Home grown tent

latest thought is a fish tank heater pump and 100’ garden hose recirculate warm water through hose around floor take couple days for water to warm but would in essence be radiant heat floors at about 150w

My heater is the easiest solution, but you have made me rethink it, since I have time. I like the radiant heat idea…kinda elegant, sophisticated

mainly it’s cheaper since aquarium heater will only kick in when temps are lower than it’s setting with lights on water absorbs light heat needing less energy to warm I have pump hose and 100l res

Even if the seeds come today, I have time to play with my EMPTY grow tent.
Trying to keep the tent cool, I did put it up against a concrete wall. I didn’t realize then, solving one problem creates another.

it usually does the trick is to figure out which problem is easier to control

been running on empty, testing the tent, for 4 days…
I can control humidity…add water daily/weekly maintenance on humidifier
I can control lighting
Fine tuning temp control, but I’ll get it right (fingers crossed), still a week or 2 away, if seeds come today

My wish list is: a fan speed controller, concentrated H2O2, probably more chemicals, supplements, nutrients…

If I had started my auto ww Jan 1, would I be in the third week of a grow or starting my third set of seeds after killing the first two?
Probably ordering more seeds…

you don’t need to run h2o2 from start to finish in hydro if you can keep temps under control and light out of buckets many root starters and nutrient lines have bene microbes and bacteria if you keep your plants healthy you can go whole grow without h2o2

Off topic have 4 ladies trying to finish flush in soil reason temps are pain in my arse atm they are drinking water too slow lmao so though soil is flushed it’s far from dry and plants are not consuming enough of their stored energy. I get to see today how my adjustments worked out on my temps :slight_smile: also put new pump on my dwc buckets was crazy the difference water literally boils now think will make huge difference. So yeah about as excited as you since once those 4 are out I get to put in a mother plant who’s in a 7 gal and taking too much space in my veg room my Jack clones were 100% success cut 8 all rooted saved 3 best lmao ran out of room. The thing that makes me happiest is from this week on have a plant a week coming out for months to come :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Peroxide is for cleaning…humidifier, area vapor vents thru tent wall, whatever else…buying small bottles of 3% will work, soap and water too

Someday soon, I will pick a bud and smile, too :wink:

btw, I played with some ph down, practicing…that stuff is potent.
I went back and forth, 3 to 6, trying for 5.8…

Lol so glad I changed over to smart pots only 2 more plastic pain in the arse bags to deal with after the 4 come out smart pots are so much nicer. Lol by the time you add nutes your ph will be close to right anyway most of the time unless you have hard water or very high ph water

lol the mother I get to move in is nearly 3ft around and has close to if not more than 20 viable colas :wink: she’s been trained to produce branches so perfect level bonsai 18" tall should be awesome to watch her stretch :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Ok, the tent is shut down, waiting for seeds…

I’ll use an LED bulb for the first few weeks after sprouting, a 24watt, 23200 lux @ 1 foot.

Veg stage, start at 400 watt metal halide, or just keep ballast at 600 watt?
A foot + distance from plants, depending on heat.

Flower, hps @ 600 watt, same distance

As for heating…I can not buy an aquarium heater and another pump right now as you mentioned…you really have to see my wife. Very scary. You can blame me and my projected budget for this build.
You can blame me, BUT, as I’ve explained to my wife, it’s all YOUR fault.

so stay out of Connecticut…she is looking for you all…better you than me, imho. :innocent:

As for heating the tent…it’s for 5-6 hours, not maintaining, just slowing, the heat loss from 75F to 65ish F, then the lights come back on and fan cooling starts.

I have weeks to balance the heat/cold, I won’t use the tent till veg time.

I would love to set up a second tent and light and use it to warm the first grow area, what a good relationship, and the start of a perpetual grow. I can only imagine explaining that to my wife.:fearful:

Roflmao I had same fight with my old lady it came down to two factors $ and me saying I can either populate a room with young ladies or go out and find one to occupy my room :wink: for first several weeks I tend to run my 400w mh in veg than I step up to my 600.
Rightnow I am cheating I am running 600 mh at around 5’ above floor the smaller plants and cuttings are further from light so as they grow it gets more intense fresh transplants are hidden amongst the larger plants to have time to adjust before getting full light doesn’t help a week behind schedule in flower room so around 3 too many plants in veg. I have that solved by throwing a Mother into flower room she occupies over 4sqft easily moving her makes room for 3-4 plants in veg have to get my other Jack herer into flower soon too since it’s already dominating veg space

I love hearing of your problems, and solutions…I won’t get to your level of growing (or will I?), but seeing your results, Yoshi’s, JTheH, Majik’s, so many photos posted, all so desirable…

You’ll get to our results problem is we will continue to learn more and get better results with each grow so always a game of catch up when comparing everything takes time to refine and learn and each strain is slightly different. I think we all learn constantly and is no system that can’t be improved so am constantly dealing with new issues only difference in my grow and others is number of plants and colour lmao. Plants seem to look far prettier when they are coloured the buds stand right out

1 Like

I looked at my outdoor grow at sunrise…the plants were dark, the flowers were a white that stood out…I could tell a bad bud (mold, caterpillar) from a distance and that first light. So relaxing…

lol I sneak into room in dark cycle green light to snap pictures and do Trich inspections problem with HID is it doesn’t do justice to plants colours

2 Likes

next room I make is getting a hammock have a sitting room right outside this one but not the same

1 Like