How does my 4-day-old Wedding Cake Auto look?

Hey guys, here she is at 19 days old!

I have made the following adjustments since my last post 11 days ago:

1. Temp - unchanged at ~ 77 F
  2. Humidity - changed from ~77% → 68%
  3. Light - gradually increased dimmer from 60-100%
    -switched from 20/4 to 24/0 out of necessity
  4. Water - RO with lemon/b.s. for up/down to 6.5
    - was spritzing twice a day with pHed h2o
    enough to moisten top ~1/4 inch.
    -Just watered more fully this a.m.; ready to
    starting wet/dry cycles (good idea?)
  5. Nutrients - none yet. FFHF is only food source.
    - Planning to order FF liquid trio plus
    Cal-mag and start at day 28, but keep
    an eye on growth and leaf color/shape
    for signs I should start sooner.

Addtl notes:

New seeds
I have 2 replacement seeds in water rn. If those 2 germ successfully, they’ll be joining #1 in the tent 3 weeks behind schedule. Is this a workable challenge?

Water
I am planning to switch from RO to tap that I let sit for min. 24 hrs and then pH with lemon juice/b.s. I am also collecting some rain water in gallon jugs and plan to test for pH and ppm. I am esp. intrigued by the latter, as I’ve read that it will likely start closer to 6.5 than tap and also will be cleaner than treated groundwater. Does anybody have advice about this? I switched off RO because I didn’t want to keep buying jugs at the store (money and environmental waste).

Thanks as always for the guidance!

5 Likes

Looking good!

1 Like

My rainwater is typically ~50 ppms and always around 7. The thing is, with such low ppms it always drops pretty heavy when I add nutes. RO water probably works about the same. Find urself using a ton of pH up/baking soda? Low ppm water will do that.

Tap will hold pH much better and starts higher (i think ours is 8-9)

As to the additional seedlings, if they are autos I see no problems. Photos, theyll have a good size difference but no foreseeable issues aside from the spacing.

My bigger question is why thr switch from 20/4 to 24/0? Most living things respond alot better with a little rest.

5 Likes

Lighting switch from 20/4 to 24/0 was because I left town for a week and had my neighbor with no growing experience caring for my seedling. I dialed in the tent climate and wanted to keep things as simple as possible for him. He (and the plant) did great.

Now that I have a seed germinating in the tent as well, I am moving to 18/6 for the long haul. I’ve become convinced (by you and others) that the daily rest is good.

For water, I’ll stick with dechlorinated tap for now. I only end up using the baking soda (pH :arrow_up:) when I overdo it on the lemon juice.

As for the 2 seeds: saw a good taproot on one, and the other looked like the taproot came off in the water glass while soaking. Both are in final soil in the tent getting spritzed (must be nice… :shower:). Expecting to end up with 2 WC auto plants for my first grow, 3 weeks apart in age.

2 Likes

Do you put a filter over your phone? If so, what and how? Thanks

1 Like

23 days old:

I started LST yesterday, tying the base of the stem to one side of the pot, and tying just below the top node (of 4) to the other side of the pot. Planning to take this plant for a lap around the pot - let’s see if I can shape a nice even canopy before it starts to flower!

Dropped 2 more WC autos in soil on Sunday. Far right popped yesterday, far left popped this morning. It only has 1 cotyledon.

Will it survive?

3 Likes

Good morning everyone, 24 days old…

4 Likes

Thats one happy healthy plant!

1 Like

Thanks @PurpNGold74 !

I have FF trio lined up and waiting. She looks happy, however my TDS meter measured 560ppm runoff last watering, and my tap is 187 (oof, almost wish I didnt know that now :nauseated_face:). So thinking it needs to eat, any thoughts?

FYI - I will be watering again Fri or Sat. Thats when I would start feeding.

1 Like

So did you start the feed? 500 ppms isnt much and id give her a snack before she starts to ask for it

1 Like

@PurpNGold74

Yes, I did feed her 36 hours ago. Did ~1/2 strength FF Tiger Bloom.

You might be wondering why bloom nutes……

Early Flowering right??

3 Likes

New growth

1 Like

Does look like new growth, but I believe I see some pistils on that top node to the lower left

Here’s a look 2 days after half strength early bloom nutes. These are early bud sites right?? Look how small this plant is in a 3 gallon grow bag. Can anyone advise? Should I stick w bloom nutes? Is this a tiny plant?

Thank you!

@SippiGrower
@PurpNGold74
@GoingGreen
@anon1893985
@Vtbudz

3 Likes

Side pic would help

@SippiGrower here you go

3 Likes

@Dantheman85 she might surprise ya they get big that’s for sure I just harvested a Jack herer autoflower ilgm seed and I got a pound and a half from her don’t let the auto genes fool ya

5 Likes

@Vtbudz :astonished:

I did some more lst to get branches level and make sure there is good airflow throughout. While I think I do see some signs of pre-flowering :man_shrugging:t2: The branches are still flexible and sounds like she has a lot more stretching to do. I expect her to be thirsty Tues or Wed.

Question: I never gave Veg nutes w Nitrogen because I started in FFHF, and by the time I measured PPM and started feeding, I saw these pre flower looking things, so I went straight with Tiger Bloom. Do they need more N? Should I or Can I give Veg nutes next time? Is that a bad move? Is it too late because I already started Tiger Bloom?

Thanks everyone!

1 Like

Side shot showing all off the plant. Like this

4 Likes

@Dantheman85 I use jacks 321 for nutrients and coco coir

2 Likes