Home grown tent

Top and top again throw in some Lst but you will have your hands full and until you are familiar with your strain and how it grows adding stress will make it harder to figure out which thing is causing which result if complications arise. Easier to narrow shit down when you know what you are doing right and what recent event has caused the issue.

One reason my first impulse was to go auto, a simple, leave it alone, grow…done quick.

After reading, most recommendations were for a fem over an auto…and I just can’t do it simple, I have to complicate it with scissors or twine, or both

I am with Donald on this one, KISS for your first Hydro grow. You are going to be busy enough keeping temps in tent and water within range, RH, keeping an eye on pH swings and nutrient uptake via PPM making sure your root system is properly developing, etc…
If you feel a need to do something more I would highly recommend LST and only LST for the first time. If you don’t have everything dialed in and start topping, let alone manifolding, your plants immune system is going to be shocked. This will lead to all sorts of issues.
In short dial in your grow first and get nice healthy plants going before getting to crazy with additional techniques.

I’m aiming for an even canopy, maybe I don’t have to try and fill the tent the first time, just even things out a bit.
Outdoors, topping was easy, no flowers? Snip

All I can say is take notes because you will be having plenty of fun playing with your formula res temps ph and stress releases hormones in your plants which will seriously change results in how it eats drinks and grows. Always better to know you have the chemistry down first

Okay, just LST

Better come hide all my scissors, shears…It’ll be hard not snipping.

Just once?

lol do what you’re going to do buddy but I am telling you now that hydro is less forgiving than soil and formulas usually take time to dial in and a stressed plant goes from bad to dead fast

1 Like

I’m here to listen to the pros…
No cutting.
LST for bud lighting.
KISS…

I’m off to watch my empty tent glow…more fun than getting yelled at by you two. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Lol no yelling. I have just been in your position with my first Hydro grow. The best way to learn is by experience but thought I would give a friendly bit of advice that was given to me, and I ended up ignoring to bad results lol.

1 Like

F**k that I’m yelling have to keep him from going overboard somehow :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

rh high was 58% with new humidifier.

Light on, bubbling air, one fan bringing air in, inline fan for light, passive air vent near top,
NO exhaust fan…just passive…changing to small exhaust fan, passive supply, one circulating.

Buckets off cement floor, 1" foam + 1" cardboard barrIer.

Water temp today before lite’s on, 64.4F…air temp still 61…adding a heater to room today

I am also taking the humidifier out of the tent, gonna make a hole thru the wall about 5 feet off the floor and direct the water vapor thru that.

Just saying…THANKS.
If not for you all, I would have started some seeds and been posting so many questions.
We all say pH is number one for cannabis 101
temperatures are surely number two
humidity is number three

Then it really gets to be fun…BUT…get it started right

Cold in Connecticut…like alotta you…maybe snow, heavy at times, coming.

I didn’t turn it on, but an oil filled, radiator style heater on a timer is in place. Light goes out, heater will turn on, then shut off before lites on. It’s a small cellar room. I will test it, lost motivation, still w8n on seeds.

Last nite, air temp 61F, water temp 69.8…warming…maybe, by the time I get a plant in there, the water will keep the tent warmer.
Days are getting longer, winter’s going.

Sigh…Keep it simple…nutrients…I have Robert’s, adding an A and B to it…I’ll start with ILGM’s quarter strength and go from there, slowly.
Too much reading, and my thumb is green, like alotta new indoor growers, and I won’t be happy till I turn it gangrene and create a problem. :wink:
At least it shouldn’t be a temp, humidity or pH issue (fingers crossed).

as the water warms it will increase humidity and tent’s temperature but yes 61 is still quite low

Low, consistent, always 61, need the heater

I’m doing electric cord management…3 fans, humidifier, air pump, light, reading light, heater

lol any time I hear the word need a heater I think hmm? 1000w an hour to run heater or a few hundred more watts of lights lmao

Just at dark periods, 18/6, heater on 5 hours, I’ll time it to turn of, let it cool before lights on.
Plus, I own 2 heaters already

Spring is coming, it will warm up naturally for me, not living in Canada, you know

let me describe my quest for temp control, I started this grow 1 1000w mh 20/4 temps were perfect in veg started flower room 1000w hps set up veg room with 200w cfl too cold then 400w mh still too cold now running 600w mh veg. I swapped rooms around flower room for veg, now temps are just mildly too cold in flower room veg room is perfect running 1600w for lights need to gain 3f night and day? if I ran heater may as well run 1200w in flower room though I am looking at a cheaper way to bump heat up.
Canada or not takes months to get heat into concrete