a more intuitive level).

2 Likes

New truck sticker. Just got it made!! Had to share

5 Likes

Okay I understand what you mean. I do the “lift” method on my pots now. I got ya. Hard to judge in 5 gallon pot when they’re this small. Haha

1 Like

That’s probably where I’d shift gears in the future. Start em in a smaller pot and up-pot. It’s better for general root development anyhow. :v:

2 Likes